Rice tells Cain to stop playing the race card

Dr. Rice is wrong.

Mr. Cain has not played the race card.

nigga, please
Totally. I think Liarbility must have bumped his head or had a stroke.

Whatever the affliction is, it's contagious, because Jarhead has a bad case of it too.

They're now making up NEW definitions of what playing the race card is, only to exclude the manners in which Cain has played it.

Amazing how easily fooled someone can be.

Hey...go for it. It makes you look a bit silly...but hey...so do many of the things you say.

I am a black male, I can relate because American media does its best to make white America scared of black males. You can best believe that if I applied for a job t mostly white company and my name was Jamal Muhammad, Malik Jones or some similar ethnic sounding name I most likely wouldn't get hired and why is that? Same with Obama and his name and the idiots on the right know this and tried to exploit it.

Sure...there were plenty of people on the right who played on Obama's name.

I mean...lets be real...racism still exists out there. No one is denying that.

And you most certainly are correct about how ones name polays a role when determining who gets an interview....sad but reality.

But as Jew, I also deal with sterotypes and name profiling.....do I accept it? No. Have I learned to deal with it? To a certain degree. DO I assume one is name profiling me becuase he disagrees with my ideology? Nope.

However, I sympathize with you. My "plight" is not nearly as evident and disruptive as yours.

But hey...I am not the bad guy here. Dont automatically assume I am.

I don't assume or pretend that I have it worse than anyone else, I'm just saying that in that video where Obama talks about people saying he has a funny sounding name he wasn't playing the race card, he was speaking reality. despite he still became president, I can't say the same for millions of black men with "ethnic" sounding names, they still get rejected routinely.

It's used by everyone.

Cain has made it into an art form.

Did you wake up yesterday please shut the fuck up...

like Cain is taking it to a higher level....

Rice comes across much more patient and measured where as Cain speaks with more passion which causes a lot more love and hate, mistakes and great points.

Cain hasn't played the race card until the past few weeks.... I don't know what the deal is with sexual harrasment I'm going to wait until it all comes out and that will be a telling factor in how shall I say sinister his use of the race card is.

He play the race card when Jon Stewart made fun of him and it had nothing to do what race, so yes, he plays that card, but badly from the bottom of the deck.

lol I didn't see that

It's funny to me though because I saw Jon Stewart telling a joke/ doing an impersonation and his facial expressions and voice was so over the top I was like wow, that could be seen as racist wonder if anybody else noticed.

I still don't think he's doing anything new though. I have seen a lot of people play the race card in ridiculous situations day to day so it just sort of goes in one year and out the other. Like trying to come into a workplace after it's closed and saying the only reason someone won't open the door is because they are black... I know it's not a politician but I don't pay attention when politicians play it because it's old and most of us see through it

Most people see when Cain does it, so what does it accomplish by somehow making into he does it worse if only for vindication, or accusations of hypocrisy.

Even on here, all people are doing are positioning things and playing issues like they themselves will have any influence on the election or how other people vote.

Cain has played the race card, has he upped the ante, no... not in my opinion

I am a black male, I can relate because American media does its best to make white America scared of black males. You can best believe that if I applied for a job t mostly white company and my name was Jamal Muhammad, Malik Jones or some similar ethnic sounding name I most likely wouldn't get hired and why is that? Same with Obama and his name and the idiots on the right know this and tried to exploit it.

And you most certainly are correct about how ones name polays a role when determining who gets an interview....sad but reality.

But as Jew, I also deal with sterotypes and name profiling.....do I accept it? No. Have I learned to deal with it? To a certain degree. DO I assume one is name profiling me becuase he disagrees with my ideology? Nope.

However, I sympathize with you. My "plight" is not nearly as evident and disruptive as yours.

I don't assume or pretend that I have it worse than anyone else, I'm just saying that in that video where Obama talks about people saying he has a funny sounding name he wasn't playing the race card, he was speaking reality. despite he still became president, I can't say the same for millions of black men with "ethnic" sounding names, they still get rejected routinely.

they most certainly do get rejected at a higher rate than those with non ethnic sounding names.
But what he said was that the opposition will use such rhetoiric....not that some racists will.

THAT was inappropriate.

Got news for you.....progressive racists ALSO frown on his skin color and his name....so it is not the opposition...it is all racists.

I'm not up to speed on the race-related vernacular as used today. For example, I know that "race baiting" has a completely different meaning now than when it was coined and I'm not sure what qualifies these days.

When Obama said that he didn't know the facts of the case with Henry Gates and the Cambridge cop but that even without knowing the facts it was a given that the Cambridge cop acted stupidly, was that an example of "playing the race card"?

