Resign, Mr. Speaker: Washington Times

Kathianne, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - you are a treasure.

This is absolutely damning. Once again, the Democrats snatch crushing defeat from the jaws of modest victory with their native, all-consuming treachery and conniving. Their true motives glow like radioactive waste. When are they going to quit tripping over their d*cks? ROFLMAO!
Thank you!

The Times is making a sweeping assumption, and so are you. The Republican leadership knew of some e-mails sent to a page and told him to stop. Simple as that. They did not know the contents of the e-mails, nor of the existence of the IMs.

So WHAT exatly is it you wish to hold them accountable for? Not immediately overreacting and branding a pink "F" on Foley's forehead?

The leadership should not resign to appease people who believe whatever the Hell they wish.

Right with one caveate, they knew the content of the emails, which were 'hinkey', but not enough to hang him on. The ims were, which came to light Friday.

Right with one caveate, they knew the content of the emails, which were 'hinkey', but not enough to hang him on. The ims were, which came to light Friday.

Hastert stated on the tube a couple of days ago he did NOT know the contents of the e-mails. I've no doubt someone did, but apparently it wasn't enough to get the usual "turn on their own in a heartbeat" Republicans riled up.

That in itself speaks volumes. In the past, they have been more than willing to hang one of their own out to dry at the slightest sign of controversy. SO why does anyone think they would have reacted differently to Foley IF they had known anything?

Hastert stated on the tube a couple of days ago he did NOT know the contents of the e-mails. I've no doubt someone did, but apparently it wasn't enough to get the usual "turn on their own in a heartbeat" Republicans riled up.

That in itself speaks volumes. In the past, they have been more than willing to hang one of their own out to dry at the slightest sign of controversy. SO why does anyone think they would have reacted differently to Foley IF they had known anything?
Well he was the one to ask Shimkus to get to Foley, both Hastert and Shimkus have said so. :dunno:

The Times is making a sweeping assumption, and so are you. The Republican leadership knew of some e-mails sent to a page and told him to stop. Simple as that. They did not know the contents of the e-mails, nor of the existence of the IMs.
I am not making a sweeping assumption that they failed to bother to ask to read all those e-mails and IMs, am I?

So WHAT exatly is it you wish to hold them accountable for? Not immediately overreacting
You got it bassackwards agin, one of your specialties.
I want to hold them accoutable for UNDERreacting.

Think you can remember that?

and branding a pink "F" on Foley's forehead?
If they were smart they would have done it months ago.

The leadership should not resign to appease people who believe whatever the Hell they wish.
They should damn well listen to the people.

But you're right, the final decision should be theirs:
they should resign out of acknowlegdement that
they know their own errors were so bad they need
to be replaced.

More of the damning. Screaming amount of links:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2006/10/the-bogus-blog-behind-foleys-fall.php

Radar Exclusive
The Bogus Blog Behind Foley's Fall
mark_foley.jpg
SPANKED Foley
ABCNews.com brought Mark Foley's boy-chasing to national attention, but it wasn't the first website to flog the story. That dubious honor belongs to StopSexPredators, a pseudo-vigilante blog filled with plagiarized, hastily-assembled posts, which no one seems to have heard of, visited, or linked to before last week—and whose operator has a suspiciously savvy grasp of the news cycle.

In other words, a blog whose sole raison d'etre seems to have been to get the Foley ball rolling.

If its time/date stamps are to be trusted (like most free blogware, Blogger allows its users to backdate posts), the pervert-outing anony-site was set up on July 28 as a "clearing house for the public to report sex predators and as a resource for concerned citizens."

One early post, headlined The Sickening Six, naming and shaming the "kinds of sick people who hunt minors for their own sick purposes," is basically an amalgam of plagiarized entries from Crimelibrary, Wikipedia, and Answers.com. (Click here, here, and here, for examples.)

After running just six posts over the summer, the site picked up steam on September 21 when its author wrote, "the blog has been noticed and some shocking emails have been received!!!!" and posted four emails purportedly from "interns" outraged by the heretofore unmentioned Foley and his penchant for teenage boys.

(Of course, if these emails are legit, it means the "interns" somehow stumbled upon the blog, despite the fact that it had not yet been linked to by any other sites, and was virtually indetectible to Google, which ranks sites according to the number of incoming links.)

