Rice: We didn't intend to mislead on Benghazi

The talking points for the media, prepared by the CIA called them extremist. Which is not a lie. Of course if you have a quote or a link to a quote where she specifically denied that it was al Queda.....

your debate style is disingenuous

Can you provide a quote or something that will back up the claim that she denied that it was al Queda? Was she ever asked "Was this the work of al Queda?" How about the term extremist? You do believe that al Queda is an extremist group right? Did she ever not qualify her statments by saying we will wait until the investigation is complete?

If she wanted to wait until the investigation was complete...then why didnt she wait until the investigation was complete? Why did she offer an explanation that did not have evidence to support it if she were waiting for the investigation to be complete?

No one asked her if Humpty Dumpty did it either...why would they if she never mentioned that Humpty Dumpty was a possibility?

I think this situation points out another flaw in liberalism, they don't think much of women and minorities. Rice is just not capable of knowing what she was saying isn't true. Kind of like I read in another post about Colin Powell being told to tell lies concerning Iraq. I for one think both are more then smart enough to know what they were doing. Liberals apparently think less of them.

what part of intended baffles you?

...that with all of these elite Ivy Leaguers running the country and receiving warnings and pleas from those eventually killed, the best immediate "explanation" they can come up with is a You Tube Video.

which happened to be the ONLY explanation that did not have actual evidence to support it.

LOL...they didnt want to pin an explanation on anything until the investigation was completed....so they opted to pin it on an American irresponsibly exercising his first ammendmen right..

Sure...that is a way to get the rest of the world to like our way of life.

Smart move.

Where does she blame the film producer?

But let’s remember what has transpired over the last several days. This is a response to a hateful and offensive video that was widely disseminated throughout the Arab and Muslim world. Obviously, our view is that there is absolutely no excuse for violence and that-- what has happened is condemnable, but this is a-- a spontaneous reaction to a video, and it’s not dissimilar but, perhaps, on a slightly larger scale than what we have seen in the past with The Satanic Verses with the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

September 16: Benjamin Netanyahu, Susan Rice, Keith Ellison, Peter King, Bob Woodward, Jeffrey Goldberg, Andrea Mitchell - Meet the Press - Transcripts | NBC News

Or are you saying that the protest in all those ME countries was not the response to the video!

Furthermore doesn't the President go to the UN a few days later and say that he will defend the 1st Amendment rights even for offensive material such as that video?

your debate style is disingenuous

Can you provide a quote or something that will back up the claim that she denied that it was al Queda? Was she ever asked "Was this the work of al Queda?" How about the term extremist? You do believe that al Queda is an extremist group right? Did she ever not qualify her statments by saying we will wait until the investigation is complete?

If she wanted to wait until the investigation was complete...then why didnt she wait until the investigation was complete? Why did she offer an explanation that did not have evidence to support it if she were waiting for the investigation to be complete?

No one asked her if Humpty Dumpty did it either...why would they if she never mentioned that Humpty Dumpty was a possibility?

Is Humpty Dumpty an extremist?

And yet the effects both are the same.

Not even close to the same. Nixon was heading for a bipartisan impeachment because the investigation uncovered massive corruption and illegal activity. Get back to me when the President resigns over the controversy of who changed the wording of the unclassified meda talking points and when they changed them......

Obama did not tell the truth over Benghazi. Why do people not tell the truth? Because the truth is what they are hiding, just as did Nixon. Watergate played out over a whole election cycle, the MSM would not let it go. As they should not let this go. People died and Obama obviously lied. Your key words are "the investigation" yet the left wants this to drop. Maybe an investigation will just reveal that Obama and company are incompetent, which is what i think, more then criminal. But the actions of this administration lead to the deaths of 4 Americans, they deserve an investigation if nothing else.

It's true they did not divulge the information the CIA deemed classified. The investigation in to the security flaws continue. That's what really matters, not this superficial fight over the wording of the unclassified media talking points.

...that with all of these elite Ivy Leaguers running the country and receiving warnings and pleas from those eventually killed, the best immediate "explanation" they can come up with is a You Tube Video.

which happened to be the ONLY explanation that did not have actual evidence to support it.

