Fiscal conservatism now? Or it'll be shoved down our throats later.

The only real math that works is huge spending cuts.
Keep those up for 5 or 10 years, and then we'll consider tax hikes. Maybe.
It's not the only option, add AGGRESSIVE all in economic growth. That means slashing not just the size of government and government spending but the economic stifling Mt. Everst of government regulations jacking up the cost of everything. The debt problem is so bad at this point that economic growth is about the only hope we have.

Sadly I'll tell you what's going to happen. Dumb as politicians will go right on borrowing and spending and printing money until the whole damn country collapses and the dollar is worth shit.

SADLY, true Conservatism and or fiscal responsibility can’t be sold to new America and its new ‘type’ of citizen…

It has not been sold to America since the 1920s. The last actual conservative to hold the office of President was some guy named Calvin.

This has nothing to do with brown people you racist piece of shit.

Mooching government parasites have their sights set on 70%-90% tax rates.

So, the tax rates we had from the mid 1960s to the early 80s.

Tell me, do you think the US as a country doing better then or now?

So, the tax rates we had from the mid 1960s to the early 80s.

Tell me, do you think the US as a country doing better then or now?
Those rates came with lots of built in dodges. It is highly unlikely that any actually paid at those levels. If any legislator seriously attempted to raise to those rates again the donor class would have them out on the streets.

Those rates came with lots of built in dodges.

So do today's rates. The dodges are the problem. While it is not my original idea, get rid of all tax expenditures and set the rate without any dodges. If two people have the exact same income, they should pay the exact same in income tax. We need to quit using the tax code for social engineering.

It is highly unlikely that any actually paid at those levels. If any legislator seriously attempted to raise to those rates again the donor class would have them out on the streets.

Yep. Thus is the problem. Not only the donor class but the nation as a whole keeps voting these people back into office, which is giving them permission to keep doing business as usual.

So do today's rates. The dodges are the problem. While it is not my original idea, get rid of all tax expenditures and set the rate without any dodges. If two people have the exact same income, they should pay the exact same in income tax. We need to quit using the tax code for social engineering.

Yep. Thus is the problem. Not only the donor class but the nation as a whole keeps voting these people back into office, which is giving them permission to keep doing business as usual.
No argument from me here.

It has not been sold to America since the 1920s. The last actual conservative to hold the office of President was some guy named Calvin.
And yet you still cry out for fiscal Conservatism knowing full well that only 73 voters in America will vote for it.
This has nothing to do with brown people you racist piece of shit.
It has everything to do with dark people you scared pussy. Dark people are shameless, needy, desperate beggars who can’t give two fucks about responsibility and especially fiscal responsibility…did you really not know that or are you just so nutless that you can’t admit that to yourself?

JWBooth

And yet you still cry out for fiscal Conservatism knowing full well that only 73 voters in America will vote for it.

It is the only chance the country has to stay a world leader. But there are too many freeloaders like you

Another round of tax cuts for the billionaires will help solve the debt crisis.

And to think, in Jan of 1981, when Reagan took office, the national debt was only $2 trillion. 7 presidents later it's $34 trillion.

The people are either going to start supporting actual conservatism. Or conservatism is going to be forced on us. I just hope it's not the latter. Because the latter is going to be worse than the great depression and for a lot longer.

No more welfare, even for the needy. The corporations are going to have to stand on their own two feet, with much higher taxes. The wages will have to plummet. Mortgage companies forced into actual bankruptcy with no government help. People won't stand for the wage cuts that'll be necessary to keep their employers in business, so they'll quit and the companies will be forced to close.
And 1000 other consequences will take hold.

Well, the Mexicans might stick around to fill those jobs. But who knows.

Whether its Trump or Biden in the next election, neither one of them are going to stop the out of control spending. Both have a long record of spending way too much. In fact Trump brags about being the kind of debt and his answer to all of this is to just print more money. Biden's spending record will match Trumps, even with his last two years of a GOP house majority. Because 90% of the house GOP are big spending RINO's like Trump.
Our political "system" (ha) is such that (a) a politician's incentive is to "bring home the bacon" and (b) the two parties are not allowed to collaborate with the other to find the optimal spending/taxing levels.

As long as those two roadblocks remain, long term fiscal responsibility is just another talking point. As with all our other problems, this is a self-inflicted wound. We the People clearly just don't care enough.

