Response: Katrina vs Haiti Quake

But what was REALLY brilliant was his ability to keep all those people right there in the Big Easy until he could blow the levees!

Actually, what was REALLY brilliant is the WICKED ass guitar solo Bush played to help ROCK Katrina victims through their bad times.

408bush_guitar_neworleans.jpg

Seems the best way to keep from letting on your an incompetent moron during a disaster is to do NOTHING.

Thankyou for confirming to all of the other board members here that you are in fact an ignorant 12 year old brat with Adobe Photoshop on your computer.

Notice how this incompetent debater attempts to counter my factual statements with a personal attack.

ROTFLMAO - you actually think the following qualifies as a "factual statement" ? Really? Seriously?

"The ENTIRE disaster could have been mitigated had these 2 inept fucking morons acted. There would have been ZERO DEATHS." PatekPhilippe

Really?

Sorry Patek, if you think Katrina could have rolled through NOLA and the north shore with ZERO deaths just because 2 people "act" - then you're an idiot. If you further consider your ridiculous claim to be a "factual statement" rather than just your idiotic opinion, then you are not only an idiot, but brain dead.

Once again your ignorance is displayed for all to see.

You see kid...it's like this. You have different levels of government and they are supposed to be prepared for just about any disaster that should befall their city or state...whatever.

When the city mayor orders the city to be evacuated...he just acted. You got that skippy? One person just set the wheels in motion and the MANY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR HIM BEGIN EVACUATING THE CITY AS PER THE CITIY'S DISASTER PREPAREDNESS PLAN. If he doesn't act in a timely manner the STATE GOVERNOR WHO IS HIS BOSS steps in and ACTS!!! You see the picture forming now kid?

Now...once you get into junior high and take a Civics course or 2...you will understand what the adults are discussing here.

How about ya' wait until the dust settles and all the people who need help get it before everyone starts patting themselves on the back?

So true!

A promise is just a promise.

And a promise from a politician isn't worth the breath it took to speak it.

By the way, how much of our tax dollars (that the government doesn't have) did he promise anyway?

I don't have a problem with sending aid, monetary or otherwise, but where is this aid going to come from?

Immie

aid for nine million people is a big commitment. but hey! we take care of 12 million illegals what's a few more. we of course borrow more money from China,, til we collapse,, then we say "who is going to help us?" and the world shouts back "nobody."

Ah, poor little rich me. There were nations from all over the world that lined up to help after Katrina. Bush rejected most of the help.

Foreign governments line up to help after Katrina - Democratic Underground

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than 20 countries, from allies Germany and Japan to prickly Venezuela and poor Honduras, have offered to help the United States cope with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Accustomed to being a rich donor rather than on the receiving end of charity, the United States initially seemed reticent about accepting foreign aid, but later said it would take up any offers. The hurricane devastated New Orleans and other parts of the U.S. Gulf Coast, killing hundreds and possibly thousands.

"Anything that can be of help to alleviate the tragic situation of the area affected by Hurricane Katrina will be accepted," said U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack.

The United Nations offered to help coordinate international relief efforts for the United States.

"The sheer size of this emergency makes it possible that we can supplement the American response with supplies from other countries, or with experience we have gained in other relief operations," U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in a statement.

Earlier, President George W. Bush said in a television interview that the United States could take care of itself.

So true!

A promise is just a promise.

And a promise from a politician isn't worth the breath it took to speak it.

By the way, how much of our tax dollars (that the government doesn't have) did he promise anyway?

I don't have a problem with sending aid, monetary or otherwise, but where is this aid going to come from?

Immie

aid for nine million people is a big commitment. but hey! we take care of 12 million illegals what's a few more. we of course borrow more money from China,, til we collapse,, then we say "who is going to help us?" and the world shouts back "nobody."

Ah, poor little rich me. There were nations from all over the world that lined up to help after Katrina. Bush rejected most of the help.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than 20 countries, from allies Germany and Japan to prickly Venezuela and poor Honduras, have offered to help the United States cope with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Accustomed to being a rich donor rather than on the receiving end of charity, the United States initially seemed reticent about accepting foreign aid, but later said it would take up any offers. The hurricane devastated New Orleans and other parts of the U.S. Gulf Coast, killing hundreds and possibly thousands.

"Anything that can be of help to alleviate the tragic situation of the area affected by Hurricane Katrina will be accepted," said U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack.

The United Nations offered to help coordinate international relief efforts for the United States.

