Rick Perry's bizarre New Hampshire speech

We Republicans, like the Dems, have no problem justifying our folks by their intentions while we judge their folks by their actions. Newt may well survive, RW.

Why? Isn't it obvious? To learn if he has had speeches like this in the past. To see if this is just Perry being Perry.

And....I am satisfied with Obama's performace as POTUS. I am in favor of him having another term. So....you are correct. I would not vote for Perry.

If you are satisfied with 9% unemployment, 6% inflation, 1.4 trillion dollar debt, $4.00 a gallon gasoline, and a government that is probably the most dysfunctional that I've seen in my lifetime, then I would say you have pretty low standards.

I think on some level, you know Obama is a failure, so you need to find fault with his adversaries, even over the trivial...

The above litany of failure is a lot more serious than whether or not Perry was too folksy in an appearence or if Herman Cain was unclear on what the settlement with a slacker they fired was.

lol you should know somebody who would vote for Obama has low standards... they guy did nothing in his history that made him deserving of even running.

You have done nothing to show that yoiu are entitled to an opinion. Do we know if you are born here, CT9? Are IAW constitutional standards for citizenship? Do we even know if you are human? Your statement is right there with bigrebnc's idiocies. Welcome aboard, son.

[
One, look where Romney is in the polls, where he has been steady for months.

Two, look where Perry has been and is now in the polls, with no change in sight.

You have fail with Perry. Get over it, get a move on, and let's work for a GOP victory with Romney.

Once again, Romney's the nominee, I'm voting for Obama out of pure spite.

No way I let the LDS CULT win. Ever.

Perry is electable because he doesn't piss people like me off.

I'll tell ya Joe.....you have some sore feelings when it comes to those mormons. Were you ass-raped by a pair of tie-wearing cyclists?

Last edited:
I'll tell ya Joe.....you have some sore feelings when it comes to those mormons. Were you ass-raped by a pair of tie-wearing cyclists?

I wish it were something that simple.

Let's just say I had an encounter with the Latter Day Stupids that has convinced me they are the biggest danger to America today.

the worst Obama could do is be a self-important idiot for four more years. I've survived four years of that, I can live with four more.

It is rather laughable to be so anti-another's religion. Especially since, in no way, does it effect you.

You know what, i have no love for ANYONE'S religion. Religion is a disease. It's weakness. It's cowardice.

But Mormonism offends me just a bit more because the fraud is so obvious.

And you're right. It doesn't effect me. And I mean to keep it that way.

It is rather laughable to be so anti-another's religion. Especially since, in no way, does it effect you.

You know what, i have no love for ANYONE'S religion. Religion is a disease. It's weakness. It's cowardice.

The funny thing about circular logic is that eventually you run out of gas exploring it. So Mr. Obama's religion doesn't bother you but Mr. Romney's does? Oooooooookay.....gotcha (the theme to the Twilight Zone plays in the background)

Perry must be gaining traction if CandyCorn is going to these lengths...

Traction? With a few more million $$$ he may overtake Bachman and poll in double didgits in Iowa...LOL.

Just pointing it out; what always gets me is that Rabbai and Missourian et.al. will be in here (if they haven't been already) defending this bizarre speech as some sort of political science example of how to run for President; message being their boy can't do anything wrong. And of course the gaffes of Biden will be brought up immediately as if Joe Biden is the gold standard of oration.

Any sober observer can admit without reservation that this was not Perry's finest hour. He has very few fine hours apparently. But they will not even do that.

I watched the video, it looked to me like he was being informal with an informal crowd. And the clips are taken out of context.

I think he's trying to adopt Cain's kind of Folksy style, and it isn't natural to him. Just my thought.

I do find it interesting that the Politico seems to do hit pieces on all Romney's adversaries, though.

I don't know Politico well enough to say for certain but Romney isn't giving speeches where he is trying to portray Ron White; commenting about China trying to develop Nuclear Capabilities (nearly 50 years after they in fact developed them) or making very strange statements about knowing sexual harassment charges were coming weeks ago but not choosing to consider their response until they went public.

Romney, like him or loathe him, is running a smart, disciplined campaign. I wish Hillary would have ran this type of campaign in 08; she may be President now.

The funny thing about circular logic is that eventually you run out of gas exploring it. So Mr. Obama's religion doesn't bother you but Mr. Romney's does? Oooooooookay.....gotcha (the theme to the Twilight Zone plays in the background)

Well, no, Obama's religion does bother me. I think I've criticized Rev. Wright enough here, and Obama's reprehensible behavior in not denouncing him until he came under intense pressure to do so..

But I also realize, Obama probably doesn't believe in talking snakes any more than I do. He joined Wright's church to give himself a political leg up when he Peter Principled himself to what should have been the height of his career- a non-entity representing the slums of the South Side. the bizarre circumstances that made this mediocrity a president shows we are taking our politics about as seriously as American Idol - if Sanjiya won!

Romney, on the other hand, really believes he's wearing magic underwear and he's going to be a God on his own world in the afterlife. Not the kind of thing you want anywhere near the nukes. I also have studied the history of the Latter Day Saints Cult, and realize that seizing political power was been their goal since child-molestor Joseph Smith started the cult in the 1820's.

Last edited:

Well, no, Obama's religion does bother me. I think I've criticized Rev. Wright enough here, and Obama's reprehensible behavior in not denouncing him until he came under intense pressure to do so..

