Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Baptism / Catholic

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Lutheran

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is "Baptism Christianity" lolol?

Those are people who via their beliefs, say that you can't truly follow Christ until you've been baptized in the Church.

BTW..............they come in many different Christian varieties...........Lutheran, Baptist, Episcopalian, etc.

Those are people who via their beliefs, say that you can't truly follow Christ until you've been baptized in the Church.

BTW..............they come in many different Christian varieties...........Lutheran, Baptist, Episcopalian, etc.
No, they come in one variety. No Protestant believes you have to be baptized to follow Christ.

No, they come in one variety. No Protestant believes you have to be baptized to follow Christ.

Except that they ALL do, especially Baptists.

Here...............lemmie help you out with the definition of Protestant...............

Protestant

[prot-uh-stuh nt or for 4, 6, pruh-tes-tuh nt]

noun

1.any Western Christian who is not an adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church.

2.an adherent of any of those Christian bodies that separated from the Church of Rome during the Reformation, or of any group descended from them.

3.(originally) any of the German princes who protested against the decision of the Diet of Speyer in 1529, which had denounced the Reformation.

4.(lowercase) a person who protests.

Pay close attention to definitions 1 and 2. You might learn something.

And..................fwiw..................there are many Protestant varieties that believe you must be baptized to follow Christ and enter Heaven. One of the things that got me in trouble with a foster family that I lived with for 3 years was that I refused to be baptized as a Baptist, because I didn't believe in what they taught, and it was a sore spot with them until I ran away and went back to live with my Grandparents.

I got asked if I wanted to be baptized at least 3 times a year.

You know, I can't really belong to one dogma or religion that tells me there is only one book, and one belief system that is the only true one.

God is too big to be contained by just one. Either God is Everything, or He is nothing.

No. And no. God and Christ are two good higher brain.

Even Buddha and Allah believers. Even Asa old believers.

Even Lord believers.

:eusa_angel:

Here...............lemmie help you out with the definition of Protestant...............

Protestant

noun

1.any Western Christian who is not an adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church.

2.an adherent of any of those Christian bodies that separated from the Church of Rome during the Reformation, or of any group descended from them.

3.(originally) any of the German princes who protested against the decision of the Diet of Speyer in 1529, which had denounced the Reformation.

And..................fwiw..................there are many Protestant varieties that believe you must be baptized to follow Christ and enter Heaven. One of the things that got me in trouble with a foster family that I lived with for 3 years was that I refused to be baptized as a Baptist, because I didn't believe in what they taught, and it was a sore spot with them until I ran away and went back to live with my Grandparents.

NO none of the protestant faiths believe you must be baptized to be saved, you fucking idiot. Yes the practice baptism as an act of obedience and an outward declaration of faith.
CATHOLICS believe the act itself imparts grace itself, which is absolutely false biblically speaking.

Thank you for again exhibiting your ignorance.

and gramna, I'm a BAPTIST and Sunday school teacher, vacation bible school teacher. No, Baptists absolutely don't believe baptism imparts grace that comes from Christ alone, and the pastor says that at every baptism.

Protestant

noun

NO none of the protestant faiths believe you must be baptized to be saved, you fucking idiot. Yes the practice baptism as an act of obedience and an outward declaration of faith.
CATHOLICS believe the act itself imparts grace itself, which is absolutely false biblically speaking.

and gramna, I'm a BAPTIST and Sunday school teacher, vacation bible school teacher. No, Baptists absolutely don't believe baptism imparts grace that comes from Christ alone, and the pastor says that at every baptism.

I don't really give a crap what or who you are, because there are several different sects of Baptists, Northern and Southern just to name two, and they interpret the same freaking book differently. I lived through the 3 years of foster care where it seemed like every time I turned around, I was being told that I couldn't get to Heaven unless I was baptized.

Wanna know why I refused? Because I'd been baptized Lutheran at birth, and thought that one time was more than enough.

Go pound sand Kaiser Twit..............it's already apparent from your lack of understanding of Protestants that you don't really know what you're talking about, because all you know is the backward ass closed in bubble that you've put yourself in.

Protestant

noun

I don't really give a crap what or who you are, because there are several different sects of Baptists, Northern and Southern just to name two, and they interpret the same freaking book differently. I lived through the 3 years of foster care where it seemed like every time I turned around, I was being told that I couldn't get to Heaven unless I was baptized.

Wanna know why I refused? Because I'd been baptized Lutheran at birth, and thought that one time was more than enough.

Go pound sand Kaiser Twit..............it's already apparent from your lack of understanding of Protestants that you don't really know what you're talking about, because all you know is the backward ass closed in bubble that you've put yourself in.

Omg you are hopelessly ignorant.

I find that is true of most of those who stop learning when they are 12.

Anyway, Protestants do not believe the act of baptism imparts grace in and of itself. It's a symbolic gesture and an act of obedience.

Embrace your stupidity. And there is NO "sect" of baptists who believe that baptism imparts grace. Not one. That is why we don't baptize babies at all. It's a choice that people make when they reach the age of reason, and the baptism is their public announcement of their faith.

"Baptism Is Symbolic

"Baptists believe that the Bible teaches that baptism is important but not necessary for salvation. For example, the thief on the cross (Luke 23:39-43), Saul on the Damascus road (Acts 9:1-18) and the people gathered in Cornelius’ house (Acts 10:24-48) all experienced salvation without the necessity of baptism. In his sermon at Pentecost, Peter urged those who had repented and believed in Christ to be baptized, not that baptism was necessary for salvation but as a testimony that they had been saved (Acts 2:1-41).

"Thus, baptism is symbolic and not sacramental. Baptists believe that the Bible teaches that baptism symbolizes that a person has been saved and is not a means of salvation. Baptism is not a means of channeling saving grace but rather is a way of testifying that saving grace has been experienced. It does not wash away sin but symbolizes the forgiveness of sin through faith in Christ.

"While baptism is not essential for salvation, it is a very important requirement for obedience to the Lord. Christ commanded his disciples to baptize (Matthew 28:19) and therefore baptism is a form of obedience to Jesus as Lord. Baptism is one way that a person declares, “Jesus is Lord.” Baptists: Believer’s Baptism

"
Baptists usually use the term “ordinances” rather than “sacraments” when referring to baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Even if “sacraments” is used, it is never intended to imply that either of these two is necessary for a person to be saved.

"Baptists consistently declare that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are symbols and are not necessary for salvation. "
Baptists’ Two Ordinances: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper

"Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water. …It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus."

Southern Baptist Convention > Basic Beliefs

Forum List

Back