Rolling Stone Exposes Bain and Romney...

So....how does the Rolling Stone explain some of the success stories courtesy of Romney/Bain like Staples?

Read the article. The fact is, Staples was early in their career and it was too much like work.

They found it was much easier to take established companies like GS Steel and AmPad, load them down with debt and pay themselves.

Matt Taibbi??

:lol:

He's a douchebag / sleezebag / moronic hack.

His article on Goldman was beyond stupid. And I say that as a critic of Wall Street. Can't see why this would be any different.

Last edited:
If he would have done just a tiny bit of what they claimed he did, then he would have been in business from 1986 to 1990 (NOT FOR DECADES)!!! See what liberal douche bags don't understand is if you buy a struggling company you have to reorganize it (usually starts with down-sizing, because if the cash flow was positive you could move right to growth), but if you are going to resell it at a profit you have to show growth, prospective future and A REVENUE STREAM.

See liberal assholes believe there are just millions of gulliable buyers out their and they will buy a company that is debt ridden and bankrupt. Not the case! These investors look at everything from debt, to cash flow, market share, assets, profitability, 5 and 10 year performances, market trends, competition etc. A venture capitalist might doop some, but then they get blackballed and scarlet lettered. They are out of business in a few years. Bain ran from decades. No way in hell he did this.

Neg

Yawn... I know in your fantasy world that Mitt is a great businessman, but not really.

And yeah, if you read the article, the rest of Wall Street was creeped out by the Mormon Cult-like behavior of Bain's White-Shirted guys...

The point was, Bain didn't HAVE to sell it at a profit. All they had to do was arrange financing, take out their money, tell these folks who to fire and such...

They made a great comparison to how the Mob operated when they would load down a business with debt to buy other goods, and then torch it for the insurance money.

The ironic thing is, guys like Mitt's Dad didn't operate this way. THey understood there had to be a balance between workers, management, investors and community.

Matt Taibbi??

His article on Goldman was beyond stupid. And I say that as a critic of Wall Street. Can't see why this would be any different.

When you don't have a counter-argument, attack the messenger...

I think that was in Alinsky somewhere...

Matt Taibbi is full of shit.

I downloaded his Goldman "Giant Squid" article, came home, poured a cognac and was looking for to enjoying his hit piece. But after a page, the sophomoric, angry, lying, yellow journalist bullshit became apparent. He has a very transparent agenda.

But I can see how those who are ignorant and live in a Fog of Hate wouldn't know the difference.

:thup:

Matt Taibbi??

I downloaded his Goldman "Giant Squid" article, came home, poured a cognac and was looking for to enjoying his hit piece. But after a page, the sophomoric, angry, lying, yellow journalist bullshit became apparent. He has a very transparent agenda.

But I can see how those who are ignorant and live in a Fog of Hate wouldn't know the difference.

If I have hate, it's because these mother fuckers ruined everyone's lives...

And here you are defending them... again.

The first three pages is some of the stupidest propaganda I have read in a long time. Thanks for wasting my time.

Did you need someone to help you with the big words?

Nope, this is a terrible story and the bias is set forth in the first half page.

There is no evidence, there is no support for the story.c

Actually, he pretty thoroughy documents it... it's just a story you don't want to hear.

I get that.

You can keep kneeling at their table, and they still won't throw you any scraps no matter how much you wag your tail.

Yeah right, and Rolling Stone is an independent source of political information? The freaking hypocrites quote tax exempt Media Matters for information on only republicans and they call successful business people ...greedy.

And yeah, if you read the article, the rest of Wall Street was creeped out by the Mormon Cult-like behavior of Bain's White-Shirted guys...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what I mean by Taibbi being full of shit.

I'm sure you could find someone bitter who lost out in an auction to Bain say something nasty about Romney. Wall Street is full of egos, and Bain was one of the top performing money manager for several years. But Bain was and still is seen as no different than any other private equity firm, other than they are - or at least were - better than most.

Know what you don't know. You're ignorant if you believe this crap.

I just read the entire article. It's a polemic, plain and simple. A wingnut hit piece loaded with innuendo and lies, with a few bits of actual information sprinkled throughout. Taibbi is feeding rotted red meat to the leftist drones that need to be told what to believe....I wonder if he'll give them a salve after Romney boots Obama in November?

If I have hate, it's because these mother fuckers ruined everyone's lives...

And here you are defending them... again.

Yes, I can understand why a person who thinks Mormons, Jews, blacks, rich guys and financiers are all the same would come to the erroneous conclusion that Bain ruined "everyone's" lives. It's called "confirmation bias" when you live in the Fog of Hate.

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm sure you could find someone bitter who lost out in an auction to Bain say something nasty about Romney. Wall Street is full of egos, and Bain was one of the top performing money manager for several years. But Bain was and still is seen as no different than any other private equity firm, other than they are - or at least were - better than most.

We should have taken the top 1000 guys in Wall Street, no trial, thrown them into prison with the nastiest lifers in big-boy jail, and filmed them being sodomized.

And then make that the orientation day lecture for all future Wall Street types.

Bain was the worst of the lot, obviously... And there's a whole trail of broken bodies to show for it.

I warned you IDIOTS about this months ago, none of you listened. Well, now we are going to hear from these people... and it won't be pretty for your boy.

Because most Americans don't know how Wall Street works, but they know a douchebag when they see one.

Matt Taibbi??

Taibbi writes like a pimple faced kid who can't find a date because he's so ugly and stupid.

Did you need someone to help you with the big words?

Nope, this is a terrible story and the bias is set forth in the first half page.

Actually, he pretty thoroughy documents it... it's just a story you don't want to hear.

I get that.

You can keep kneeling at their table, and they still won't throw you any scraps no matter how much you wag your tail.

More shit, if he borrowed most of the buyout, saddle the buyout to the company and went bankrupt, why would they lend him more money on his next venture if they knew he'd do the same thing?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah, now it's Mormon like cult? Would it come as a surprise to radical left wing bigots that the democrat Senate Majority leader told an audience at Brigham Young University in 2008 that the democrat party agenda moirrors Mormon theology?

I get that.

More shit, if he borrowed most of the buyout, saddle the buyout to the company and went bankrupt, why would they lend him more money on his next venture if they knew he'd do the same thing?

Because we have a whole system of GOVERNMENT that makes sure that lenders get paid back, no matter what. Dumbass.

We should have taken the top 1000 guys in Wall Street, no trial, thrown them into prison with the nastiest lifers in big-boy jail, and filmed them being sodomized.

Thanks for proving my point!

Right on cue.

Why do you have a problem with that?

Oh, because you might be one of those guys... booo-hoooo...

If you are going to give these guys inordinate rewards when they succeed, why not inordinate punishments when they fail?

Seems reasonable to me.

I didn't lose half my wealth because I did anything wrong... I did because they leveraged the whole economy because they were too greedy.

And not learning a lesson from 2008, you want to do it again.

That's insanity.

Forum List

Back