Rice: We didn't intend to mislead on Benghazi

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Rice: We didn't intend to mislead on Benghazi - POLITICO.com

"Neither I nor anyone else in the administration intended to mislead the American people at any stage in this process, and the administration updated Congress and the American people as our assessments evolved," Rice said.

Seems to me that a plain reading of what she is saying is that the DID mislead the country just like the right has been saying.

"Neither I nor anyone else in the administration intended to mislead the American people at any stage in this process, and the administration updated Congress and the American people as our assessments evolved," Rice said.

Seems to me that a plain reading of what she is saying is that the DID mislead the country just like the right has been saying.

if they did not intend to mislead the American people..and they truly wanted to wait for "all of the information"...then why did she say it was "in fact" something...wiothout having all of the information?

No, that's a twisted reading. The right said they intentionally misled the public and Rice was saying in a diplomatic way "it was all in their head".

No, that's a twisted reading. The right said they intentionally misled the public and Rice was saying in a diplomatic way "it was all in their head".

DID NOT MEAN TO MISLEAD.......CAN NOT MEAN ANYTHING OTHER THEN THEY DID. It is just a matter of whom set them up.

through facts, they were presented one scenario..

Through assumption, they believed another.

Why did they opt to go with the "assumption" when addressing the American People?

if they did not intend to mislead the American people..and they truly wanted to wait for "all of the information"...then why did she say it was "in fact" something...wiothout having all of the information?

No it is much better what they did. They incited riots over a video that no one watched. Obama went in front of the world and mislead the world it is exactly what Rice said.

No it is much better what they did. They incited riots over a video that no one watched. Obama went in front of the world and mislead the world it is exactly what Rice said.

riots were taking place well before Benghazi......an American woman can fart and there will be riots in the mid east.

I think misleading the public was exactly the intent, for political purposes. Obama spent a lot of time talking about his foreign policy successes, getting OBL and diminishing Al Qaida's role. The Benghazi attack was a repudiation of that, and so they tried to spin it as a demonstration over a video that got out of hand rather than the terrorist attack with links to Al Qaida that it really was. I think they believed correctly that the mainstream media would downplay the whole thing and they could get away with it. Which the compliant media did, with the exception of Fox News.

Was is a dumb move? Yeah, but I haven't been impressed with the wisdom and judgement of this president and his administration for a long time.

through facts, they were presented one scenario..

Through assumption, they believed another.

Why did they opt to go with the "assumption" when addressing the American People?

At the time, it was politically expedient in an election atmosphere. Then, H. Sandy hit, and they were hoping after the election the whole thing would go away. But, that was stupid thinking, as Rice was mentioned as a possible next Sec. of State, and so it is still with them idiots.

She's wrong of course because, collectively, there's nothing in their head(s).

I think misleading the public was exactly the intent, for political purposes. Obama spent a lot of time talking about his foreign policy successes, getting OBL and diminishing Al Qaida's role. The Benghazi attack was a repudiation of that, and so they tried to spin it as a demonstration over a video that got out of hand rather than the terrorist attack with links to Al Qaida that it really was. I think they believed correctly that the mainstream media would downplay the whole thing and they could get away with it. Which the compliant media did, with the exception of Fox News.

Was is a dumb move? Yeah, but I haven't been impressed with the wisdom and judgement of this president and his administration for a long time.

I bleive you are correct....I have believed that since this whole thing started.

I understand political expediency....

But to blame an American exercising his right to free speech for the deaths of 4 americans...all for political expediency...is more than just poor judgenment. It is an insult to the position of President.

DID NOT MEAN TO MISLEAD.......CAN NOT MEAN ANYTHING OTHER THEN THEY DID. It is just a matter of whom set them up.

She was saying they misled themselves. Plain as day, if you don't have ideological blinders on.

what part of intended baffles you?

Lets assume she did not have all the facts. Obama DID as did Biden and those above her. Obama said for 2 weeks the attack was because of the film. We know for a fact he was told the first day it was NOT because of the film and was a preplanned Terrorist attack.

The Administration DID lie for 2 weeks. Rice may not have known but the Administration KNEW. Her claim they did not mislead is a lie and she knows it now. So I suspect she knew all along.

And that would work, if not for Petraeus and Clapper. Yes, Clapper. He got the info he 'changed' after the WH.

Put in a proper context, wisdom and judgement, ONLY in a self-serving sense! To hell with the truth to the public.

Love the country.
Don't trust the Gov't..

what part of intended baffles you?

Lets assume she did not have all the facts. Obama DID as did Biden and those above her. Obama said for 2 weeks the attack was because of the film. We know for a fact he was told the first day it was NOT because of the film and was a preplanned Terrorist attack.

The Administration DID lie for 2 weeks. Rice may not have known but the Administration KNEW. Her claim they did not mislead is a lie and she knows it now. So I suspect she knew all along.

suspect in one hand and shit in the other

see which one fills up first

Forum List

Back