One "intern" wrote:

"...I came to Washington because I care about the future of America. I wanted to be around good and decent men like President George Bush. Instead, I feel like a piece of meat. The worst part of it for me is there appear to be plenty of my fellow interns who don't mind Foley's particular 'path to power.'"​

Three days later, the blogger posted the now infamous "Emails from Congressman Foley to 16 Year Old Page!!!!", claiming they'd been sent in by a reader (despite the fact that they appeared to be scans of faxed printouts). Persons unknown then seeded the link to various political sites—including Wonkette, which initially dismissed them as fakes. ABC, of course, took them more seriously.

Whoever promoted the story on DailyKos did so only 12 minutes after the fateful post went live at 11:06 a.m.:

whitehouseinternnoe_freshin.jpg

Six minutes later, the same person, again writing under the handle WHinternNOW posted the following:
whinternnow_09.24.jpg

Back on Sept. 5, however, that very same WHinternNOW posted a suspiciously more informed-sounding take on the congressman:
whinternnow_09.05.jpg

Whoever is behind the blog hasn't responded to emails from Radar or any other outlets, and seems to have lost interest in the site.

"I'm thrilled that so many folks are looking at this simple blog...." the author wrote on October 2, the last day the site was updated. "If you have any ideas that I should post, please let me know. I'm happy to pass along information about the current situation, but would much prefer to keep marching toward the large goal or stopping sex predators. I don't think we'll see it in the Congress anytime soon, so let's focus our energy elsewhere."

What, leaving the party so soon? :thumbdown:

RELATED
• Horny Congressman's Hometown Squeeze
• Foley's Gay Agenda City's Worst Kept Secret
By Christopher Tennant 10/04/06 5:32 PM

I am not making a sweeping assumption that they failed to bother to ask to read all those e-mails and IMs, am I?

What's your point? It isn't their jobs to censor e-mails, and asking to read IMs they didn't know existed seems rather ludicrous, doesn't it? The Dems make hay about us spying on terrorists, but they WANT Republicans to spy on one another and censor their private conversations?

You got it bassackwards agin, one of your specialties.
I want to hold them accoutable for UNDERreacting.

Think you can remember that?

You going to start your smartass mouth yapping at my heels and proving what an idiot you are again?

There wa only an "underreaction" AFTER THE FACT. What part of THAT don't YOU get?

If they were smart they would have done it months ago.

Based on WHAT evidence? Some e-mails that even those who knew the contents thought might be out of line, but not illegal. And what part of being told to stop isn't acting on it months ago?

They should damn well listen to the people.

But you're right, the final decision should be theirs:
they should resign out of acknowlegdement that
they know their own errors were so bad they need
to be replaced.

Bullshit. The people will either vote or not vote for them next time they are up for reelection, and your thinking they should resign out of guilt for something they didn't do except in your mind is just bullshit.

Gunnyl said:
What's your point? It isn't their jobs to censor e-mails,
Sometimes it is. You can bet they will take the job
more seriously now.

Gunnyl said:
and asking to read IMs they didn't know existed seems rather ludicrous, doesn't it?
No, because if you know of one improper e-mail,
then you ask if there are more.

Gunnyl said:
The Dems make hay about us spying on terrorists,
Irrelevant.

Gunnyl said:
but they WANT Republicans to spy on one another and censor their private conversations?
Not spy, but if improper behavior occurs to take
some initiative, some LEADERSHIP.

For a sargeant you have a lot of problems with that
word "leadership", don't you?

Gunnyl said:
You going to start your smartass mouth
Yes.

Gunnyl said:
yapping at my heels and proving what an idiot you are again?
I'm not hurt.

Gunnyl said:
There wa only an "underreaction" AFTER THE FACT.
Well, yes, the Republican leadership knew something
was fishy (fact), and then did nothing about it (underreaction).

Maybe you got a few Watts juice after all.

Gunnyl said:
What part of THAT don't YOU get?
I don't miss much, and I ain't missing nothing here.

I'll get to the rest later. T-e-n Hut!

Perhaps nothing: if the Democrats or anybody else
are wrong then you do the right thing anyway, don't you?