LOL...they didnt want to pin an explanation on anything until the investigation was completed....so they opted to pin it on an American irresponsibly exercising his first ammendmen right..

Smart move.

But let’s remember what has transpired over the last several days. This is a response to a hateful and offensive video that was widely disseminated throughout the Arab and Muslim world. Obviously, our view is that there is absolutely no excuse for violence and that-- what has happened is condemnable, but this is a-- a spontaneous reaction to a video, and it’s not dissimilar but, perhaps, on a slightly larger scale than what we have seen in the past with The Satanic Verses with the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

September 16: Benjamin Netanyahu, Susan Rice, Keith Ellison, Peter King, Bob Woodward, Jeffrey Goldberg, Andrea Mitchell - Meet the Press - Transcripts | NBC News

Or are you saying that the protest in all those ME countries was not the response to the video!

Furthermore doesn't the President go to the UN a few days later and say that he will defend the 1st Amendment rights even for offensive material such as that video?

You are not proving you point. If this was, and it was, an organized attack then what did it have to do with USA 1st amendment rights? Absolutely nothing.

Now that we know that the attacks were organized, I mean now we all know, what makes you think that the rest of the protests were not coordinated? Especially considering they pretty much lasted one day and there was protest in Australia. What does Australia have to do with a video made in the US?

Smart move.

Id say that is blaming the video...and if you are blaming the video, you are blaming the producer of the video...and if you continue to use such immature debating tactics that are designed to confuse, I will discontinue the conversation with you.

Not even close to the same. Nixon was heading for a bipartisan impeachment because the investigation uncovered massive corruption and illegal activity. Get back to me when the President resigns over the controversy of who changed the wording of the unclassified meda talking points and when they changed them......

Obama did not tell the truth over Benghazi. Why do people not tell the truth? Because the truth is what they are hiding, just as did Nixon. Watergate played out over a whole election cycle, the MSM would not let it go. As they should not let this go. People died and Obama obviously lied. Your key words are "the investigation" yet the left wants this to drop. Maybe an investigation will just reveal that Obama and company are incompetent, which is what i think, more then criminal. But the actions of this administration lead to the deaths of 4 Americans, they deserve an investigation if nothing else.

It's true they did not divulge the information the CIA deemed classified. The investigation in to the security flaws continue. That's what really matters, not this superficial fight over the wording of the unclassified media talking points.

Take no offense but I know since Clinton the truth is a relative thing. But don't you think that intentionally misleading the American people is just plain wrong? Do you think that when the POTUS comes out and points to a video and more or less tells Muslims they should be upset that is wrong? There are lot of offensive things said everyday about Islam. If the Muslims protested at everyone the protest would never end. This was a coordinated attack and I believe the riots were coordinated also, that is why they all occurred at the same time.

Romney really blew it by not laying into the lying bastard....

That's where he lost the election. Candy Crowley lied in the second debate for her lord, and Romney got gun shy. He needed to tear Obama a new one in the third debate, he knew then that Crowley had lied - she even admitted she lied. Romney treading lightly was a fatal mistake.

Romney really blew it by not laying into the lying bastard....

That's where he lost the election. Candy Crowley lied in the second debate for her lord, and Romney got gun shy. He needed to tear Obama a new one in the third debate, he knew then that Crowley had lied - she even admitted she lied. Romney treading lightly was a fatal mistake.

I don't know if it would have made a difference but your are right Romney acted more presidential then did Obama and it may have cost him although I think the elections are rigged, along with NFL officiating.

Rice trotted out and said exactly what the administration told her to say.

She protected her cushy job at the expense of the truth.

lets pretend you are a moron.....oh we don't have to.

Irony lives.

Look based on the info at the time according to the CIA and this Admin. The info at the time lead them to believe it was cause by the video.

So pussball, by lying for your lord and savior, do you rack up perqs in heaven? Will your little tin god announce "Enter paradise thou good and faithful liar?"

{King said Petraeus' testimony differed from an earlier assessment the former CIA director gave lawmakers just days after the September 11 attack, which left four Americans dead, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens.

"He (Petraeus) ... stated that he thought all along he made it clear that there was significant terrorist involvement, and that is not my recollection of what he told us on September 14," King said.}

Ex-CIA chief Petraeus testifies Benghazi attack was al Qaeda-linked terrorism - CNN.com

Fascinating how the alleged mind of a fuckwad Obamabot works...

