Republicans, what do you think of Trump's statement on health care?

I'm not even going to fuck around with a mf retard any longer. If you think the buck stops with congress you have your head so far up your head so far up your ass it's pathetic.

YOU ARE the RETARD, DD - you actually think the President of the United States - the Executive Branch - writes and passes Legislation.

You recall Obamacare and what Obama was doing day in and out to ensure it it gets done? THAT is how you do it.

THIS is what Trump was doing:

170328142121-mobapp-trump-golf-super-169.jpg

I'm still trying to get my head around hearing a President of the United States clearly stating that he wants our health care system to fail. And then doubling down, saying, "I'm not gonna own it".

Is what he said okay with you? And if so, how many Americans would you be comfortable with seeing lose their coverage and suffer, before the GOP supposedly swoops in to save the day, after the party has completely failed to do so, so far?

"Own" what, precisely? What do you think about all this?
As I said on another thread once something like Obamacare gets signed into law and takes root getting rid of it is all but impossible. The Republicans never should have made all these repeal promises and just let the Democrats own it while it died on its own.

I'm still trying to get my head around hearing a President of the United States clearly stating that he wants our health care system to fail. And then doubling down, saying, "I'm not gonna own it".

Is what he said okay with you? And if so, how many Americans would you be comfortable with seeing lose their coverage and suffer, before the GOP supposedly swoops in to save the day, after the party has completely failed to do so, so far?

As I said on another thread once something like Obamacare gets signed into law and takes root getting rid of it is all but impossible. The Republicans never should have made all these repeal promises and just let the Democrats own it while it died on its own.
Yeah, I think the die was cast after the 2008 elections. It was clear that once the law was in effect, there would be no going back, and the GOP would have to deal with health care from that point of government involvement. Instead, they chose to lie that they had a better way. And in the end, they couldn't even push through a mere TWEAK of the law they hate so much.

Yeah, I think the die was cast after the 2008 elections. It was clear that once the law was in effect, there would be no going back, and the GOP would have to deal with health care from that point of government involvement. Instead, they chose to lie that they had a better way. And in the end, they couldn't even push through a mere TWEAK of the law they hate so much.
I won't be surprised if Rand Paul and some of the others who seem to oppose everything aren't out in 2018 either through a loss to a primary challenger or their Democratic opponent.

I won't be surprised if Rand Paul and some of the others who seem to oppose everything aren't out in 2018 either through a loss to a primary challenger or their Democratic opponent.

Maybe some independents.

Sometimes the system has to break down before people are willing to fix it. Health Care, will not "collapse", as it is too fractured of a system to fail on a single point. What may happen is more insurance companies back out of exchanges, and premiums continue to increase due to all the mandated un-needed levels of coverage.
Yeah, my guess is that we wouldn't see a total collapse, but man oh man, the optics of what he said.

But I don't think the GOP can get away with the notion that the Dems own this. They have all the power and could have done something. People just are not going to buy that line, no matter how many times it's repeated.

I take no issue with him stating the obvious.

The Trump Cultists don't care. Yes, the rest of the country cares and the rest of the country find his statements unconscionable, but the die hards are going to do just that.

He didn't say he wanted it to fail. He said nothing of the sort.
He said WHEN it fails he doesn't own it. Obamacare was meant to fail. I believe that. I believe that the Democrats can count just like Republicans. And when republicans were saying it was unsustainable - the Dems do what they do best....try to confuse facts with sound bytes.
Do you want to rob Medicare again to try and finance it?
Obamacare did not, at all, address the real problems. It covered the poor...and did absolutely nothing to address what that would do to everyone else.

He said WHEN it fails he doesn't own it. Obamacare was meant to fail. I believe that. I believe that the Democrats can count just like Republicans. And when republicans were saying it was unsustainable - the Dems do what they do best....try to confuse facts with sound bytes.
Obamacare did not, at all, address the real problems. It covered the poor...and did absolutely nothing to address what that would do to everyone else.
Quoting him, beginning at 0:28: "And I think you'll also agree that I've been saying for a long time, let Obamacare fail, and then everybody's going to have to come together and fix it."

That's what he said, that's not fake news. He did NOT say WHEN it fails, he said LET it fail. That is a CHOICE he is WILLING to make.

Quoting him, beginning at 0:28: "And I think you'll also agree that I've been saying for a long time, let Obamacare fail, and then everybody's going to have to come together and fix it."

That's what he said, that's not fake news. He did NOT say WHEN it fails, he said LET it fail. That is a CHOICE he is WILLING to make.

Your misquoting, as usual, by not including context.
You and the media love to sit with gnashing teeth and wait for those two seconds where Trump says something that you can turn into something else.
You are ignoring the rest of everything else. "I am deeply disappointed"..."we have to help our people" .... he is sending a message to congress if you would apply the brain you have.
If the Republicans do nothing and Obamacare fails (let me say that again...OBAMAcare fails) then they will get hurt in 2018.
You take any notice in what is happening in Washington tonight?
I doubt it. If you did, you might get a clue as to what he was doing with this statement.

You and the media love to sit with gnashing teeth and wait for those two seconds where Trump says something that you can turn into something else.
You are ignoring the rest of everything else. "I am deeply disappointed"..."we have to help our people" .... he is sending a message to congress if you would apply the brain you have.
If the Republicans do nothing and Obamacare fails (let me say that again...OBAMAcare fails) then they will get hurt in 2018.
I doubt it. If you did, you might get a clue as to what he was doing with this statement.

Just quoted what he said. I'll put you down for an "I'm fine with it".

Just quoted what he said. I'll put you down for an "I'm fine with it".

And I will put you down as "I will stick with my spin"

the gop has complete control of govt and told us for 7 years about their plan....now they can't even agree on it. Don't blame the dems we knew that weren't going to vote for it. Those ultra conservative senate wackos are holding up the show. Letting healthcare fail is not an option for a nation that is said to be great.

Its stupid. Start twisting arms and get them to vote for and approve the bill they sent Obama to repeal healthcare. We don't have to let it fail

the gop has complete control of govt and told us for 7 years about their plan....now they can't even agree on it. Don't blame the dems we knew that weren't going to vote for it. Those ultra conservative senate wackos are holding up the show. Letting healthcare fail is not an option for a nation that is said to be great.

You guys keep leaving out the fact it was the Senate Democrats that gave us the failed system

and we voted for the gop to fix it.....they have all control. i agree obamacare isn't working. I heard for 7 years about this great plan. Where is it? And why are tax cuts in it? I am going to support the bill when it seems workable. What is the hold up?

and we voted for the gop to fix it.....they have all control. i agree obamacare isn't working. I heard for 7 years about this great plan. Where is it? And why are tax cuts in it? I am going to support the bill when it seems workable. What is the hold up?

The rank and file GOP are cowards.

Republicans, what do you think of Trump's statement on health care?

Which one? There have been so many.

The rank and file GOP are cowards.
They have been brainwashed into believing Russia is their "friend". It's pitiful, just pitiful.

Forum List

Back