But I also realize, Obama probably doesn't believe in talking snakes any more than I do. He joined Wright's church to give himself a political leg up when he Peter Principled himself to what should have been the height of his career- a non-entity representing the slums of the South Side. the bizarre circumstances that made this mediocrity a president shows we are taking our politics about as seriously as American Idol - if Sanjiya won!

Romney, on the other hand, really believes he's wearing magic underwear and he's going to be a God on his own world in the afterlife. Not the kind of thing you want anywhere near the nukes. I also have studied the history of the Latter Day Saints Cult, and realize that seizing political power was been their goal since child-molestor Joseph Smith started the cult in the 1820's.

I see the hateful, insecure atheist bigot is making no progress with his OCD.

Well, no, Obama's religion does bother me.
You just said earlier that you'd vote for him...."out of spite". Are you a child?

I think I've criticized Rev. Wright enough here, and Obama's reprehensible behavior in not denouncing him until he came under intense pressure to do so..

Not sure what any of that means; also don't care.

I will say that if anybody else had been in Wright's congregation AND had been such a close confederate of Wright over the past 20 years, they would have been politically sunk in the primaries much less the General Election. White guilt skewed the election in 2008; hopefully we're way past that and there will be more of meritocracy in 2012 and henceforth. The best person for the job should win the elections more often than not.
I firmly believe that the best person for the Republican nomination would be John Huntsman. He actually believes in science!!!! Shocking for a Republican, I know.

Really? He believes that? Can you quote HIM saying that?

I see the hateful, insecure atheist bigot is making no progress with his OCD.

There is NOTHING wrong with being an atheist, Methodist (like me), Catholic, Jew, agnostic, etc....

There is something wrong with irrational hate/loathing based on what seem to be child-like assumptions thought.

Look at how the pervading thought is that Reverend Wright is such a terrible guy. Veteran turned preacher whose words were taken out of context. Horrible.

An example of how lies and misinformation settle in over years of repitition into something resembling reality. Total bullshit.

You just said earlier that you'd vote for him...."out of spite". Are you a child?

NO, I'm someone who met some Mormons in the 1980's, and was so creeped out by their bizarre cultish behavior that I never want to see them in any position of authority.

A choice between Obama and Romney is a choice between liberals. If Romney wins, the GOP will be renouncing conservatism, and we will essentially have two Democratic Parties. So if you are going to give me a choice between two Democrats, I'd rather vote for the real article, not a cheap knockoff.

I think I've criticized Rev. Wright enough here, and Obama's reprehensible behavior in not denouncing him until he came under intense pressure to do so..

Not sure what any of that means; also don't care.

Did you need someone to explain the big words to you?

I will say that if anybody else had been in Wright's congregation AND had been such a close confederate of Wright over the past 20 years, they would have been politically sunk in the primaries much less the General Election. White guilt skewed the election in 2008; hopefully we're way past that and there will be more of meritocracy in 2012 and henceforth. The best person for the job should win the elections more often than not.

What skewed the election was that 1) McCain was a RINO that Republicans didn't want and 2) the economy was in such bad shape. Had nothing to do with "White Guilt". In fact, McCain won the white vote 55-45. - 3% worse than bush did in 2004. What put Obama over the top was the Black, Hispanic and Asian votes, all of which he carried by much larger margins than John Kerry did.

Which again, is why Romney would be an awful candidate. Besides the fact he got a leg up on Perry by demonizing Hispanics to get the Minuteman bigot vote, he belongs to a cult that thinks that dark skin is a curse from God. The GOP needs to make inroads into the Hispanic community to survive. This ain't the way to do it.

I firmly believe that the best person for the Republican nomination would be John Huntsman. He actually believes in science!!!! Shocking for a Republican, I know.

Yup, John Huntsman. For people who want variety in their liberal, RINO Mormons.

I'm still waiting for the Second Ice Age the "Scientists" insisted was coming back in the 1970's. Oddly,the solution for "Global Warming" is exactly the same as it was for preventing the second Ice age- More government regulation and less freedom. Imagine that.

Really? He believes that? Can you quote HIM saying that?
[/QUOTE]

That's what Mormons really believe... Sorry, guy. They do.

Look at how the pervading thought is that Reverend Wright is such a terrible guy. Veteran turned preacher whose words were taken out of context. Horrible.

An example of how lies and misinformation settle in over years of repitition into something resembling reality. Total bullshit.

There's a context where "God Damn America" actually sounds good?

There is NOTHING wrong with being an atheist, Methodist (like me), Catholic, Jew, agnostic, etc....

There is something wrong with irrational hate/loathing based on what seem to be child-like assumptions thought.

No, I disdain the LDS for a very good reason.

It's a fraud. Joseph Smith made it up. He lied. Science has proven him a liar.

Now, I don't really have any love for any religion. But most religions are based on superstition and our fears of death. We WANT to think there is something beyond this life, because the knowledge that there isn't makes it all kind of depressing.

But when you get a character like Smith or L. Ron Hubbard or the "Reverand" Moon who makes up pure bullshit in order to scam less smart people into giving up their money, freedom or even sex, then it becomes something a lot more sinister.

When Mitt Romney ran in 2008, he said he welcomed questions about his faith.

Now he acts all indignant and doesn't want to bring it up. I guess he didn't like the questions he heard the last time.

There's a context where "God Damn America" actually sounds good?

I will ask. Have you ever seen the entire sermon from which that clip was taken? Or, have you ever read the transcript?

Forum List

Back