What is the right terminology for that kind of stupid race-related disrespect shown by the President toward the people of this nation and especially the police department of Cambridge? That he didn't even need to learn the facts before he could jump in and make a decision which appeared to be based on nothing more than race.

What would the right name be for this slap in the face from our president?

Last edited:

they most certainly do get rejected at a higher rate than those with non ethnic sounding names.
But what he said was that the opposition will use such rhetoiric....not that some racists will.

THAT was inappropriate.

Got news for you.....progressive racists ALSO frown on his skin color and his name....so it is not the opposition...it is all racists.

They did use his name, he predicted it and called it dead on.

I'm not up to speed on the race-related vernacular as used today. For example, I know that "race baiting" has a completely different meaning now than when it was coined and I'm not sure what qualifies these days.

When Obama said that he didn't know the facts of the case with Henry Gates and the Cambridge cop but that even without knowing the facts it was a given that the Cambridge cop acted stupidly, was that an example of "playing the race card"?

What is the right terminology for that kind of stupid race-related disrespect shown by the President toward the people of this nation and especially the police department of Cambridge? That he didn't even need to learn the facts before he could jump in and make a decision which appeared to be based on nothing more than race.

What would the right name be for this slap in the face from our president?

I, too, am not up to speed on the appropriate terminology.
But now that you borught it up, I would like to ask a question that I have asked several times on this board but my friends on the left never answer it...

Wouldnt it have been more appropriate for the president to say the police acted stupidly if...

The neighbor calls the police as he saw someone climbing in his neighbors window.
The police show up and a man dressed nicely answers the door.
They explain why they are there and he says "just a mistake, this is my house, I lost my keys"
The police beleive him and dont ask for ID and leave.
And all the while, the true owner of the house is tied to chair getting pistol whipped by an accomplice while the man that answered the door ransacks the house stealing everything of value.

I mean....correct me if I am wrong....but wouldnt that have been more "stupid" of the police?

THAT was inappropriate.

They did use his name, he predicted it and called it dead on.

A few did...sure...like that racist asshole that announced McCain at some McCain ralley....

Who said "and by the way, did I mention he is black?"

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Herman Cain should not be playing the race card in an interview aired after the former pizza executive said he is being attacked by liberals for his race but not by conservatives.

We all know it that libs are more racists as conservatives, therefore the statement of Rice could be flushed down the toilet.

The phrase the "race card" was pulled out of the ass of some right wing bigot to shame any claim of racism as false.

Name ONE claim of racism that this phrase is not used on?

They cant because conservative racism doesn't exist to them. To them The only racist are dems. Even Ann Coulters "our blacks are better" comment was defended. Obama the magic Negro was defended. Watermelon patches in the White House was deflected and defended.

Denying racism exists is the NEW racism.

The phrase the "race card" was pulled out of the ass of some right wing bigot to shame any claim of racism as false.

They cant because conservative racism doesn't exist to them. To them The only racist are dems. Even Ann Coulters "our blacks are better" comment was defended. Obama the magic Negro was defended. Watermelon patches in the White House was deflected and defended.

And how was Obama the magic Negro defended? Just curious.

Stop generalizing anybody can see Ann Coulter is an idiot.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Herman Cain should not be playing the race card in an interview aired after the former pizza executive said he is being attacked by liberals for his race but not by conservatives.

We all know it that libs are more racists as conservatives, therefore the statement of Rice could be flushed down the toilet.

Never heard of the southern strategy eh?

The only folks I know who deny racism exists are the partisans of the left when they practice it.

The only folks I know who deny racism exists are the partisans of the left when they practice it.
...And it's impulsive. Ingrained. I'll bet they don't realize they're doing it.

Rush played a song Obama the magic Negro that was sung by someone that sounded like a slave. Despite that, repubs went on to defend Rush by saying "the magic Negro" was the title of a NYTimes article. True, but no one can explain why the singer used that off the plantation sounding dialect.

To this day, I have yet to see ONE repub say that's wrong. Not One. So repubs NEVER see racism from their side. Never and the question has been asked several times in this thread. The lack of response or examples is proof.

...And it's impulsive. Ingrained. I'll bet they don't realize they're doing it.
Too true. The most glaring is their treatment of those who go "off plantation".

'Here, let me think for you since, poor you, you cannot do so. I know what's best for you.'

Rush played a song Obama the magic Negro that was sung by someone that sounded like a slave. Despite that, repubs went on to defend Rush by saying "the magic Negro" was the title of a NYTimes article. True, but no one can explain why the singer used that off the plantation sounding dialect.

To this day, I have yet to see ONE repub say that's wrong. Not One. So repubs NEVER see racism from their side. Never and the question has been asked several times in this thread. The lack of response or examples is proof.

Wasn't NYTimes.

p.s., sorry you don't understand when your side is parodied.

Forum List

Back