Research: The intellectual differences between liberals and conservatives

Does anyone know a credible site that lists the average American IQ? Is there such a study published? I've always read "90-100" is average. Yikes.
The score of 100 is artificially set as the mean, and the standard deviation is set at 15.

Does anyone know a credible site that lists the average American IQ? Is there such a study published? I've always read "90-100" is average. Yikes.
The score of 100 is artificially set as the mean, and the standard deviation is set at 15.

Is that an AK-47? I'm coming to take it, because I want it for myse...(to keep our streets safe). ;)

It isn't saying that all liberals are smarter than all conservatives. It is saying, on average, liberals have higher IQ's. You can't get more objective than IQ scores.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe, maybe not. The Wexler IQ test is valid my wife tells me as it has removed any item that has a culteral bias. However, IQ tests don't actually test intelligence. They test a range of things and intelligence is only one of them. The one thing that correlates very well with high IQ tests is education. The better your education the better you score on the test.

This "study" is harkening back to the old days of measuring skulls to see who would be smarter.

It must not be based on quantity of education. 3 years of college here, and I usually do pretty well. Above average, anyway. You mean quality vs. quantity, and you're referring to quality?

Quality allways. A whole busload of crappy education is not very useful. One semester of very good education, at the right time, will change your life.

There is also the point that every technophile I have EVER known has been conservative. (Not necessarily republican)
I believe you mean "technophobe", you liberal genius. :lol:
Also if we don't work on things like the light rail now, the technology will never advance to the point where it would be better than the old shit it is replacing.

Imagine if they had never build the car because at first it was more trouble than a horse and far more costly?
Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than "the old shit".

That's just really dumb.

Not to mention, the car was undertaken by a private citizen who believed it could replace the horse and buggy... not because some starry-eyed liberal bureaucrat decided they no longer liked horse poop.
Indeed. Free market in action.

Is that an AK-47? I'm coming to take it, because I want it for myse...(to keep our streets safe). ;)
Yup, and I just bought a new one, still in the box. And trust me, my street is incredibly safe. :D

There is also the point that every technophile I have EVER known has been conservative. (Not necessarily republican)

Also if we don't work on things like the light rail now, the technology will never advance to the point where it would be better than the old shit it is replacing.

Imagine if they had never build the car because at first it was more trouble than a horse and far more costly?
Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than "the old shit".

That's just really dumb.
Too many people enjoy the liberty of getting to where they are going on thier own terms meaning they will never give up thier autos unless forced to...funny isn't it that with the O's policies with the pipeline, and moritorium on drilling...?

That just may happen...:eusa_whistle:
The automobile represents freedom to Americans. We're not going to give it up.

Oh no, I'm not designating you as anti-science. Far from it. I'm simply saying that you are denying the peer-review process as useful. When it clearly is.

I also object to the premise of this thread.

As a CPA, I am subject to peer review.

:eusa_shifty:

I see where you are getting at now. All of us scientists have a problem with people using science for political gain. It's disgusting and denigrating.
Good for you. It sullies facts. Gets in the way of what is.

I am glad to read this.

Kudos.

The entire point of peer-reviewed research is so that an outside, independent researcher can verify the validity of the data. They are not "like-minded".

Really now? I suggest you look up the Steig et all fiasco for an example of peer review gone amok. Corruption doesn't even come close to describing what went on with that.

Stuff like that happens sometimes, and it is incredibly sad. It still is in an incredible minority of that which occurs in the peer-review process.

For most scientists the peer review process is done in such a way as this:
1. Research is done, results are submitted for peer review.

2. Peer commits to researching the same subject.

3. Peer comes to same conclusion separately and verifies the findings of the original.

4. The entire thing goes back to research to improve the accuracy of the conclusion until it is within an acceptable range of certainty.

5. Findings are published.

That's your basic peer-review process.

Stuff like this is endemic within the climatology field. It has not invaded the other sciences to the same degree yet but it is happening. The social psychologist who was found to have faked all of his work going back over a decade, the physician who fabricated the study linking Thimerisol with autism etc. etc. etc.

As a CPA, I am subject to peer review.

:eusa_shifty:

I see where you are getting at now. All of us scientists have a problem with people using science for political gain. It's disgusting and denigrating.

I am glad to read this.

Kudos.

Just because the study is looking at political orientation, it doesn't mean they are biased. The second study may be biased, but I seriously doubt the first is.

That's just really dumb.
Too many people enjoy the liberty of getting to where they are going on thier own terms meaning they will never give up thier autos unless forced to...funny isn't it that with the O's policies with the pipeline, and moritorium on drilling...?

That just may happen...:eusa_whistle:
The automobile represents freedom to Americans. We're not going to give it up.
I can imagine Americans at some point if the O somehow gets his way, seeing backwoods refineries in the spirit of moonshiners of old and the revenooers going after them...:eusa_whistle:

That's just really dumb.

Yea, I'm distracted. Deal with it. Contrary to your current misconception this argument isn't the most important thing on my mind right now.
Oooh. Now you think you can read minds? Do you have a study to back that up? :lol:
I would also like to point out that "That's just really dumb" is less a refutation than the idiotic equivalent of having absolutely no argument to back up your claim.

Put up or shut up.
I did. Y'know, where I said "Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than 'the old shit'."

Light rail is useful in some circumstances, in some parts of the nation. But it's useless in most of the country, to most of the people, despite the lofty pronouncements of liberals.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind at all.... 51.

There is an almost 99.9999999% probability that you are alive only because of modern medicine. You are already alive 20 years beyond the average before the introduction of the scientific method and peer review process to the art of medicine.
What do the scientific method and peer review process have to do with AGW?

Hint: Not much.

I am glad to read this.

Kudos.

Just because the study is looking at political orientation, it doesn't mean they are biased. The second study may be biased, but I seriously doubt the first is.

By definition it is biased. For someone who proclaims themself a critical thinker you don't seem to do much of it.

That's just really dumb.

Yea, I'm distracted. Deal with it. Contrary to your current misconception this argument isn't the most important thing on my mind right now.
Oooh. Now you think you can read minds? Do you have a study to back that up? :lol:
I would also like to point out that "That's just really dumb" is less a refutation than the idiotic equivalent of having absolutely no argument to back up your claim.

Put up or shut up.
I did. Y'know, where I said "Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than 'the old shit'."

Light rail is useful in some circumstances, in some parts of the nation. But it's useless in most of the country, to most of the people, despite the lofty pronouncements of liberals.
Not everyone lives in Blue State Hellholes where such is required

That's just really dumb.

Put up or shut up.

It's cheap transport that could drive down the prices of gas if more people use it.

Clearly you do not understand the importance of peer-reviewed studies or empirical data in general.

Clearly you don't understand the inherent problems of like-minded peers with an agenda reviewing each others work.
Leftists do likes them some echo chambers, don't they?

You mean like the morning shower? I love my shower echo chamber! In my mind, I sound beautiful singing "Lakme Flower Duet", during my morning shower. Fortunately, no one else is around to hear it, that time of the morning. :D

I am glad to read this.

Kudos.

Exsqueeze me? Bakin' powder?

What?

Since when doesn't political orientation include BIAS?

YOU aren't very good at this. That is certain.

Forum List

Back