RNC Shoots Itself in the Mouth

Well, if the health care reform gets shot down a lot of people will be upset. No more coverage for pre-existing conditions? No keeping your kids under your policy until they can afford their own?

Sounds like a Democrat majority in the making.

it might be... but more than that, how low do people have to be to celebrate this? that's what i find so perplexing. it's not even.. ."ok i disagree with this"... it's an insane fervor.

bizarre...

would you drink champagne if someone suddenly couldn't get health insurance because of a pre-existing condition?

i don't know...there seems to be something deranged about it.

I found it amazing that the judges of the highest court in the land..where making silly Broccoli arguments. Every conservative judge asked that question. And it's straight out of the Tea Party..they didn't even try to change it. It's an incredibly simplistic and ignorant argument. It's hard to believe any of these guys are serious lawmakers.

It was shameful. I was especially dissappointed in Judge Roberts..who I use to have a good deal of respect for...

Therein lies the problem. Justices of the SCOTUS are not lawmakers despite their recent history of legislating from the bench. Broccoli comments and 8th amendment comparisons are valid in that they illustrate how preposterous forcing "commerce" is.

it might be... but more than that, how low do people have to be to celebrate this? that's what i find so perplexing. it's not even.. ."ok i disagree with this"... it's an insane fervor.

bizarre...

would you drink champagne if someone suddenly couldn't get health insurance because of a pre-existing condition?

i don't know...there seems to be something deranged about it.

It's an "insane fervor" for liberty. Something liberals don’t seem to comprehend. This bill is an insane power grab, no one person really knows all that is in it, but liberals seem to want to believe that it's all good, it's just plain craziness :cuckoo: Yes if this thing is stricken down I'll be partying

that's what rightwingnuts said about social security, too...

i'm not impressed.

but then again, it doesn't shock me coming from an ignorant neocon.

although, as always, i appreciate your being living proof that stereotypes saying all jews are smart are misguided.

keep on keeping on. :thup:

An insult from the queen of talking points. I’m living proof that all Jews are not elitist liberals who think they know what’s good for everyone, and will attempt to force their elitist views onto all the people by way of an all power unconstitutional government

Last edited:
Yea and let's realistically look where SS is today. And you and your cronies want to trust our health care funds and management to the government. :lol: :lol: :lol:

social security needs the minimum age raised a little. that's about it.

it's been the most successful program in the history of our country.

i'm sure you'll be returning your checks to the government, though. :thup:

LOL

Obama told you the fund was broke in August.

The RNC shoots itself in the mouth
By Tom Goldstein on Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Opponents of the Affordable Care Act and the Obama Administration really could not have had a better week. They did a tremendous job framing their constitutional argument against the statute to the public, the lawyers on their side were brilliant, and it appears that they had a receptive Supreme Court majority. It was an 11 on a scale of 10.

Now this. The RNC released an advertisement (embedded in the story linked below) with audio from the halting beginning to Don Verrilli’s oral argument on the individual mandate to make the point that (as the ad’s title says) “ObamaCare: It’s a tough sell.” So far as I can tell, it is less a real ad that would actually run than a stunt intended to draw attention – no less a stunt than the DNC surely has done in lots of other contexts.

But Bloomberg News had the good sense to actually compare the actual argument audio with what the RNC distributed. It turns out to have been materially doctored. As the Bloomberg piece says, “A review of a transcript and recordings of those moments shows that Verrilli took a sip of water just once, paused for a much briefer period, and completed his thought, rather than stuttering and trailing off as heard in the doctored version.”

I’ve been in practice for seventeen years, and the blog has existed for ten, and this is the single most classless and misleading thing I’ve ever seen related to the Court. It is as if the RNC decided to take an incredibly serious and successful argument that has the chance to produce a pathbreaking legal victory for a conservative interpretation of the Constitution, drag it through the mud, and vomit on it. I would be shocked if a serious conservative lawyer would stand by the ad.

SCOTUSblog

the right wing court will take it down.
This is nearly the same court that handed Bush the election.

Then the country will have no choice but to do Universal healthcare or go without healthcare for most.

Yea and let's realistically look where SS is today. And you and your cronies want to trust our health care funds and management to the government. :lol: :lol: :lol:

social security needs the minimum age raised a little. that's about it.

it's been the most successful program in the history of our country.

i'm sure you'll be returning your checks to the government, though. :thup:

Successful at arrogating power to the central gov't, you mean. The return on SS is woefully below what anyone could get with a half way decent retirement account. So it fails at what it is supposd to do.

But here you are returning to form and throwing personal insults when you cannot anwer the objection.

Opponents of the Affordable Care Act and the Obama Administration really could not have had a better week. They did a tremendous job framing their constitutional argument against the statute to the public, the lawyers on their side were brilliant, and it appears that they had a receptive Supreme Court majority. It was an 11 on a scale of 10.

