Research: The intellectual differences between liberals and conservatives

I was reading an interesting article that looked at the differences in brain structure between samples of people who identified themselves as liberal and people who identified as conserative. The study indicates that conservatives have larger amygdalas while liberals have larger anterior cingulate cortexes.

The amygdala is involved with memory and processing emotional reactions. This suggest that conservatives are more efficient at processing threats.

The anterior cingulate cortex is involved with several autonomic functions, such as regulating blood pressure and heart rate, as well as rational cognitive functions like reward anticipation, decision-making, empathy and emotion. This means that liberals may be more efficient at managing conflicting information

Current Biology - Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults

This study says that liberals, on average, have higher IQ's than conservatives:

Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent

I can't wait for all of the rants about the supposed "liberal indoctrination" in higher education as a response to this thread. :lol:

The explanation is simple, free will is real, but only conservatives have it, liberals are programmed by the chemicals in their brains to believe things that have been thoroughly debunked.

Wow... little JUDGMENTAL there, windbag? Just sayin'

I was reading an interesting article that looked at the differences in brain structure between samples of people who identified themselves as liberal and people who identified as conserative. The study indicates that conservatives have larger amygdalas while liberals have larger anterior cingulate cortexes.

The amygdala is involved with memory and processing emotional reactions. This suggest that conservatives are more efficient at processing threats.

The anterior cingulate cortex is involved with several autonomic functions, such as regulating blood pressure and heart rate, as well as rational cognitive functions like reward anticipation, decision-making, empathy and emotion. This means that liberals may be more efficient at managing conflicting information

Current Biology - Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults

I can't wait for all of the rants about the supposed "liberal indoctrination" in higher education as a response to this thread. :lol:

Unfortunately, as is evidenced by dumbshits like you and DaGoose, these findings are contradicted.

FAIL.

Even if they really are "dumbshits." they would be very small number sin the full statistic.

Unless you want to go out and do your own study, let it go.

Why would I? The premise that Liberals are smarter than Conservatives or vice versa is idiotic.

Unfortunately, as is evidenced by dumbshits like you and DaGoose, these findings are contradicted.

FAIL.

Even if they really are "dumbshits." they would be very small number sin the full statistic.

Why would I? The premise that Liberals are smarter than Conservatives or vice versa is idiotic.

I would say that the premise of any study that claims one group is more intelligent than another is idiotic. As a physicist I've met other scientists who are just so stupendously stupid I can only image their parents paid for their degree to be given to them upon finding out they can drool.

Then how do we explain colossal idiots like Maddow, Olberman, Begala, etc.?

Maddow? Examples?

Olbermann, very left. Begala? Don't know who the hell that is. Maddow's a "colossal idiot"? Please give an example!

I don't agree with everything that O'Reilly or Van Susteran says, but stupid they are not.

Paul Begala.

And here is but one example of just how stupid, and frankly, inept Maddow is:

Rachel Maddow at MSNBC makes an idiot of herself again

Bullshit "science" is bullshit.

LSE psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa claims black women are less attractive | Mail Online

You probably shouldn't let a racist do your thinking for you.

Read my signature, kid. It applies to you.

I would say that the premise of any study that claims one group is more intelligent than another is idiotic. As a physicist I've met other scientists who are just so stupendously stupid I can only image their parents paid for their degree to be given to them upon finding out they can drool.

It isn't saying that all liberals are smarter than all conservatives. It is saying, on average, liberals have higher IQ's. You can't get more objective than IQ scores.

LSE psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa claims black women are less attractive | Mail Online

And then there's the "science" of AGW that these genius liberals so readily embrace.

:lol:

Liberals also generally accept new technology while conservatives, by definition, want nothing to do with progress.

Hence the conservative title.

I do not see liberals being more intelligent, just more open minded.

Conservatives resist new technology and liberals embrace it? Why do liberals like light rail? Do you really think that something that has to run on tracks that cannot be moved works better than a bus that can take a different route to avoid problems? Doesn't it make more sense to buy 8 buses that are more flexible and can carry more people than it does to purchase a single light rail car that shuts down completely if there is an accident?

For the record, being a conservative, I oppose light rail because it sucks, not because it is new.

There is also the point that every technophile I have EVER known has been conservative. (Not necessarily republican)
I believe you mean "technophobe", you liberal genius. :lol:
Also if we don't work on things like the light rail now, the technology will never advance to the point where it would be better than the old shit it is replacing.

Imagine if they had never build the car because at first it was more trouble than a horse and far more costly?
Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than "the old shit".

That's just really dumb.

Last edited:

Your signature isn't at all compelling. Sorry.

And then there's the "science" of AGW that these genius liberals so readily embrace.

With the concensus of thier peers in stupidity to boot!:badgrin:

With the concensus of thier peers in stupidity to boot!:badgrin:

Clearly you do not understand the importance of peer-reviewed studies or empirical data in general.

Conservatives resist new technology and liberals embrace it? Why do liberals like light rail? Do you really think that something that has to run on tracks that cannot be moved works better than a bus that can take a different route to avoid problems? Doesn't it make more sense to buy 8 buses that are more flexible and can carry more people than it does to purchase a single light rail car that shuts down completely if there is an accident?

For the record, being a conservative, I oppose light rail because it sucks, not because it is new.

There is also the point that every technophile I have EVER known has been conservative. (Not necessarily republican)
Also if we don't work on things like the light rail now, the technology will never advance to the point where it would be better than the old shit it is replacing.

Imagine if they had never build the car because at first it was more trouble than a horse and far more costly?
Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than "the old shit".

That's just really dumb.

Not to mention, the car was undertaken by a private citizen who believed it could replace the horse and buggy... not because some starry-eyed liberal bureaucrat decided they no longer liked horse poop.

That's just really dumb.
Too many people enjoy the liberty of getting to where they are going on thier own terms meaning they will never give up thier autos unless forced to...funny isn't it that with the O's policies with the pipeline, and moritorium on drilling...?

That just may happen...:eusa_whistle:

That's just really dumb.

Yea, I'm distracted. Deal with it. Contrary to your current misconception this argument isn't the most important thing on my mind right now.

I would also like to point out that "That's just really dumb" is less a refutation than the idiotic equivalent of having absolutely no argument to back up your claim.

Put up or shut up.

Then how do we explain colossal idiots like Maddow, Olberman, Begala, etc.?

Maddow? Examples?

Olbermann, very left. Begala? Don't know who the hell that is. Maddow's a "colossal idiot"? Please give an example!

I don't agree with everything that O'Reilly or Van Susteran says, but stupid they are not.

Paul Begala.

And here is but one example of just how stupid, and frankly, inept Maddow is:

Rachel Maddow at MSNBC makes an idiot of herself again

Well, she also quotes "The Onion" with a smirk on her face.

This was with Kent Jones. Her pop culture segment. It's usually something humorous, and the segment used to begin with the road sign flashing: "CAUTION! ZOMBIES AHEAD!"

It seemed like she was joking about it to me. Her Kent Jones segment is, or used to be the last 5 minutes of her show called "Just Enough".

Forum List

Back