"The sheer size of this emergency makes it possible that we can supplement the American response with supplies from other countries, or with experience we have gained in other relief operations," U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in a statement.

Earlier, President George W. Bush said in a television interview that the United States could take care of itself.

Too funny...first you use the DUh as a legitimate source and then you make up an out and out LIE!!!!

Show us where it says Bush REJECTED most of the aid.

Too funny...first you use the DUh as a legitimate source and then you make up an out and out LIE!!!!

Show us where it says Bush REJECTED most of the aid.

Uncle Al told him to say that.

First I want to say that I belive it is pathetic that we are here arguing about the responses of two presidents and two natural disasters.. I have been in an earthquake and it is a very scary thing.. People here in Seattle live with that fear everyday..

But..

There is no comparison.. Bush was playing his guitar when Katrina rolled in at a birthday party in California.. And Condoleezza Rice was spotted doing some shoe shopping in New York just days after Katrina hit.. Katrina was an event we had warning for.. We all watched on Television roll in over the last 2 or 3 weeks.. There is no excuse for the lack of response for Katrina.. We should have mobilized everything in the weeks before it came ashore.. We had a hospital ship stationed in the gulf.. We should have actually used it.. We should have had a fleet of helicoptors on standby to pluck people off their houses.. We should have tons and tons of food and water ready and waiting for the day after the storm.. We should have had the military on standby as well to move in and resptore order and help with rescue. None of this was done.. Although I do believe the hospital ship was used after the state complained about not using it.. I could be wrong..

We had no advanced warning for the earthquake.. And yet, less than 24 hours, aid is already streaming into Haiti from the U.S.

I am sorry, but I am going to call it like it is.. Katrina and the lack of response to it will forever be a black mark on the republican party.. I can only imagine the response or lack there of if Bush was still in office..

Last edited:
First I want to say that I belive it is pathetic that we are here arguing about the responses of two presidents and two natural disasters.. I have been in an earthquake and it is a very scary thing.. People here in Seattle live with that fear everyday..

But..

There is no comparison.. Bush was playing his guitar when Katrina rolled in at a birthday party in California.. And Condoleezza Rice was spotted doing some shoe shopping in New York just days after Katrina hit.. Katrina was an event we had warning for.. We all watched on Television roll in over the last 2 or 3 weeks.. There is no excuse for the lack of response for Katrina.. We should have mobilized everything in the weeks before it came ashore.. We had a hospital ship stationed in the gulf.. We should have actually used it.. We should have had a fleet of helicoptors on standby to pluck people off their houses.. We should have tons and tons of food and water ready and waiting for the day after the storm.. We should have had the military on standby as well to move in and resptore order and help with rescue. None of this was done.. Although I do believe the hospital ship was used after the state complained about not using it.. I could be wrong..

We had no advanced warning for the earthquake.. And yet, less than 24 hours, aid is already streaming into Haiti from the U.S.

I am sorry, but I am going to call it like it is.. Katrina and the lack of response to it will forever be a black mark on the republican party.. I can only imagine the response or lack there of if Bush was still in office..

Another one blinded by partisan tomfoolery. You know goddam good and well it was up to Nagin and Blanco to enact their disaster plan but they FAILED...yet you blame Bush....you're pathetic. This is a stain on Louisianna's reputation....and their inept politicians. Come out of that majik myst your living in and open your eyes to reality.

But..

haha, how typical is that?! "First I want to say that I belive it is pathetic that we are here arguing about the responses of two presidents and two natural disasters.", then go on to do what is "pathetic"! :lol:
Fuckin' hypocrite!

But..

Another one blinded by partisan tomfoolery. You know goddam good and well it was up to Nagin and Blanco to enact their disaster plan but they FAILED...yet you blame Bush....you're pathetic. This is a stain on Louisianna's reputation....and their inept politicians. Come out of that majik myst your living in and open your eyes to reality.

Ummm.. Nagin and Blanco aren't taking the hits for it politically.. Bush is.. And a disaster of that magnitude.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that federal help would be needed..

But..

haha, how typical is that?! "First I want to say that I belive it is pathetic that we are here arguing about the responses of two presidents and two natural disasters.", then go on to do what is "pathetic"! :lol:
Fuckin' hypocrite!

Hmmm... Did you not see the 'But' in my post.. I am also quite certian that someone as dumb as you has said something about something and done it anyways.. It is called the fun of the forums.. Now the real question is?? Did you understand my points or are you to busy making yourself look like an ass??

But..

