Response: Katrina vs Haiti Quake

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Under President Obamals Leadership...Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Gates, have cancelled plans and are getting into place to monitor their respective Depts' repsonse to the devastating Quake in Haiti.

Thank gawd for the Haitians that a Democratic led Admin is in office.

Gawd, only knows what the response would've been under a GOP led Admin..

Think Katrina.

Isn't it ironic that in both cases, the victims of the natural disaster were creole-speaking blacks?

Under President Obamals Leadership...Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Gates, have cancelled plans and are getting into place to monitor their respective Depts' repsonse to the devastating Quake in Haiti.

Think Katrina.

Or if the quake had hit New Orleans....

sure..I'm making a political issue out of it. Why not?

Only a fool would not notice the competency and response of the US government and walk away without thinking of the disasterous response during Katrina.

How about ya' wait until the dust settles and all the people who need help get it before everyone starts patting themselves on the back?

Isn't it ironic that in both cases, the victims of the natural disaster were creole-speaking blacks?

Maybe God is white after all?

Haiti is the Palestine of the Western Hemisphere. Watch for the gangs and the riots.

I know a few people that were either over there or will be over there. I hope they survive.

How about ya' wait until the dust settles and all the people who need help get it before everyone starts patting themselves on the back?

So true!

A promise is just a promise.

And a promise from a politician isn't worth the breath it took to speak it.

By the way, how much of our tax dollars (that the government doesn't have) did he promise anyway?

I don't have a problem with sending aid, monetary or otherwise, but where is this aid going to come from?

Immie

this is so fucking stupid

to politicize this disaster like this, especially at this stage

wtf is wrong you? as if the mayor and governor of LA had absolutely no role or duty....

i'm not getting even getting into this crap

the earthquake is a disaster

Learn to slow down when you see my posts. Think, then type.

I said response. The results in Haiti will be troubled if only because Haiti is Haiti. Yet funny thing...that didn't stop the Obama admin from acting swifty.

swifty!

Sucks when you have to see a real life comparison before your very eyes...minus the FOX/GOP Spin Machine.

*angry

So true!

By the way, how much of our tax dollars (that the government doesn't have) did he promise anyway?

I don't have a problem with sending aid, monetary or otherwise, but where is this aid going to come from?

Immie

aid for nine million people is a big commitment. but hey! we take care of 12 million illegals what's a few more. we of course borrow more money from China,, til we collapse,, then we say "who is going to help us?" and the world shouts back "nobody."

So true!

Immie
The response. Remember, the Bush/Cheney Admin was so slow in responding even FOX NEWS people on the ground in New Orleans were angry at the GOP incompetency and seemingly lack of care and compassion.

Haiti is a corrupt and broken place...butwe are talking about helping our fellow man in time of great tragedy.

So true!

Immie

aid for nine million people is a big commitment. but hey! we take care of 12 million illegals what's a few more. we of course borrow more money from China,, til we collapse,, then we say "who is going to help us?" and the world shouts back "nobody."

But humanitarian aid is something we should jump at the opportunity to give.

I'm sure that my church will be taking a door offering on Sunday for the Haitian people. We have a mission church that we support their already. And I'm sure, that my church's contribution will only be a drop in the bucket as to what is needed.

I'm just not sure that I am comfortable with the aid coming from our empty coffers or worse yet, promising to send something and then not sending anything at all.

Immie

Learn to slow down when you see my posts. Think, then type.

I said response. The results in Haiti will be troubled if only because Haiti is Haiti. Yet funny thing...that didn't stop the Obama admin from acting swifty.

swifty!

Sucks when you have to see a real life comparison before your very eyes...minus the FOX/GOP Spin Machine.

*angry

I read your post just fine. You're are just another asshat trying to use this disaster as a platform to take pot shots at your political opposition. You could give a fuck about all the people that died. All you care about here is making your side look good and the other bad. It's sick.

So true!

Immie
The response. Remember, the Bush/Cheney Admin was so slow in responding even FOX NEWS people on the ground in New Orleans were angry at the GOP incompetency and seemingly lack of care and compassion.

Haiti is a corrupt and broken place...butwe are talking about helping our fellow man in time of great tragedy.

I don't remember the "Bush/Cheney" response. I was so sick of the admin by then that I had literally given up caring.

Hopefully, I clarified what I was saying in my last post.

I have no problem with sending aid. I do have a problem with promising to send aid and then doing nothing. I also have a problem with promising to send aid and then billing our great great grandchildren for the aid.

Immie

So true!

Immie

But humanitarian aid is something we should jump at the opportunity to give.

I'm sure that my church will be taking a door offering on Sunday for the Haitian people. We have a mission church that we support their already. And I'm sure, that my church's contribution will only be a drop in the bucket as to what is needed.

I'm just not sure that I am comfortable with the aid coming from our empty coffers or worse yet, promising to send something and then not sending anything at all.

Immie

you are absolutely right, we must send the aid, I'm just telling you we are going to have to borrow it,, 1/2 of every dollar we spend is borrowed from China..

Think Katrina.

Well, Mrs. Clinton wasn't really didn't have much on her plate these days anyway. We've pretty much got a grip on the terror thing...we've kissed and made up with everybody else...so there's not much else to do. She's probably glad it happened so she'd have something interesting to do.

this is so fucking stupid
No. It is you Yurt, who are stupid.

to politicize this disaster like this, especially at this stage

wtf is wrong you? as if the mayor and governor of LA had absolutely no role or duty....
Your response (just like the Bush/Cheney response) is political. Of course the state and local governments made errors, but the OP (that be me) specifically mentioned the response of the Presidential Team representing each party.

Rather have a Dem in office come tragey. Too bad a Dem wasn't iin during 911.

Think competency.

i'm not getting even getting into this crap

the earthquake is a disaster
And Katrina was a disatser as was the response from a self professed Compassionate Conservative who promised to be a Uniter and not a Divider.

Last edited:

Think Katrina.

Or if the quake had hit New Orleans....
'

We would be paying $4 for gas again real quick.

So true!

Immie

Another Pathetic Compassionate Conservative Speaks Up.

clap, clap, clap...

Forum List

Back