Research: The intellectual differences between liberals and conservatives

Yea, I'm distracted. Deal with it. Contrary to your current misconception this argument isn't the most important thing on my mind right now.
Oooh. Now you think you can read minds? Do you have a study to back that up? :lol:
I would also like to point out that "That's just really dumb" is less a refutation than the idiotic equivalent of having absolutely no argument to back up your claim.

Put up or shut up.
I did. Y'know, where I said "Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than 'the old shit'."

Light rail is useful in some circumstances, in some parts of the nation. But it's useless in most of the country, to most of the people, despite the lofty pronouncements of liberals.

It's cheap transport that could drive down the prices of gas if more people use it.

so is a bicycle

Oooh. Now you think you can read minds? Do you have a study to back that up? :lol:

I did. Y'know, where I said "Unless you lay tracks to every single driveway and parking lot, light rail will never be better than 'the old shit'."

Light rail is useful in some circumstances, in some parts of the nation. But it's useless in most of the country, to most of the people, despite the lofty pronouncements of liberals.

It's cheap transport that could drive down the prices of gas if more people use it.

so is a bicycle
Or 'hoofing' it.

Yea, I'm distracted. Deal with it. Contrary to your current misconception this argument isn't the most important thing on my mind right now.
I would also like to point out that "That's just really dumb" is less a refutation than the idiotic equivalent of having absolutely no argument to back up your claim.

Put up or shut up.

Ahh but it isn't cheap. The right of way costs alone are astronomical and that's before the first spade of dirt has been turned. Then add in the cost to build and maintain plus the manpower costs and light rail is not cost effective at all.

It exhists because lots of people on the eastern seaboard live a long way away from where they work. They can't afford to drive their cars in so they must take light rail.
Even with this trapped market light rail is not self sufficient, every light rail system in the US requires massive subsidies from teh auto drivers to keep the cost down to a level that is affordable.

In LA where they have started rebuilding the system there, it is over 10 billion into the project and they have 4 miles built. Yeah, that's a real bargain there.

Put up or shut up.

So is walking.

Let me know the next time you make it to a distant location faster than a train when you are using a bicycle or by walking.

Oh no, I'm not designating you as anti-science. Far from it. I'm simply saying that you are denying the peer-review process as useful. When it clearly is.

I also object to the premise of this thread.

As a CPA, I am subject to peer review.

The entire point of peer-reviewed research is so that an outside, independent researcher can verify the validity of the data. They are not "like-minded".
AGW scientists don't do that. The Climategate emails proved it.

Your signature isn't at all compelling. Sorry.
Feeling your toes stepped on, huh?

You should.

Meanwhile, what do you think of Kanazawa now? Do you think he's a legitimate scientist, or a hack?

I don't know his research. However, just because a scientist is studying differences in race, it doesn't mean he is a racist.
When a "scientist" attempts to quantify a completely subjective idea such as beauty, and "proves" that one race is less attractive than another -- he's a racist.

Clearly you do not understand the importance of peer-reviewed studies or empirical data in general.
On the contrary, we understand it perfectly. It's what allows us to say AGW is crap, because AGW scientists have not been honest with the data and have bastardized the peer-review process.
It wasn't vetted...it was manufactured and purchased on our dime to manipulate US.
Yes, but the manipulators intend well, and that's all that matters.

Actually, they don't intend well. They want less freedom and more government control over people.

Too many people enjoy the liberty of getting to where they are going on thier own terms meaning they will never give up thier autos unless forced to...funny isn't it that with the O's policies with the pipeline, and moritorium on drilling...?

That just may happen...:eusa_whistle:
The automobile represents freedom to Americans. We're not going to give it up.
I can imagine Americans at some point if the O somehow gets his way, seeing backwoods refineries in the spirit of moonshiners of old and the revenooers going after them...:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U]Rush - Red Barchetta - YouTube[/ame]

Put up or shut up.

Not everyone lives in Blue State Hellholes where such is required
Yeah, but the proles in flyover country don't matter.

Put up or shut up.

Again: Light rail is useful in some circumstances, in some parts of the nation. But it's useless in most of the country, to most of the people, despite the lofty pronouncements of liberals.

It would be astoundingly wasteful in my entire state, with the exception of Lexington -- maybe.

People are not going to give up their cars. Period.

Wow, is this like that "Bell Curve" book that stated blacks were stupid because they were the ones that got caught? Is this written by the same author?

I don't see how the first study is similar. That study is based upon brain scans and the Bell Curve is based upon IQ numbers. The second study simply compared IQ scores between liberals and conservatives.

They are similar in that they have been debunked by reputable scientists.

Not everyone lives in Blue State Hellholes where such is required
Yeah, but the proles in flyover country don't matter.
As the Statists constantly remind us...I wonder If rail can be digested if flyover refuses to produce food the Statists need to survive?

Again: Light rail is useful in some circumstances, in some parts of the nation. But it's useless in most of the country, to most of the people, despite the lofty pronouncements of liberals.

It would be astoundingly wasteful in my entire state, with the exception of Lexington -- maybe.

People are not going to give up their cars. Period.
Light rail has been bantered about here where I live in NE Florida for over 20 years...No agreement...no fruition. People here don't want to give up thier liberties.

It goes nowhere.

Clearly you don't understand the inherent problems of like-minded peers with an agenda reviewing each others work.
Leftists do likes them some echo chambers, don't they?

You mean like the morning shower? I love my shower echo chamber! In my mind, I sound beautiful singing "Lakme Flower Duet", during my morning shower. Fortunately, no one else is around to hear it, that time of the morning. :D
Pics or it didn't happen. :tongue:

so is a bicycle
But the Bicycle Fitters' Union doesn't donate to the DNC enough.

Forum List

Back