Rick Perry's bizarre New Hampshire speech

Look at how the pervading thought is that Reverend Wright is such a terrible guy. Veteran turned preacher whose words were taken out of context. Horrible.

An example of how lies and misinformation settle in over years of repitition into something resembling reality. Total bullshit.

There's a context where "God Damn America" actually sounds good?

I will ask. Have you ever seen the entire sermon from which that clip was taken? Or, have you ever read the transcript?
I have.

Wright hates America.

I will ask. Have you ever seen the entire sermon from which that clip was taken? Or, have you ever read the transcript?
I have.

Wright hates America.

Oh. Good. Then, you can discuss the context of the comment, then. Please do so.
You asked, I answered.

Now you ask me to provide something that doesn't exist.

The context indicates that Wright hates America, thus "God damn America".

No doubt you'll rationalize it with bullshit.

I don't. Words have actual meanings, thus making communication effective.

Otherwise, idiots who redefine words should just grunt. It fits their intellect.

Wright does not hate America, and si modo has the context completely wrong, as she well knows.

She is simply a shill for the dark side.

Wright does not hate America, and si modo has the context completely wrong, as she well knows.

Wrong, but no surprise.

His quote: "Not 'God bless America,' 'God damn America,'" he said. "God damn America for treating its citizens as less than human."

You just said earlier that you'd vote for him...."out of spite". Are you a child?

NO, I'm someone who met some Mormons in the 1980's, and was so creeped out by their bizarre cultish behavior that I never want to see them in any position of authority.

A choice between Obama and Romney is a choice between liberals. If Romney wins, the GOP will be renouncing conservatism, and we will essentially have two Democratic Parties. So if you are going to give me a choice between two Democrats, I'd rather vote for the real article, not a cheap knockoff.
Some Mormons? If you had met "some" Christians you'd think that they are totally intolerant of any other religion. As with "some" Jews, "some" Baptists, and even "some" Catholics toward OTHER Catholics.

Not sure what any of that means; also don't care.

Did you need someone to explain the big words to you?

Just wasn't that interested in accompanying you down that Rabbit Hole there Alice.

What skewed the election was that 1) McCain was a RINO that Republicans didn't want and 2) the economy was in such bad shape. Had nothing to do with "White Guilt". In fact, McCain won the white vote 55-45. - 3% worse than bush did in 2004. What put Obama over the top was the Black, Hispanic and Asian votes, all of which he carried by much larger margins than John Kerry did.

Which again, is why Romney would be an awful candidate. Besides the fact he got a leg up on Perry by demonizing Hispanics to get the Minuteman bigot vote, he belongs to a cult that thinks that dark skin is a curse from God. The GOP needs to make inroads into the Hispanic community to survive. This ain't the way to do it.

Obama's almost embarrasingly soft media coverage (I heard one stat as to where he was on the cover of Time Magazine 16 times from 12/07 to his ignauguration in 2009) in my view, is directly tied to white guilt. Just my opinion. Your 3% is out of context. The electorate was energized; turn out was as high as it has been since 1968--40 years earlier!!!! That is a fact.
Yup, John Huntsman. For people who want variety in their liberal, RINO Mormons.

Say what you want; the man makes sense...unlike one of us in this conversation. LOL. Just messing with you.
I'm still waiting for the Second Ice Age the "Scientists" insisted was coming back in the 1970's. Oddly,the solution for "Global Warming" is exactly the same as it was for preventing the second Ice age- More government regulation and less freedom. Imagine that.
Belief in Science isn't the same as having a crystal ball.

Romney, on the other hand, really believes he's wearing magic underwear and he's going to be a God on his own world in the afterlife. Not the kind of thing you want anywhere near the nukes. I also have studied the history of the Latter Day Saints Cult, and realize that seizing political power was been their goal since child-molestor Joseph Smith started the cult in the 1820's.

Really? He believes that? Can you quote HIM saying that?

That's what Mormons really believe... Sorry, guy. They do.

Will you watch the following clip about religion in the public debate and tell me what you think?
The West Wing: The Ignorant, Tight Ass Club - YouTube

Bartlett 2012!!!

Last edited:

Wrong, but no surprise.

His quote: "Not 'God bless America,' 'God damn America,'" he said. "God damn America for treating its citizens as less than human."

The surprise is that you even got part of the quote. Now put it into context. Until you do, your opinion is only yours, and no one else cares.

Look at how the pervading thought is that Reverend Wright is such a terrible guy. Veteran turned preacher whose words were taken out of context. Horrible.

An example of how lies and misinformation settle in over years of repitition into something resembling reality. Total bullshit.

There's a context where "God Damn America" actually sounds good?

Yes, I have. My statement stands....

Anyone who enjoys the Left Wing....errr, the West Wing probalby has no credibility in a political discussion.

Some Mormons? If you had met "some" Christians you'd think that they are totally intolerant of any other religion. As with "some" Jews, "some" Baptists, and even "some" Catholics toward OTHER Catholics.

These were BYU ROTC cadets. Essentially, the flower of Mormon Manhood.

Obama's almost embarrasingly soft media coverage (I heard one stat as to where he was on the cover of Time Magazine 16 times from 12/07 to his ignauguration in 2009) in my view, is directly tied to white guilt. Just my opinion. Your 3% is out of context. The electorate was energized; turn out was as high as it has been since 1968--40 years earlier!!!! That is a fact.

