Research: The intellectual differences between liberals and conservatives

Hopefully this isn't the point where you designate me as part of the "anti science" crowd. My point is only that there is clearly an agenda with the greenies... science, as I know it (I'm a simple CPA/Software Designer), should be free of people with agendas as it tends to taint any work done.

Anyway, my objection to this thread is the whole mentality of "we're smarter than you guys".

Oh no, I'm not designating you as anti-science. Far from it. I'm simply saying that you are denying the peer-review process as useful. When it clearly is.

I also object to the premise of this thread.

As a CPA, I am subject to peer review.

The entire point of peer-reviewed research is so that an outside, independent researcher can verify the validity of the data. They are not "like-minded".

Clearly you do not understand the importance of peer-reviewed studies or empirical data in general.
Clearly I do with manipulated DATA paid for by Government in order to effect Political agendas as to manipulate behaviours that these people were paid to do.

You like paying for lies? Obviously you do.

Idiot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc&feature=fvst]Hide the decline - satire on global warming alarmists - YouTube[/ame]

And that logic doesn't at all seem convenient, huh? Give me evidence that the Gov skews data, otherwise, there is no point in making the claim.

So, you think the unemployment rate is 8.6% and there is low inflation?

Hopefully this isn't the point where you designate me as part of the "anti science" crowd. My point is only that there is clearly an agenda with the greenies... science, as I know it (I'm a simple CPA/Software Designer), should be free of people with agendas as it tends to taint any work done.

Anyway, my objection to this thread is the whole mentality of "we're smarter than you guys".

Oh no, I'm not designating you as anti-science. Far from it. I'm simply saying that you are denying the peer-review process as useful. When it clearly is.

:eusa_shifty:

I see where you are getting at now. All of us scientists have a problem with people using science for political gain. It's disgusting and denigrating.

I was reading an interesting article that looked at the differences in brain structure between samples of people who identified themselves as liberal and people who identified as conserative. The study indicates that conservatives have larger amygdalas while liberals have larger anterior cingulate cortexes.

The amygdala is involved with memory and processing emotional reactions. This suggest that conservatives are more efficient at processing threats.

The anterior cingulate cortex is involved with several autonomic functions, such as regulating blood pressure and heart rate, as well as rational cognitive functions like reward anticipation, decision-making, empathy and emotion. This means that liberals may be more efficient at managing conflicting information

Current Biology - Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults

This study says that liberals, on average, have higher IQ's than conservatives:

Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent

I can't wait for all of the rants about the supposed "liberal indoctrination" in higher education as a response to this thread. :lol:

Perhaps this is why a measly 6% of scientists are Republican.
I challenge you to post once without mindlessly repeating a bullshit lie.

You can't do it.

I was reading an interesting article that looked at the differences in brain structure between samples of people who identified themselves as liberal and people who identified as conserative. The study indicates that conservatives have larger amygdalas while liberals have larger anterior cingulate cortexes.

The amygdala is involved with memory and processing emotional reactions. This suggest that conservatives are more efficient at processing threats.

The anterior cingulate cortex is involved with several autonomic functions, such as regulating blood pressure and heart rate, as well as rational cognitive functions like reward anticipation, decision-making, empathy and emotion. This means that liberals may be more efficient at managing conflicting information

Current Biology - Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults

I can't wait for all of the rants about the supposed "liberal indoctrination" in higher education as a response to this thread. :lol:

Unfortunately, as is evidenced by dumbshits like you and DaGoose, these findings are contradicted.

FAIL.

Even if they really are "dumbshits," they would be very small number sin the full statistic.

Unless you want to go out and do your own study, let it go.
Oh, so you think we should just let some idiot repeat this bullshit study without pointing out what crappy science it is?

I thought you were a smart guy. Why do you believe crap like that?

:eusa_shifty:

I see where you are getting at now. All of us scientists have a problem with people using science for political gain. It's disgusting and denigrating.

Thanks... that is all I meant. I certainly appreciate the fact that otherwise, at 51 years old... I'd have outlived life expectancy by 20 years!

The explanation is simple, free will is real, but only conservatives have it, liberals are programmed by the chemicals in their brains to believe things that have been thoroughly debunked.

Wow... little JUDGMENTAL there, windbag? Just sayin'
And the OP isn't?

Perhaps this is why a measly 6% of scientists are Republican.
I challenge you to post once without mindlessly repeating a bullshit lie.

You can't do it.
His partisanship precludes it...I'm shocked he didn't bring race into it.

Even if they really are "dumbshits." they would be very small number sin the full statistic.

Unless you want to go out and do your own study, let it go.

