RIP Klia (1998-2014)

il_fullxfull.469617130_jwo7.jpg

Klia is now at peace and eventually you will be at peace again too.

Take care
DT

Thanks, DT.

I am so sorry Stat :( What a beautiful girl .... and what a great home she had with you!

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own,
live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan.

Irving Townsend, "The Once Again Prince

Thanks, Coyote.

So sorry, Stat. I know Klia is somewhere where there is no more pain....and thankful that she had you for her master for such a long time. You were good to her and she served you well, and now for a while you'll feel pain at the thought of her being gone, but eventually, you'll just remember what neat times you two spent together and it will bring a smile to your heart. RIP Klia.

Thanks, Mertex.

Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy, or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is the way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions.

Dean Koontz

Thanks, Skull Pilot.

She was beautiful and very lucky to have adopted you as her human. I'm sorry she's gone and yet, what Delta said is true - she lives on in your heart.

Proof of that is just what you said - you expect her to do all the things that endeared her to you, all those habits that our animals and we share in our day-to-day lives.

The hurt lessens with time but the love and that special connection you shared with her will not. There will always be moments that remind you of her, little vignettes of the years you had together.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Thanks, Luddly.

Sorry for your loss, and i know for months you will look and not see your friend. I have 11 dogs now after losing 2 this summer, one little Scott I rescued 12 years ago as he stood scared and lonely after being dumped by a heartless human on a lonely dirt road. The other after only being alive for 2 years...
Life is hard and bitter and these little lives bring happiness and love unconditionally...I raise my bong in a toast to all the great animals that have helped me through life...
I can see why some humans would rather marry an animal than a fellow human..

Sorry for your loss, and i know for months you will look and not see your friend. I have 11 dogs now after losing 2 this summer, one little Scott I rescued 12 years ago as he stood scared and lonely after being dumped by a heartless human on a lonely dirt road. The other after only being alive for 2 years...
Life is hard and bitter and these little lives bring happiness and love unconditionally...I raise my bong in a toast to all the great animals that have helped me through life...
I can see why some humans would rather marry an animal than a fellow human..

Thanks.

Well, for everything but the wanting to marry animals part....

Forum List

Back