Now this. The RNC released an advertisement (embedded in the story linked below) with audio from the halting beginning to Don Verrilli’s oral argument on the individual mandate to make the point that (as the ad’s title says) “ObamaCare: It’s a tough sell.” So far as I can tell, it is less a real ad that would actually run than a stunt intended to draw attention – no less a stunt than the DNC surely has done in lots of other contexts.

But Bloomberg News had the good sense to actually compare the actual argument audio with what the RNC distributed. It turns out to have been materially doctored. As the Bloomberg piece says, “A review of a transcript and recordings of those moments shows that Verrilli took a sip of water just once, paused for a much briefer period, and completed his thought, rather than stuttering and trailing off as heard in the doctored version.”

I’ve been in practice for seventeen years, and the blog has existed for ten, and this is the single most classless and misleading thing I’ve ever seen related to the Court. It is as if the RNC decided to take an incredibly serious and successful argument that has the chance to produce a pathbreaking legal victory for a conservative interpretation of the Constitution, drag it through the mud, and vomit on it. I would be shocked if a serious conservative lawyer would stand by the ad.

SCOTUSblog

Then the country will have no choice but to do Universal healthcare or go without healthcare for most.

Care to tell my how "everyone" will pay for it when so many are out of work, so many are on welfare and so many are retiring soon. Exactly who is "everyone" that's going to pay for health care?? Do you really have tunnel vision or are you just not that bright??

SCOTUSblog

Bush had more votes than Gore in FL

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" -- Obama admitting that there are no assets to sell in the Social Security "Trust" Fund

Care to tell my how "everyone" will pay for it when so many are out of work, so many are on welfare and so many are retiring soon. Exactly who is "everyone" that's going to pay for health care?? Do you really have tunnel vision or are you just not that bright??

what part of everyone do you not understand?

jsut how are all those people paying now you fool?

Why did the congress do healthcare last time arround you clowns?

Because it was skyrocketing in price and we had the worst care in the western world.

You guys cant seem to hang on to facts

when everyone needs care then everyone should pay for it.

That is what all the other countries have done and they dont have the problems we have.

You on the right are the reason it got this bad.

Now ponder this part of the equation.

All the other western world countries have some type of one payer system.

That means their corps DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR HEALTHCARE!

that means our corps are suffering under a burden other corps are not.

Now ponder this part of the equation.

All the other western world countries have some type of one payer system.

That means their corps DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR HEALTHCARE!

that means our corps are suffering under a burden other corps are not.

And they have the worlds biggest economy too, those are the countries that people are trying to migrate to in order to start up new businesses, right?

Why do you want to force our corps to bare this burden when other corps dont?

Why did the congress do healthcare last time arround you clowns?

Because it was skyrocketing in price and we had the worst care in the western world.

You guys cant seem to hang on to facts

The worst? Really? Where did Ted Kennedy go for his care?

The Mandate is wrong and Unconstitutional. So some but not all of Obama's Healthcare debacle will be struck down. Look for some sort of compromise from the Court on this. That's been their track-record as of late.

SCOTUSblog

The mandate provides revenues for the insurance companies to cover the costs of dropping preexisting conditions and the capping of lifetime benefits. It the court strikes down the mandate, they should strike down the preexisting conditions and capping of lifetime benefits since they are inseparable. If the court does not then either congress must or premiums will skyrocket. In essence this is what the government told the court.

Dozens of other provisions such as new FDA regulations that speed generics to the market, 19 to 26 yrs olds on parent's insurance, insurance exchanges, tax credits for low income earners, Medicare cost savings, expanding Medicaid and dozens of other changes have nothing to do with the mandate.

If the mandate goes, then we must allow insurance companies to exclude based on preexisting conditions and to cap benefits.

So it's a good thing if we don't have Government health care and it's a good thing if we do. Alrighty then, the left truly believes the American people are stupid. Their leader has told them they don't know what's good for them, only government knows for sure.

I don't believe this left wing slight of hand is going to work. Obamacare was this administrations only focus for two years, they ignored the economy and unemployment. It's Obama's signature legislation and now it's a good thing if it gets thrown out.

So it's a good thing if we don't have Government health care and it's a good thing if we do. Alrighty then, the left truly believes the American people are stupid. Their leader has told them they don't know what's good for them, only government knows for sure.

I don't believe this left wing slight of hand is going to work. Obamacare was this administrations only focus for two years, they ignored the economy and unemployment. It's Obama's signature legislation and now it's a good thing if it gets thrown out.

Ya....because what we had worked so well. :doubt:

And we're not smart enough to have a national health care plan in place like EVERY OTHER modern nation in the entire world.

Forum List

Back