Why would I? The premise that Liberals are smarter than Conservatives or vice versa is idiotic.

I would say that the premise of any study that claims one group is more intelligent than another is idiotic. As a physicist I've met other scientists who are just so stupendously stupid I can only image their parents paid for their degree to be given to them upon finding out they can drool.
Then you answered my last post. Well done. :)

Why would I? The premise that Liberals are smarter than Conservatives or vice versa is idiotic.

I would say that the premise of any study that claims one group is more intelligent than another is idiotic. As a physicist I've met other scientists who are just so stupendously stupid I can only image their parents paid for their degree to be given to them upon finding out they can drool.

It isn't saying that all liberals are smarter than all conservatives. It is saying, on average, liberals have higher IQ's. You can't get more objective than IQ scores.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe, maybe not. The Wexler IQ test is valid my wife tells me as it has removed any item that has a culteral bias. However, IQ tests don't actually test intelligence. They test a range of things and intelligence is only one of them. The one thing that correlates very well with high IQ tests is education. The better your education the better you score on the test.

This "study" is harkening back to the old days of measuring skulls to see who would be smarter.

Bullshit "science" is bullshit.

LSE psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa claims black women are less attractive | Mail Online

You probably shouldn't let a racist do your thinking for you.

Read my signature, kid. It applies to you.

Your signature isn't at all compelling. Sorry.
Feeling your toes stepped on, huh?

You should.

Meanwhile, what do you think of Kanazawa now? Do you think he's a legitimate scientist, or a hack?

The entire point of peer-reviewed research is so that an outside, independent researcher can verify the validity of the data. They are not "like-minded".

Really now? I suggest you look up the Steig et all fiasco for an example of peer review gone amok. Corruption doesn't even come close to describing what went on with that.

Bullshit "science" is bullshit.

LSE psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa claims black women are less attractive | Mail Online

You probably shouldn't let a racist do your thinking for you.

Read my signature, kid. It applies to you.

Your signature isn't at all compelling. Sorry.
Feeling your toes stepped on, huh?

You should.

Meanwhile, what do you think of Kanazawa now? Do you think he's a legitimate scientist, or a hack?

I don't know his research. However, just because a scientist is studying differences in race, it doesn't mean he is a racist.

And then there's the "science" of AGW that these genius liberals so readily embrace.

:lol:
With the concensus of thier peers in stupidity to boot!:badgrin:

Clearly you do not understand the importance of peer-reviewed studies or empirical data in general.
On the contrary, we understand it perfectly. It's what allows us to say AGW is crap, because AGW scientists have not been honest with the data and have bastardized the peer-review process.

It isn't saying that all liberals are smarter than all conservatives. It is saying, on average, liberals have higher IQ's. You can't get more objective than IQ scores.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe, maybe not. The Wexler IQ test is valid my wife tells me as it has removed any item that has a culteral bias. However, IQ tests don't actually test intelligence. They test a range of things and intelligence is only one of them. The one thing that correlates very well with high IQ tests is education. The better your education the better you score on the test.

This "study" is harkening back to the old days of measuring skulls to see who would be smarter.

It must not be based on quantity of education. 3 years of college here, and I usually do pretty well. Above average, anyway. You mean quality vs. quantity, and you're referring to quality?

Really now? I suggest you look up the Steig et all fiasco for an example of peer review gone amok. Corruption doesn't even come close to describing what went on with that.

Stuff like that happens sometimes, and it is incredibly sad. It still is in an incredible minority of that which occurs in the peer-review process.

For most scientists the peer review process is done in such a way as this:
1. Research is done, results are submitted for peer review.

2. Peer commits to researching the same subject.

3. Peer comes to same conclusion separately and verifies the findings of the original.

4. The entire thing goes back to research to improve the accuracy of the conclusion until it is within an acceptable range of certainty.

5. Findings are published.

That's your basic peer-review process.

Does anyone know a credible site that lists the average American IQ? Is there such a study published? I've always read "90-100" is average. Yikes.

For reference Einsteins was 162. The average human is supposed to be 100 as a base. I think the national average was 110-120.

With the concensus of thier peers in stupidity to boot!:badgrin:

On the contrary, we understand it perfectly. It's what allows us to say AGW is crap, because AGW scientists have not been honest with the data and have bastardized the peer-review process.
It wasn't vetted...it was manufactured and purchased on our dime to manipulate US.

Does anyone know a credible site that lists the average American IQ? Is there such a study published? I've always read "90-100" is average. Yikes.

I'm too lazy to find you a link, but yes, that is the average range. It differs in some modalities, though.

Forum List

Back