Rice tells Cain to stop playing the race card

And how was Obama the magic Negro defended? Just curious.

Rush played a song Obama the magic Negro that was sung by someone that sounded like a slave. Despite that, repubs went on to defend Rush by saying "the magic Negro" was the title of a NYTimes article. True, but no one can explain why the singer used that off the plantation sounding dialect.

To this day, I have yet to see ONE repub say that's wrong. Not One. So repubs NEVER see racism from their side. Never and the question has been asked several times in this thread. The lack of response or examples is proof.

Wasn't NYTimes.

p.s., sorry you don't understand when the vagaries of your side are parodied.
Al Sharpton is "off of the plantation"?

That's what the left thinks?

Good grief.

The only folks I know who deny racism exists are the partisans of the left when they practice it.
...And it's impulsive. Ingrained. I'll bet they don't realize they're doing it.
Too true. The most glaring is their treatment of those who go "off plantation".

'Here, let me think for you since, poor you, you cannot do so. I know what's best for you.'
Albiet they'll never state the latter openly, the intent is clear. And personally? I'd take it as a giant insult as a liberty-loving individual.

Perfect examples above.

Btw, saying blacks are on or off "the plantation" is code speak. Blacks know what you are saying. Anyone who votes dem are slaves. No one would say Jews are in the oven or out of it. Nooooo that would be offensive, but calling blacks brainwashed slaves is super cool. Suuuure.

@ Amelia...I know it's a parody song. Beer that was you defending that song in a subtle way. See how it's done. Still doesn't explain why the singer sounded like a slave tho.

Perfect examples above.

Btw, saying blacks are on or off "the plantation" is code speak. Blacks know what you are saying. Anyone who votes dem are slaves. No one would say Jews are in the oven or out of it. Nooooo that would be offensive, but calling blacks brainwashed slaves is super cool. Suuuure.

@ Amelia...I know it's a parody song. Beer that was you defending that song in a subtle way. See how it's done. Still doesn't explain why the singer sounded like a slave tho.

...And it's impulsive. Ingrained. I'll bet they don't realize they're doing it.
Too true. The most glaring is their treatment of those who go "off plantation".

'Here, let me think for you since, poor you, you cannot do so. I know what's best for you.'
Albiet they'll never state the latter openly, the intent is clear. And personally? I'd take it as a giant insult as a liberty-loving individual.
I would too. And I do whenever some big-gov bleeding heart lib thinks I need special legislation.

Fuck that!

Just make sure the field is level. I can do fine on my own.

Perfect examples above.

Dear, I know you're not all that sharp, but I quoted YOUR words (thus the quotation marks) where you said the voice soounded like someone was "off of the plantation".

The voice was clearly an impersonation of Al Sharpton.

But, obviously to you, all Blacks sound the same - like they are "off of the plantation", as you said he sounded.

Now, the irony of your post is damn funny. :lmao:

Perfect examples above.

Dear, I know you're not all that sharp, but I quoted YOUR words (thus the quotation marks) where you said the voice soounded like someone was "off of the plantation".

But, obviously to you, all Blacks sound the same - like they are "off of the plantation", as you said he sounded.

I'm black dumbass

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Herman Cain should not be playing the race card in an interview aired after the former pizza executive said he is being attacked by liberals for his race but not by conservatives.

"I actually am someone who-- doesn't believe in playing the race card on either side. I've seen it played, by the way, on the other side quite a lot too. And it's not good for the country," Rice told CBS' Norah O'Donnell in an interview that aired on CBS' "The Early Show" on Wednesday.

Asked on Tuesday if race had anything to do with the allegation of sexual harassment more than a decade ago, Cain told Fox News analyst Charles Krauthammer "I believe the answer is yes, but we do not have any evidence to support it."

Condoleezza Rice to Cain: Don't play the race card - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

uhm, where does she tell him to stop playing the race card?:eusa_eh:

Perfect examples above.

I'm black dumbass

so's salt jones...and?

Perfect examples above.

I'm black dumbass

well, in that case you must be "brainwashed".

anyhoo, you can not be right.

therefore you are a moron. and most probably a liar.

isn't emotionless logic a cool thing to behold.

Perfect examples above.

I'm black dumbass
And all blacks sound like they are "off of the plantation" to you.

That's even better.

:lmao:

Perfect examples above.

I'm black dumbass

Nevertheless, please explain why you consider doing an impression of Sharpton to be using "off the plantation sounding dialect".

Seriously.

Last edited:
The only way the race card can be put to rest so that we can get to issues is if it is Obama vs. Cain in the Presidential Election.

ClosedCaption, is it your position that it is fair to parody white political figures but wrong to parody black political figures?

Are you okay with Fred Armisen's impression of Obama?

The phrase the "race card" was pulled out of the ass of some right wing bigot to shame any claim of racism as false.

Name ONE claim of racism that this phrase is not used on?

They cant because conservative racism doesn't exist to them. To them The only racist are dems. Even Ann Coulters "our blacks are better" comment was defended. Obama the magic Negro was defended. Watermelon patches in the White House was deflected and defended.

Denying racism exists is the NEW racism.

I told you and then you defend it by doing this.

Nevertheless, please explain why you consider doing an impression of Sharpton to be using "off the plantation sounding dialect".

Seriously.

Again, Repubs still cant name one instance in which they saw racism from a Republican. Its been what? 5 pages? Can any of you name one?

The only way the race card can be put to rest so that we can get to issues is if it is Obama vs. Cain in the Presidential Election.

no way.

that is naive wishful thinking.

it will create even more opportunities to play the race card and for racists to hide in between.

see what happened with obama.

he is not post-racial.

he is post-race-riotal.

for post-racial you need another 50 years at least.

They cant because conservative racism doesn't exist to them. To them The only racist are dems. Even Ann Coulters "our blacks are better" comment was defended. Obama the magic Negro was defended. Watermelon patches in the White House was deflected and defended.

Seriously.

Again, Repubs still cant name one instance in which they saw racism from a Republican. Its been what? 5 pages? Can any of you name one?

I can name several, what, is your point, exactly?

has the right here ever agreed with any claim of racism that was leveled at a republican?

never ever ever

Again I say, never ever EVER. The fact that not one person has or can answer speaks volumes

i saw some. but they were immediately followed by turfing the racist off to the left side.

example:

david duke

usarmyretired

but in the case of usarmyretired i saw many posters calling him out without this caveat.

Seriously.

Asking you to explain something is an inappropriate defense?

Sharpton is a prominent public figure. But you seem to consider doing impressions of him to be racist.

I want to know why, and to know where you draw the line. Who is fair game for impressions?

I consider this a fair question. Sorry that you don't seem to.

Forum List

Back