Retail sales hit a record high

Oh so the statistics that refute your claim are "phony" but the statistics YOU gin up are "genuine"

Dude you are being played so hard.

But whatever - you believe whatever you want to.

Oh so the statistics that refute your claim are "phony" but the statistics YOU gin up are "genuine"

Dude you are being played so hard.

But whatever - you believe whatever you want to.

I certainly believe what I experience over what obama tells me! I didn't quote any statistics, but actual prices and how you are being "played".

That democrats can't admit the facts of what we all experience and know to be true is somewhat astounding,

The biggest increases have been in milk, cereal and ground beef is up again.

Last month consumers paid $4.99 a pound for ground beef and on Thursday we found it at $5.29 a pound.

Something else that continues to break the bank is bacon. The name brand we bought was $6.99.

Corn Flakes cereal remained steady this month at $4.45 a box, but keep in mind that box went up 20 cents last month.

That box of cereal just doesn't have as much cereal in the box as it used to either.

:lol:

Just wait until you see the magical rebound in construction (after the tornadoes leave).

I don't know. According Republican Eric Cantor, he doesn't want to help disaster victims in the US because it costs too much. Doesn't that fit right in with the Republicans policy of "Let him die"?

More bad news for Republicans.

What will they run on?

Anticontraception!

Obama's record... $16,000,000,000,000 debt, $1,500,000,000,000 deficits, inflation, markets still off from 2004 levels, $5 gas, crumbling US $, housing markets still off, 30,000,000+ unemployed, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, bailouts, eroding stature abroad....

And thats just for starters...

Yes, those folks who have a political interest in bad news - will lie up one side and down the other to try to spin good news into bad.

Even when bipartisan organizations produce the "news" - the hyper-zealots jump into oberdrive trying to convince the faithful that black is white and up is down. I don't blame them necessarily for doing that - it's their job.
I just pity the folks who don't have the tools to keep from getting sucked into it.

There won't be any construction. obama denied federal assistance for Texas when it was hit with devastating fires. He denied aid for tornado victims in Southern Illinois.

Either these areas aren't democrat enough or black enough. The money is going to Kenya.

Kenya Sees Spike in Obama Administration-Funded Projects - U.S. Trade & Aid Monitor

They at least removed the reference to Kenya being the home nation of the presidebt so we can all continue to pretend it isn't.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Stock futures rose on growing evidence of resilient spending by consumers and investors expect more of the same later Monday in a government report on businesses.

Dow Jones industrial average futures jumped 82 points to 12,870 on the retail report and Standard & Poor's 500 index futures rose 7.8 points to 1,372.8. Nasdaq composite futures rose 15 points to 2,708.5.

Retail sales rose 0.8 percent in March, signaling that not even skyrocketing gas prices could put a damper on the mood of the American consumer.

Retail sales hit a record high of $411.1 billion, 24 percent higher than the recession low hit in March 2009.

The Associated Press: US futures up on strong retail sales report

I'd almost bet money these are preliminary non-inflation adjusted figures.
And I haven't even read the report.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Stock futures rose on growing evidence of resilient spending by consumers and investors expect more of the same later Monday in a government report on businesses.

Dow Jones industrial average futures jumped 82 points to 12,870 on the retail report and Standard & Poor's 500 index futures rose 7.8 points to 1,372.8. Nasdaq composite futures rose 15 points to 2,708.5.

Retail sales rose 0.8 percent in March, signaling that not even skyrocketing gas prices could put a damper on the mood of the American consumer.

Retail sales hit a record high of $411.1 billion, 24 percent higher than the recession low hit in March 2009.

I'd almost bet money these are preliminary non-inflation adjusted figures.
And I haven't even read the report.

Sales are up but not as many customers coming through the door.

I wonder how that could be..................:lol:

The stock market has doubled since the stimulus.
4 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up. Unemployment is down.
GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.
Obama has done a very good job.

please link to the supporting evidence for each of those points that proves an obama policy had a direct effect on the noted outcome.

we'll wait.

