Response: Katrina vs Haiti Quake

So what's being reported this morning on MSNBC is that all the help has rushed to Haiti and are at the ready,, but just like Katrina,, they are having difficulty actually reaching the victims.. time passes.. :eusa_whistle:

sure..I'm making a political issue out of it. Why not?

Only a fool would not notice the competency and response of the US government and walk away without thinking of the disasterous response during Katrina.

Because most people would wait until something is actually done before patting themselves on the back for it.

Kind of like how most people would wait until this whole situation was cleared up before trying to play weak ass "gotcha" politics but that didn't stop you from jumping to the defense of your own side in the GITMO thread. Piss off, douchebag.

yess,, can you say Katrina?? douche?

How about ya' wait until the dust settles and all the people who need help get it before everyone starts patting themselves on the back?

What Article said.

The ships only started to reach Port Au Prince and I want to hear where this aid's going and how it's working before we start making any political football out of it... unless of course, you want to note that Harry Reid referred to most of these people, and Obama, as "negroes." That's fair game now...

I wonder who is working on how to get these people to the US in time for the elections in November?

Ohh Look Article 15 NOW you are a rightwing nut, When did you join us?

A few hours ago. I'm still waiting for my secret decoder ring to arrive in the mail.
you have to get a tattoo.

Haaa, I already addressed this. I apologized and stated the A15 is not a right wingnut, but is a Progressive Prick.

I am correct that like the wingnut A15 is playing with,...facts matter little. The facts are Bush failed to respond adequately during Katrina and I corrected myself earlier.

go figure

Under President Obamals Leadership...Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Gates, have cancelled plans and are getting into place to monitor their respective Depts' repsonse to the devastating Quake in Haiti.

Thank gawd for the Haitians that a Democratic led Admin is in office.

Gawd, only knows what the response would've been under a GOP led Admin..

Think Katrina.

Gawd, only knows what the response would've been under a GOP led Admin..

Believe me, we know.

So what's being reported this morning on MSNBC is that all the help has rushed to Haiti and are at the ready,, but just like Katrina,, they are having difficulty actually reaching the victims.. time passes.. :eusa_whistle:

That was the excuse of the Bush administration. There were no earthquakes in New Orleans. All the news reporters were there in New Orleans and they couldn't figure out why the administration was saying that the roads were blocked.

The truth is the GOP didn't give a rat's *ss about those people.

One of their leaders, Rush, has made it clear, he feels pretty much the same about these people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well of course lets over look Bush and his response to the Christmas day tsunami and jump straight to Katrina, which was the major fault of the Louisiana government..

I do believe the American people who donated their time and monies to Katrina which was how many years ago, are getting sick and tired of having this thrown in their face everytime someone wants make a political stab at Bush..

Would be nice if Obammy had given this much attention to the terrorist attack of 12/25 instead of golfing.

Last edited:

That was the excuse of the Bush administration. There were no earthquakes in New Orleans. All the news reporters were there in New Orleans and they couldn't figure out why the administration was saying that the roads were blocked.

Apparantly neither did Nagan or the Gov of LA. Spread the blame baby.

Under President Obamals Leadership...Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Gates, have cancelled plans and are getting into place to monitor their respective Depts' repsonse to the devastating Quake in Haiti.

Thank gawd ...that a Democratic led Admin is in office.

Gawd, ...under a GOP led Admin..

Think Katrina.

It would have been exactly the same as the 2 incidents, Hurricane Katrina and the devastating earthquake in Haiti, are NOT COMPARABLE in any way, shape or form.
In response time and effort I compared them...and so did you. You know W admin failed to respond adequately.

First, with Katrina there was a MONUMENTAL FAILURE OF LEADERSHIP at the mayoral and State Governor level. The ENTIRE disaster could have been mitigated had these 2 inept fucking morons acted. There would have been ZERO DEATHS. Bush's response AFTER THE FAILURE OF THE 2 INEPT BOOBS was to rely on an incompetent FEMA director and as President he was held accountable.
Again, the Federal guv under GOP leadership FAILED in it's response.

COMPASSIONATE CONSERVATISM FAILED AMERICANS IN NEED!

Second, the earthquake that happened in Haiti was a MASSIVE SUDDEN EVENT. There wasn't 4 days of warning signs so the Haitian government could evacuate millions of people who are now helpless and homeless.
GOP: Response and competency failure.

I'm thankful that I live in a country were we have the means to help out other nations in distress. It has always been like that here in America. Our Presidents aren't suppose to govern at the MAYORAL LEVEL AND STATE GOVERNOR LEVEL. They are suppose to govern at the FEDERAL LEVEL and ma.....ut poorer countries just like we always have.

The problem is w......ims. Grow up!
lousy speech

I am glad to live in a truly compassionate and competent America, under Barack Obama.

Last edited:
I am glad to live in a truly compassionate and competent America, under Barack Obama

WTF does this even mean? People magically became compassionate and "Competent" (???) on 1/20/2009?

Notice how this incompetent debater attempts to counter my factual statements with a personal attack.

ROTFLMAO - you actually think the following qualifies as a "factual statement" ? Really? Seriously?

"The ENTIRE disaster could have been mitigated had these 2 inept fucking morons acted. There would have been ZERO DEATHS." PatekPhilippe

Really?

Sorry Patek, if you think Katrina could have rolled through NOLA and the north shore with ZERO deaths just because 2 people "act" - then you're an idiot. If you further consider your ridiculous claim to be a "factual statement" rather than just your idiotic opinion, then you are not only an idiot, but brain dead.

Once again your ignorance is displayed for all to see.

You see kid...it's like this. You have different levels of government and they are supposed to be prepared for just about any disaster that should befall their city or state...whatever.

When the city mayor orders the city to be evacuated...he just acted. You got that skippy? One person just set the wheels in motion and the MANY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR HIM BEGIN EVACUATING THE CITY AS PER THE CITIY'S DISASTER PREPAREDNESS PLAN. If he doesn't act in a timely manner the STATE GOVERNOR WHO IS HIS BOSS steps in and ACTS!!! You see the picture forming now kid?

Now...once you get into junior high and take a Civics course or 2...you will understand what the adults are discussing here.

The Obama admin's response was swift and competent. Katrina?

You want to back the response and competency of the W admin?

go ahead. :lol:

One of their leaders, Rush, has made it clear, he feels pretty much the same about these people.

hey asswipe,, all the reporters are in Haiti too or haven't you noticed,, the roads are unpassable,, just like Katrina only for different reasons.. the truth is your are a shit stain just like Devnell. The truth is the Republicans held office from 201-2009 and over 5 Billion dollars in aid was sent to Haiti,, so go fuck yourself hard.

I am glad to live in a truly compassionate and competent America, under Barack Obama

and a 2 bit troll like you couldn't wipe my ass...even on your best day.

Now STFU and go play with yourself.
WTF does this even mean? People magically became compassionate and "Competent" (???) on 1/20/2009?

What it means is the the US Govwrnment under a Democratic President, responded swiftly.

Under a GOP President the USG failed miserably.

as far as the roads go.. The USCG did a fabulous job with choppers. They were on their own. The rest of the Fed guv was held back by Washington.

thank god for a Democratic President, Barack Obama...being in charge.

Forum List

Back