Not sure why you are whining, since you think he's a wonderful president. That wasn't the argument you made. You made the argument that white guilt got him elected when in fact he lost white people as badly as John Kerry did, despite the war, the economy, the fact Sarah Palin was clinically retarded, etc.

Might as well be. They make a crapload of doomsday predictions, few of which come true (remember when they said the oceans would be dead by 2000? I do.) But they're scientists. We have to listen to them. Really.

Will you watch the following clip about religion in the public debate and tell me what you think?

No, I won't. Life's too short.

Dishonest nutters. One cannot see/hear/read the entirety of Wright's comments in that sermon and come away with the idea that he hates America.

I don't think he was drunk, I think he just has that kind of personality. He's been calm but at this point, he probably decided just to be himself and see how that goes.

I don't think he was drunk, I think he just has that kind of personality. He's been calm but at this point, he probably decided just to be himself and see how that goes.

And I suspect that's all this really was. I suspect that there was a conversation that a consultant told him, "Rick, you're a great guy, you need to loosen up and be more natural" and he overcompensated. The crowd reaction seemed to indicate they reacted positively to him.

Dishonest nutters. One cannot see/hear/read the entirety of Wright's comments in that sermon and come away with the idea that he hates America.

Actually, the rest of the sermon doesn't help him..

"The government lied about Pearl Harbor. They knew the Japanese were going to attack. Governments lie. The government lied about the Gulf of Tonkin. They wanted that resolution to get us in the Vietnam War. Governments lie...."

“The government lied about the Tuskegee experiment. They purposely infected African American men with syphilis. Governments lie. The government lied about bombing Cambodia and Richard Nixon stood in front of the camera, ‘Let me make myself perfectly clear…' Governments lie. The government lied about the drugs for arms Contra scheme orchestrated by Oliver North, and then the government pardoned all the perpetrators so they could get better jobs in the government. Governments lie."

“The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. Governments lie. The government lied about a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein and a connection between 9.11.01 and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Governments lie."

Now, this is a lot of nutbag shit. Unless you really think that HIV was released into the population by the government and FDR (liberal hero, BTW) let 2000 men die at Pearl Harbor so he could have his war.

It's also intellectually dishonet. The government did not "infect" the men in the Tuskegee study. They managed to do that all on their own. You know.. by having sex. The worst thing the government did in the Tuskegee study was not fully inform the patients that there were untested treatments out there. (These men were all in the very advanced stages of the disease by the time penicillin was discovered, and it was not known what effect it would have on them.)

This sounds like a man who hates his country, or worse, has made his living exploiting hate.

I live in Chicago. I've seen the hucksters like Wright, Jackson, et al play on hate while they bilk their congregations. Wright lives in a nice, gated community in whiter than white Tinley Park. ANd he drives down to the slum to tell them what they all need to be angry about.

Anyone who enjoys the Left Wing....errr, the West Wing probalby has no credibility in a political discussion.
Didn't think you'd want to hold your bizarre stances up to scrutiny..

These were BYU ROTC cadets. Essentially, the flower of Mormon Manhood.
So?

Not sure why you are whining, since you think he's a wonderful president. That wasn't the argument you made. You made the argument that white guilt got him elected when in fact he lost white people as badly as John Kerry did, despite the war, the economy, the fact Sarah Palin was clinically retarded, etc.
Again you miss the point; had white guilt not softened the media coverage to the point of almost being laughable (I take that back--it was laughable), he would have lost even more support. You're talking voters, I'm talking about the entire campaign.

As for my "whining", you've stated that you're prepared to vote for him dumbass!!!! LOL
I'm being honest. The coverage of Obama was a joke.

Might as well be. They make a crapload of doomsday predictions, few of which come true (remember when they said the oceans would be dead by 2000? I do.) But they're scientists. We have to listen to them. Really.

Oh brother

No, I won't. Life's too short.[/QUOTE]

Didn't think so. Your being scared to examine your own stances is obvious.

Didn't think you'd want to hold your bizarre stances up to scrutiny..

No, I just don't look to partisan TV shows with cardboard characters. Like I said, man, I'm an atheist. I have contempt for all religion. I just have a little more for LDS.

Again you miss the point; had white guilt not softened the media coverage to the point of almost being laughable (I take that back--it was laughable), he would have lost even more support. You're talking voters, I'm talking about the entire campaign.

As for my "whining", you've stated that you're prepared to vote for him dumbass!!!! LOL
I'm being honest. The coverage of Obama was a joke.

Only because I hate Romney so much. Not because I like Obama at all. And certainly not because of anything the media said.

Romney vs. Obama is just making us vote for the lesser of two Democrats.

The media does a terrible job of scrutinizing all of these guys. Bush was retarded and Clinton obviously had some serious issues with women. They still both won. Maybe we're getting the democracy we deserve.

I'm an atheist. I have contempt for all religion. .

Those two things don't necessarily have to go together. The fact that you can't imagine it any other way goes to show what an insecure, hateful little fucking asshole you are. You have NO redeeming value to society, yourself, or anyone else, you fucking shitstain.

Only because I hate Romney so much. .

Gee, really? Who would have guessed? You only post some variation on that theme A THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES A DAY, YOU OCD FUCKED IN THE HEAD PIECE OF SHIT.

Forum List

Back