Fuckin' hypocrite!

Hmmm... Did you not see the 'But' in my post.. I am also quite certian that someone as dumb as you has said something about something and done it anyways.. It is called the fun of the forums.. Now the real question is?? Did you understand my points or are you to busy making yourself look like an ass??

Jackass, including the "but" is what makes you a hypocrite, and you're the hypocrite, not me, unless you can show me as such.
No, I don't care to comment on your "points" because it is sick to politicize this, at this time.

Fuckin' hypocrite!

Jackass, including the "but" is what makes you a hypocrite, and you're the hypocrite, not me, unless you can show me as such.
No, I don't care to comment on your "points" because it is sick to politicize this, at this time.

Oh??? Which you have done in an earlier post in this thread.. Hmmm... Sorry.. Can't help it.. Hypocrite!!

sure..I'm making a political issue out of it. Why not?

Only a fool would not notice the competency and response of the US government and walk away without thinking of the disasterous response during Katrina.

He gave a speech.....WOW...he's really doing something!!!!!

This afternoon he's gonna be working on his health care plan.....
FOXNews.com - Obama to Urge Dems to Yield on Key Health Issues

I see no proof he's hot on this Haiti thing....do you?

Oh??? Which you have done in an earlier post in this thread.. Hmmm... Sorry.. Can't help it.. Hypocrite!!

Where did I say anything hypocritical "earlier in this thread"?

But..

Fuckin' hypocrite!

Blamo!!

See what you don't realize, is that I am fully aware of the hypocrisy of my post.. Hence the 'But' that you ignored.. But you calling me out like a little child like you did was an attempt to gain politicak points by making me look bad.. The 'But' was there so there was nothing to say.. I knew what I was doing and chose to do it anyways.. You pointing it out was retarded and hypicritical in it's own right..

Of course I know you aren't going to understand this.. But when someone makes it obviouse that they are against doing something and then does it anyways.. There is no need to call them out.. As I said.. You make yourself look like a fool..

Last edited:
Under President Obamals Leadership...Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Gates, have cancelled plans and are getting into place to monitor their respective Depts' repsonse to the devastating Quake in Haiti.

Thank gawd for the Haitians that a Democratic led Admin is in office.

Gawd, only knows what the response would've been under a GOP led Admin..

Think Katrina.

Bush would still be arguing the diplomatic roles and who is responsible for what. He would wait until the Haitian government formally asked for help.

But..

Ummm.. Nagin and Blanco aren't taking the hits for it politically.. Bush is.. And a disaster of that magnitude.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that federal help would be needed..

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...so that excuses their complete failure to their citizens and partial responsibility for the deaths of 1200 Americans???????!!!:eek:

Check in to the lunatic asylum immediately. You're NUTS!!!!!:cuckoo:

sure..I'm making a political issue out of it. Why not?

Only a fool would not notice the competency and response of the US government and walk away without thinking of the disasterous response during Katrina.

Only a fool would think that the GOP would have learned nothing from public perceptions of inadequacy regarding the Bush administration's response to a natural disaster.

See what you don't realize, is that I am fully aware of the hypocrisy of my post.... I knew what I was doing and chose to do it anyways....

Of course I know you aren't going to understand this.. But when someone makes it obviouse that they are against doing something and then does it anyways..

Like I said...you're a fricken psycho!!! Look at this rambling gibberish!!!!! This is the post of an immature little girl who just got a time out from mommy for not cleaning up her Barbie dolls!!!!!:lol:

How about ya' wait until the dust settles and all the people who need help get it before everyone starts patting themselves on the back?
Learn to slow down when you see my posts. Think, then type.

I said response. The results in Haiti will be troubled if only because Haiti is Haiti. Yet funny thing...that didn't stop the Obama admin from acting swifty.

swifty!

Sucks when you have to see a real life comparison before your very eyes...minus the FOX/GOP Spin Machine.

*angry

I read your post just fine. You're are just another asshat trying to use this disaster as a platform to take pot shots at your political opposition. You could give a fuck about all the people that died. All you care about here is making your side look good and the other bad. It's sick.

YOur so right.

Katrina was a disaster and the Feds were slow to assist but a lot of the blame lies with the idiots who put those folks in the Dome and the idiot who was Gov at the time. The locals did nothing to aid their own people. Can't blame the Feds for the whole thing.

I'm glad the Prez responded so quickly to Haiti. I think he learned, as we all did, a valuable lesson in politics from Katrina.

Forum List

Back