Review: The MockingJay....save your money. (No Spoilers in review)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
1) - Dialog overload. It is a movie of people talking.
2) - Nothing happened. No really...people talked, they hid and talked while hiding.
3) - The entire plot of the movie, with video could easily and accurately be summed up in about 10 minutes of video. And I promise you, you would not miss a single thing.

Out of 5 stars... **
And that is generous.
Wait for it on Netflix. And get ready to hit the >> button.

At least in the first two movies stuff happened. There was some cool CGI scenes and an actual plot.
In this film...it must have cost them a whole $1000 to make it.
I can't believe that while all of this bombing and fighting that was going on "above" (being careful not to spoil) - we saw NONE of it. None. Just people hiding below while playing flashlight with a cat. (Seriously this actually happened)
It was an absolute disaster.

I read the first 2 books and it seemed to me the author hit on gold with the first book....but really had no idea how to follow up and extend the series.....some good ideas but nowhere to go with it....

I read the first 2 books and it seemed to me the author hit on gold with the first book....but really had no idea how to follow up and extend the series.....some good ideas but nowhere to go with it....

You might be right.
Reminds me of the Divergent series. First book - excellent. Second book...still pretty good. Third...not so much. Clearly trying to cash in on the name.
That is what this movie is. Period.
They threw something together to sell tickets. Unbelievable how lame it was.

The first movie sucked so hard I was missing money after the show...

Think the reason this and other movie-series are sucking so bad is they're not 'whole movies' they're chapters. So unless you enjoy reading a book only partially through then waiting a year or so for the next installment, avoid these movies. LoTR, Hunger Games, Golden Compass are all chapter-movies, not complete, nor intended to be complete.

Maybe if people understood this going in and didn't then expect a whole movie they'd be better received.

Think the reason this and other movie-series are sucking so bad is they're not 'whole movies' they're chapters. So unless you enjoy reading a book only partially through then waiting a year or so for the next installment, avoid these movies. LoTR, Hunger Games, Golden Compass are all chapter-movies, not complete, nor intended to be complete.

Maybe if people understood this going in and didn't then expect a whole movie they'd be better received.

I disagree. LoTR were all very entertaining in and of themselves. Same with Star Wars etc.
The first two movies in this series, while not great, were both good and you left the theatre not feeling ripped off. I honestly believe they made this movie as cheap as possible, using the name to sell tickets in order to save/finance the final movie. It is the only thing that makes sense. It was that lame.

I disagree. LoTR were all very entertaining in and of themselves. Same with Star Wars etc.
The first two movies in this series, while not great, were both good and you left the theatre not feeling ripped off. I honestly believe they made this movie as cheap as possible, using the name to sell tickets in order to save/finance the final movie. It is the only thing that makes sense. It was that lame.

If that's what they did, then the last one better deliver.

No better as a movie reviewer than a religious blogger.

The movie was adequate, not as good as the first two, but enjoyable anyway.

A son of mine who is a movie critic recognizes the weaknesses but was startled at how much the story line still grabbed him.

Forum List

Back