Another round of tax cuts for the billionaires will help solve the debt crisis.
Are you talking about the tax cuts that led to record revenue for the U.S. treasury?
The tax breaks that ALL productive people took part in while you bottom feeders were left behind?
www.investors.com

Go Figure: Federal Revenues Hit All-Time Highs Under Trump Tax Cuts

Critics of the Trump tax cuts said they would blow a hole in the deficit. Yet individual income taxes climbed 6% in the just-ended fiscal 2018.
www.investors.com
www.investors.com
www.wsj.com

Opinion | The Trump Tax Cuts Were Not ‘Tax Cuts for the Rich’

The most significant benefits accrued to working- and middle-class filers.
www.wsj.com
www.wsj.com

It's very simple to balance the budget and pay down the debt. Unfortunately, we don't want our politicians to actually do that.

"Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Eliminate all tax expenditures, with the exception of the EITC which is the only tax expenditure proven to increase productivity.

Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to 70, and index them to 9 percent of the population going forward. We are living longer than our ancestors, we should be working longer.

These two things alone would bring a gigantic surplus which we could use to pay off the debt and lower everyone's tax rates.

The first would also result in people and businesses earning identical incomes paying identical taxes. And it would result in disincentivizing bribes in the form of campaign cash to elected officials.

Like I said. Simple.

But none of you want that or you would be demanding it.

Are you talking about the tax cuts that led to record revenue for the U.S. treasury?
Here's something your propagandists don't tell you.

When Obama raised taxes, the federal government received record revenues.

When Bill Clinton raised taxes, the federal government received record revenues.

You see, creduloid, revenues are dependent on the condition of the economy, not tax rates.

While it is not my original idea, get rid of all tax expenditures and set the rate without any dodges. If two people have the exact same income, they should pay the exact same in income tax. We need to quit using the tax code for social engineering.
This is shit broke woke globalist weirdos say…. ain’t that right g5000 ?
What are the common denominators between Golfing Gator and g5000 ?
Tax code isn’t used for “social engineering”…..it is and always has been used for economic engineering and all legit people know it.

This is shit broke woke globalist weirdos say…. ain’t that right g5000 ?
What are the common denominators between Golfing Gator and g5000 ?
Tax code isn’t used for “social engineering”…..it is and always has been used for economic engineering and all legit people know it.
All government interference in the markets should be eliminated.

You are punished with higher taxes if you don't buy the right refrigerator.

You are punished with higher taxes for not breeding. And THAT is social engineering.

You are punished with higher taxes for not using the right kind of energy.

You are punished with higher taxes for not taking out a mortgage. The MID adds about 27 percent to the cost of your house. Think about who benefits from that. Realtors and bankers, who pay over $100 million a year to your politicians to keep it that way.

It was no big leap for Obama to punish you with higher taxes for not buying the right health insurance.

All government interference in the markets should be eliminated.
Your Father Government “interferes” in all sectors and you cheer most of it on. You can’t be taken seriously.
You are punished with higher taxes if you don't buy the right refrigerator.
Like being “punished” for not buying the loaf of bread that’s on sale at the grocery store?
The globalist woke lib says:
“All the bread should be on sale…if it isn’t than I’m being PUNISHED for buying the bread that isn’t.”
You are punished with higher taxes for not breeding. And THAT is social engineering, dipshit.
“Punished”? For making a choice? Didn’t you make the choice and effectively punish yourself?
I thought you said you wanted social security funded?
Tax code that encourages THE RIGHT people to breed is good strategic economics….the problem is; our tax code encourages Guadalupe and ShaNequa to out-breed the right people and that’s where we fuck up.
You are punished with higher taxes for not using the right kind of energy.
“Punished”? For making a choice? Didn’t you make the choice and effectively punish yourself?

of course they can.

it is part of the solution.

what we need are real, meaningful spending cuts
As long as the War Department`s budget is untouchable, spending cuts are meaningless because we would be cutting nickels and dimes. I want the government to stop spending on anything that doesn`t affect me. :) I`m sure we all can agree on that. Our military spending makes up nearly 38% of the world`s total. Friendly neighbors north and south and 2 big oceans protecting east and west coasts. Are we suckers or cowards?

Forum List

Back