Are you delusional or just stupid??

Where I live the fucking strip malls are bare - meaning only 25% of the store fronts are occupied by businesses...

The only stores that are open and managed to survive this fucked up economy are chain-stores and chain-restaurants (Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sears, Chili's, TGIF, Starbucks etc)...

There are FEW small businesses around here.

The mini-malls around here look like ghost towns...

My position is that every ordinary person goes to the store and knows what the prices are and how much they have gone up.

If anything, food processors are keeping prices lower than what they would rise by shrinking the packages. Paying more for less.

U.S. Companies Shrink Packages as Food Prices Rise - DailyFinance

Democrats rely on stupid ignorant people. If they tell the public that there is no inflation, no matter what they experience, they will believe what they are told.

So having bailed on the "inflation was at 0.8% in March" position, NOW you're switching to a "damn the numbers, I know what I know" approach and you call people who call for some evidence to support wild claims as "the ignorant ones."

Which seems to confirm the opposite of what you are trying to claim.
I'm not saying a "deny the facts - go with your gut" campaign won't work - I'm just saying that I'm not buying in - sorry.

You can't deny the facts! Not with all the government phony stastistics they can dream up. This is where the government as pimp to whore says "Who are ya gonna believe, me or your own lying eyes?"

Food prices increase most in 36 years - CBS News

Food prices will continue to rise in 2012, says USDA - latimes.com

I would have thought it impossilbe that people could pay these prices and then deny they are paying them because the democrats said so. PT Barnum had it wrong. It's not that a sucker is born every minute. It's a democrat born every minute.

When you see these statistics they are phonied up! The goods used to figure the Consumer Price Index are not fixed (they used to be but they aren't now). They are chosen to deliberately lower the statistic.

Why The Consumer Price Index Is Controversial

Over the years, the methodology used to calculate the CPI has also undergone numerous revisions. According to the BLS, the changes removed biases that caused the CPI to overstate the inflation rate. The new methodology takes into account changes in the quality of goods and substitution. Substitution, the change in purchases by consumers in response to price changes, changes the relative weighting of the goods in the basket. The overall result tends to be a lower CPI. However, critics view the methodological changes and the switch from a COGI to a COLI focus as a purposeful manipulation that allows the U.S. government to report a lower CPI.

John Williams, a U.S. economist, described his view of this manipulation when he was interviewed in early 2006. Williams prefers a CPI, or inflation measure, calculated using the original methodology based on a basket of goods having quantities and qualities fixed.

David Ranson, another U.S. economist, also questions the official CPI's viability as an indicator of inflation. Unlike Williams, Ranson doesn't espouse the viewpoint that the CPI is being manipulated. Instead, his view is that the CPI is a lagging indicator of inflation and is not a good indicator of current inflation.

Read more: Why The Consumer Price Index Is Controversial

When you go to the store and see how much the prices have gone up do you really think that the government says prices haven't gone up so they must have stayed the same?

Even if you desperately want prices to not go up, they have.

Grocery Price Check | Ground beef, bacon both rise | WCNC.com Charlotte

The biggest increases have been in milk, cereal and ground beef is up again.

Last month consumers paid $4.99 a pound for ground beef and on Thursday we found it at $5.29 a pound.

Something else that continues to break the bank is bacon. The name brand we bought was $6.99.

Corn Flakes cereal remained steady this month at $4.45 a box, but keep in mind that box went up 20 cents last month.

That box of cereal just doesn't have as much cereal in the box as it used to either.

Exactly as I thought. Thanks.

If sales were so booming then strip malls would be completely occupied..

When I'm driving it is just depressing seeing all these retail spaces NOT occupied.

I'll pull into a strip-mall that has a Best Buy or whatever and notice that the entire parking lot is empty except for the parking spaces in front of Best Buy... The rest of the strip-mall looks like a ghost town.

Hell, I was joking with my mom the other day telling her it is almost cheaper to rent and live in a retail space than it is to rent an apartment.

I can rent 2,500 square feet of retail space for $1,200 a month.

Forum List

Back