But the homosexual lobby even infiltrated the American Psych Association, which has been telling us for years that there is no relationship between heomosexuality and pedophilia. Hassert shouldn't be blamed for believing their lies.

Sometimes it is. You can bet they will take the job
more seriously now.

No, because if you know of one improper e-mail,
then you ask if there are more.

Irrelevant.

Not spy, but if improper behavior occurs to take
some initiative, some LEADERSHIP.

For a sargeant you have a lot of problems with that
word "leadership", don't you?

Yes.

I'm not hurt.

Well, yes, the Republican leadership knew something
was fishy (fact), and then did nothing about it (underreaction).

Maybe you got a few Watts juice after all.

I don't miss much, and I ain't missing nothing here.

I'll get to the rest later. T-e-n Hut!

Foley is theoretically a grown man ans SHOULD be held responsible for his own actions----to blame Hastert is the typical liberal response. They just want to get as many birds with one stone as they can.

Because if you raise concern about a homosexual you will be set in the gun sights of the homosexual lobby, blasted and ridiculed for being a homophobe, idiot, Neanderthal, etc. Gays have to be treated special- or else. For years we’ve been told that it’s normal, natural, and unrelated to pedophilia- all lies. Now the democrats want to hang the republican leadership for believing their lies.

I find the Washington Times editorials to be persuasive.

The Republican leadership knew there was a problem,
they did nothing about it, and they should be held accountable
even if every Democrat in Congress is worse than Foley.
They failed to LEAD.

Foley might have done nothing illegal, but that does not matter.
What he did was wrong, and the leadership should should have
acted. No doubt Foley is not the only member who has chased
pages. The disgrace of resignation of the leadership, and the
appointment of a man of untarnished reputation such as Henry Hyde
might be a step in the right direction of ending improper sexual
relationships between members of Congress and their pages.

Well if that is correct then there are MANY democrats that need to go as well for not leading their party either. Henry Hyde is an honorable man, but if that does happen let's just be wary that when he may have been eating soup one day many years ago next to a black man in a restaurant, he didn't ask for more crackers............

Did anyone else see Hasterts conference just now?

He announced a 1-800 number for tips on how to overhaul the page program because it isn't up to date to deal with these newfangled instant messages... not a big confidence booster IMO.

Is it really too much to ask of our elected leaders to just not mess around with kids like this?

He announced a 1-800 number for tips on how to overhaul the page program because it isn't up to date to deal with these newfangled instant messages... not a big confidence booster IMO.

Is it really too much to ask of our elected leaders to just not mess around with kids like this?

Apparently it is---the 1-866 number is to report abuses.

What is the number? 1-866-bnt-over?

1-888-drp-trow?

1-800-suc-dick?

:rock:

I think it is to provide a place for poor unsuspecting pages to call if they are being sexually harassed. If they choose NOT to call this number then they haven't done the responsible thing to stop the haraassment.

Apparently it is---the 1-866 number is to report abuses.

You googled didn't you?

Thats a different number for tips on the case I believe, not a general abuse hotline. If there is such a thing its something I would consider sad, but constructive.

The one i'm talking about is from a speach he just gave maybe 15 minutes ago where hes asking for help to fix the page system. I didn't see it mentioned on any wires yet when I made the post, hence no link. Should be something up in 45 minutes though.

You googled didn't you?

Thats a different number for tips on the case I believe, not a general abuse hotline. If there is such a thing its something I would consider sad, but constructive.

The one i'm talking about is from a speach he just gave maybe 15 minutes ago where hes asking for help to fix the page system. I didn't see it mentioned on any wires yet when I made the post, hence no link. Should be something up in 45 minutes though.

no---I listened to the same speech you did. I guess the numbers' purpose was too vague for me but the purpose of giving it out was pretty obvious. Anyone who knows anything regarding this "issue" can call in there as opposed to sitting on it for a couple of years and then releasing it to the media in a "timely" fashion.

Is it really too much to ask of our elected leaders to just not mess around with kids like this?[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be!!! Then again if Foley worked in sanitation he would still be a pedaphile.

Another thing I liked was how Hastert said he was taking responsibility and then blamed it all on George Soros, ABC News, Dems in general, and even Bill Clinton... :wtf:

He needs to stop drinking whatever kool-aid the spindoctors are giving him.

Forum List

Back