Also at the time they stated that they where unsure and where waiting for more facts to come in, after they did an investigation.

{

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — President Barack Obama is condemning an anti-Muslim film and the violence in the Middle East that has followed its release, saying there is "no speech that justifies mindless violence."

Obama says in a speech Tuesday before the U.N. General Assembly that "there are no words that excuse the killing of innocent" and "no video that justifies an attack on an embassy."}

Obama condemns violence tied to anti-Muslim film - Yahoo! News

I'm curious, from your perspective as a lying fuckwad, should the record of news reports and facts be expunged? Perhaps providing prison sentences for those who dare point up the actual events that transpired?

now i know this shit doesn't jive with you people, because it takes away any conspiracy you retards may have thought up.

Your lies don't "jive"(sic) with the facts - but you serve your lord and savior - you don't care about anything as silly as integrity.

You wish this was a scandal, you wish the american people cared ( the only people who do listen to fox and rightwing radio for the most part) You wish this was another 9-11, you wish this would take down obama because you lost.

From your perspective as a lying fuckwad, has it dawned on you that this was an Al Qaeda attack, on 9/11?

Of course not, you have no independent thought.

Smart move.

You are not proving you point. If this was, and it was, an organized attack then what did it have to do with USA 1st amendment rights? Absolutely nothing.

Now that we know that the attacks were organized, I mean now we all know, what makes you think that the rest of the protests were not coordinated? Especially considering they pretty much lasted one day and there was protest in Australia. What does Australia have to do with a video made in the US?

The point is they did not "opted to pin it on an American irresponsibly exercising his first ammendmen right"

The protest over the video lasted much longer than one day. It was Muslims in Australia protesting.

Smart move.

Id say that is blaming the video...and if you are blaming the video, you are blaming the producer of the video...and if you continue to use such immature debating tactics that are designed to confuse, I will discontinue the conversation with you.

Are you seriously denying that that was the reality of the situation across the ME? Simply saying the Satanic Verses or the Cartoons (or this particular video) caused riots is simply stating facts. Notice she condemned the violence and not the first Amendment. If your cognitive dissonance causes confusion then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your position.

No.....this is what a child says when it is caught doing something wrong.

"I didn't really mean to lie about it!!!!"

What everyone is ignoring is Obama lied several times later after he already knew the truth........so this doesn't even pass as plausible deniability.

So many people look at fuckwads like del or Pussball and think "they just don't realize that their little god lied to them." This is a mistake. A mindless pile of shit like Pussball doesn't think Obama lied to him but that Obama lied to you, just as he would lie to you - and it makes him happy. Lying is clever and kewl, it just shows how smart Obama is, that he can lie through his teeth to your face. In the "us vs. them" world of Rdean, Truthmatters, Jakematters, Jillian, et al; Obama openly lying isn't a problem - it's brilliant; it's "winning."

You got to realize that these are people with literally ZERO integrity.

The point is they did not "opted to pin it on an American irresponsibly exercising his first ammendmen right"

The protest over the video lasted much longer than one day. It was Muslims in Australia protesting.

Actually, there was not protest over the video at all in Benghazi - as you already know.

{"In the course of the meeting, we explained that the talking points provided by the intelligence community, and the initial assessment upon which they were based, were incorrect in a key respect: there was no protest or demonstration in Benghazi," Rice said. }

Rice: 'No protest' in Benghazi - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

The issue here is one of integrity; you , like the rest of the left - are utterly devoid of integrity.

A free society depends on the honor and integrity of the people; but when I look to the left, I see those like you - who haven't a hint of honor, who seek to "win" by any means. You don't even consider not lying, "facts" have no special interest to you - anything that promotes the party, true or false is irrelevant to you and the rest of the left.

Our society is doomed, we cannot survive when sociopaths are the majority.

That is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.

and

And on this we must agree: There is no speech that justifies mindless violence. There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents. There’s no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There’s no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/w...eneral-assembly-text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The point of me bring up Austrilia is what do they have to do with a video made in the USA?

As you cans see in the speech to the UN Obama clearly blames the video.

Forum List

Back