Repubs Propose $2.5 TRILLION Cuts..

Over ten years. That's chump change compared to the last two years of democrat spending like a community activist with a stolen ATM card.
bush_republicard.jpg

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

roflmao YET another Liberal Lemming marches out the Chart that COMPLETELY ignores who controlled Congress and the purse strings.

You get the boob of the day award in my book.
Republicans controlled Congress from 200-2006 didn't they?
6 years of control and Bush vetoed NOTHING!. What did they accompolish?

The Republicans are trying,so i'll applaud them for that. Obviously the Democrats are going to thwart them at every turn but it is good to see the Republicans doing what they were sent there to do. Unfortunately real cuts will not be achieved though and our rapid march towards Third World Misery will continue. Real cuts mean real sacrifice and most in our Congress are not willing to sacrifice and do the right thing. It is very sad.

Last edited:
Over ten years. That's chump change compared to the last two years of democrat spending like a community activist with a stolen ATM card.
bush_republicard.jpg

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

roflmao YET another Liberal Lemming marches out the Chart that COMPLETELY ignores who controlled Congress and the purse strings.You get the boob of the day award in my book.

Now if that's the Right's logic, I guess it was the Dem controlled Congress that made Reagan's legacy was it is today amongst the GOP! After all, they controlled the purse strings.
But in the real world, presidents have things called veto's.

This is a good move in the right direction but there needs to be far more done. They cannot balance the budget now, nor should they for that matter as it will take at least a few years of winding down spending to get there but this is a start.

The interesting thing about this graphic--it comes out the same no matter who puts one out because it is based on the actual treasury numbers--is that the deficit was dramatically coming down once we stablilized after the 9/11 triggered recession. And this was in spite the horrendous expense of funding two wars in the Middle East.

The deficit swelled dramatically in 2008 but roughly $400 billion of the less than $500 billion was TARP passed on a bipartisan basis but, in my opinion, should never have been.

Take TARP out of the equation, and even with an economy sliding into what should have been a mild cyclical recession, it is obvious that the deficit was disappearing and the budget was again near balance.

It was spending the remainder of TARP on what many of us feel to be destructive purposes, an unconscionable earmark (pork) laden appropriations bill despite a deepening recession, the horrendous stimulus package, and indiscriminate spending mostly without benefit of budget guidence that has swelled the deficits to astronomical proportions.

It was all that spending weakening the dollar, eroding overseas confidence in American economic health, and uncertainty over cap & trade, taxes, the unpopular healthcare overhaul, etc. that froze American assets and brought much of American commerce and industry to a halt. Astute business people do not risk capital by investing, hiring people, or initiating new projects without some assurance of what taxes, policy, and regulations are going to be. The Obama administration gave them zero guidance or assurance on anything and Congress seemed to be clueless of the effect their legislation was having on anybody.

How can any thinking American defend that?

Last edited:
This is a good move in the right direction but there needs to be far more done. They cannot balance the budget now, nor should they for that matter as it will take at least a few years of winding down spending to get there but this is a start.

They could do it in 2 months if they weren't cowards and pretenders. Most of the nations in Europe have reduced their budgets far more than this measly 8% in the last year.

This is a token effort, not a real effort. Tell the GOP to get real. Or stfu.

...in spending.

Read it and weep, Dimocrats.. You're being set up. Republicans got elected in November because you nitwits spent gobs of money we don't have and the public didn't want you to. Now they're proposing to keep their promises to those who voted for them, and Dims of course will fight to keep them from doing so. And all the while the voters will be watching and listening to them as the '12 elections get closer every day.

House GOP Lists $2.5 Trillion in Spending Cuts - US News and World Report

I love it. Anything that helps the economy, the middle class or the poor, get rid of it.

bush_republicard.jpg

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

roflmao YET another Liberal Lemming marches out the Chart that COMPLETELY ignores who controlled Congress and the purse strings.

You get the boob of the day award in my book.

The first six years of the Bush administration, Republicans controlled both houses. The last two years, the senate was 49 to 49 with two independents. Is that what you're talking about?

...in spending.

Read it and weep, Dimocrats.. You're being set up. Republicans got elected in November because you nitwits spent gobs of money we don't have and the public didn't want you to. Now they're proposing to keep their promises to those who voted for them, and Dims of course will fight to keep them from doing so. And all the while the voters will be watching and listening to them as the '12 elections get closer every day.

House GOP Lists $2.5 Trillion in Spending Cuts - US News and World Report

I love it. Anything that helps the economy, the middle class or the poor, get rid of it.

First of all WHY the Class WARFARE by the left deany?

I don't want to cut any programs that help Americans either. I just want to cut the programs that encourage Americans to be dependent, irresponsible, foolish, or speculative from an early age rather than programs that encourage values and a culture in which people consider it an honor and responsibility to become independent, self reliant,a positive in their society, and prosper.
You'll never get any Democrats to support cutting their vote-buying programs.

Do both and save $5 tril....Deal?

If we weren't so dependent on their resources, we wouldn't have to spend so much to protect our interests in them. So lets get off of foreign oil as a starting point... Deal?

The right has been arguing to get off foreign oil for decades. Unfortunately, for some reason the left is consistantly opposed to domestic oil production. In fact, they call for policies that will cause prices to "necessarily skyrocket".

Let's get rid of all the red tape and start producing energy on a massive scale. Let's drill for oil and natural gas. Let's develop oil shale technology. Let's develop solar, wind and water tech. Let's build some nuclear plants.

Seriously, there is no reason we shouldn't be doing all these things. Yet for some reason the left continually opposes this and the right are such pansies that they don't fight for it.

Let's stop attacking our domestic energy producers and actually encourage them to do the work we need them to do.
The left supports any energy policy plan that doesn't contain the words "drill", "for", and "oil".

Which shows they're simply not serious about reducing foreign dependency.

I don't want to cut any programs that help Americans either. I just want to cut the programs that encourage Americans to be dependent, irresponsible, foolish, or speculative from an early age rather than programs that encourage values and a culture in which people consider it an honor and responsibility to become independent, self reliant,a positive in their society, and prosper.

True, they must keep the base reliant upon the government.

Letting people keep what's there doesn't "cost" anything.

No deal and no dishonest semantics, either.

You are a pussy when it comes to cutting the deficit

I'm willing to give up my tax cut....why aren't you?

Its for the good of the country

What's stopping you? Send in a check for the extra amount you're willing to give up if you're so committed.
I am a Democrat because I believe in helping those in need. All of us, you and I, have an obligation to those less fortunate. You go first, okay? I'm a little short this week.

They could do it in 2 months if they weren't cowards and pretenders. Most of the nations in Europe have reduced their budgets far more than this measly 8% in the last year.

This is a token effort, not a real effort. Tell the GOP to get real. Or stfu.
It's not like the Democrat-controlled Senate or Obama will support any cuts the GOP proposes anyway.

True, they must keep the base reliant upon the government.
Yup. They'd rather give a man a government fish every day...and make fishing by individuals illegal.

The first red bar was the last budget passed under Bush. That belongs to him.

It was a budget passed by a Democratically controlled Congress and signed by President Bush PLUS the remaining half of TARP that the Administration now treats as a petty cash fund PLUS the stimulus package that was off budget PLUS reduction in revenues because Congress and Obama were paying off political cronies with all that money instead of putting it into shovel ready jobs as promised, PLUS some additional smaller appropriations that have also been off budget, etc. etc. etc.

Congress hasn't even been bothering with a budget since the last Bush budget expired in October 2009. I guess if they don't pay attention to any kind of spending guidelines, they can pretend that what they're doing with our money is okay.

It isn't okay.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back