Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

CNN huh.

WOW. Guess I'll give their poll all the consideration it due.

None.

The Quinnipiac poll out today has Americans opposing the GOP shutdown strategy by 3 to 1.

And to anyone caring about the rightwing inmates around here denying the validity of the polls?

Remember it was a year ago that those same fools were telling us that the polls showing Obama winning the election were all skewed...

Who cares if people 'blame' the Republicans for the shutdown?

Has anyone bothered to ask the people if they think shutting it down is bad or good?

yes, it is law. Congress is not obligated to fund every law. Its a terribly written law and will bankrupt the country if ever fully implemented. Even the dems who wrote it are now admitting that it has a lot of problems that need fixing.

A one year delay would give time to fix the bad things and improve the good things. It makes a lot of sense.

Its not about winning or losing, its about doing what is right for the country.

you dem/libs need to grow up and get over the "we won" bullshit, because next time you won't be the winners and the winners will remember.

This has never been done before in this country. That makes it a pretty radical thing to do.

And if you want to fix something, you first have to implemented, look for the defects and provide fixes.

The republicans have no interest, whatsoever, in fixing the ACA. They said so last election and lost.

Sure they do. Or at least that's what they're saying.

Listen, the Republicans are full of shit - I get that. But on this, it's really the Democrats who are refusing to budge. Drop the individual mandate. That's what the public wants. And that's one of the things the Republicans are 'saying' they want. Why not give it to them?

Here's why: because it would betray the sweetheart deal the Democrats cut with the insurance industry. They're the one's whoring it up.

If the Democrats "budge" it would set a horrible precedent no matter what you think of the law.

This has never been the way our government works.

This has never been done before in this country. That makes it a pretty radical thing to do.

And if you want to fix something, you first have to implemented, look for the defects and provide fixes.

The republicans have no interest, whatsoever, in fixing the ACA. They said so last election and lost.

Listen, the Republicans are full of shit - I get that. But on this, it's really the Democrats who are refusing to budge. Drop the individual mandate. That's what the public wants. And that's one of the things the Republicans are 'saying' they want. Why not give it to them?

Here's why: because it would betray the sweetheart deal the Democrats cut with the insurance industry. They're the one's whoring it up.

If the Democrats "budge" it would set a horrible precedent no matter what you think of the law.

Oh... well, I thought the claim was that the Republicans weren't willing to compromise. I guess as long as we're clear. Democrats don't want to accept any 'fixes' to the bill. It might set a bad precedent.

That's an outright lie!:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

The Quinnipiac poll out today has Americans opposing the GOP shutdown strategy by 3 to 1.

And to anyone caring about the rightwing inmates around here denying the validity of the polls?

Remember it was a year ago that those same fools were telling us that the polls showing Obama winning the election were all skewed...

How about the poll where 51% of Americans favor a Federal shutdown until Congress cuts Obamacare funding??

This helps explain why 53% would rather have a partial government shutdown until Democrats and Republicans can agree on what spending to cut. Thirty-seven percent (37%) would prefer instead that Congress avoid a shutdown by authorizing spending at existing levels as the president has proposed.

Some conservative Republicans in both the House and Senate are refusing to approve a budget unless it slows or stops funding for the health care law, but the president and most congressional Democrats are adamantly opposed to any such cuts. However, 51% of voters favor having a partial government shutdown until Democrats and Republicans agree on what spending for the health care law to cut. Forty percent (40%) would rather avoid a government shutdown by authorizing spending for the health care law at existing levels.

51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding - Rasmussen Reports?

You really are the leading candidate for the next Dumbass Award!:cool:

You know what a non-sequitur is, chief?

Do you?

I mean look it up.

Get back to me.

I do know, and my comment does not qualify. My comment speaks to your misinformation and lies in the thread, to a point. Of course, you are mainly biased and ignorant, but you do provide good entertainment. :eusa_whistle:

By the way, I am part Cherokee, but I'm not a "chief!" "non-sequitur" on your part? :lol:

No Chief, obviously you don't know what a non-sequitur is or you'd understand the reference.

You don't.

Now go back to hunting the mystic buffalo. You Fuchowee Indian you..

:lol:

The sheep will forget this in 3 months and if they don't I really don't care. To hell with the 69%. May they rot. This is a matter of principle and it will energize the conservative base. No real conservative would ever support the 69% Marxist ideology. This place is on the cusp of implosion anyway and I could care less how many traitors in congress don't get their jobs back.

That's an outright lie!:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Here's the pepsi challenge, Chief.

You go find a law, that was passed, then the house tried to use the debt ceiling as leverage to defund the law.

Provide links and stuff.

Or it will be you who are the liar.

You know what a non-sequitur is, chief?

Do you?

I mean look it up.

Get back to me.

I do know, and my comment does not qualify. My comment speaks to your misinformation and lies in the thread, to a point. Of course, you are mainly biased and ignorant, but you do provide good entertainment. :eusa_whistle:

By the way, I am part Cherokee, but I'm not a "chief!" "non-sequitur" on your part? :lol:

No Chief, obviously you don't know what a non-sequitur is or you'd understand the reference.

You don't.

I understand that my comments refer to clarifying the authenticity of your previous comments in the thread. I understand that you are not nearly as intelligent as you believe. You are a hoot though. Most dumbasses are. :lol::lol:

Oh... well, I thought the claim was that the Republicans weren't willing to compromise. I guess as long as we're clear. Democrats don't want to accept any 'fixes' to the bill. It might set a bad precedent.

It's NOT a bill.

It's the LAW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0]I'm Just a Bill (Schoolhouse Rock!) - YouTube[/ame]

That might help. :doubt:

I don't understand why the Democrats don't offer changes to the law to address the public's objections. Clearly voters see the individual mandate as a corporatist swindle. Why are the Democrats so dedicated to funneling money to the insurance industry?

You don't.

I understand that my comments refer to clarifying the authenticity of your previous comments in the thread. I understand that you are not nearly as intelligent as you believe. You are a hoot though. Most dumbasses are. :lol::lol:

English not your first language?

What's that in your native Fuchowee?

Chief?

How many years have the republicans had to fix or change the bill?

They don't want to. So no; this isn't about compromise. This is about them wanting to kill a law, BECAUSE OBAMA!

House offered to keep government running except for ObamaCare, Reid and Obama said "FUCK YOU! We're shutting it down like the grid on Ghostbusters"

How about the poll where 51% of Americans favor a Federal shutdown until Congress cuts Obamacare funding??

This helps explain why 53% would rather have a partial government shutdown until Democrats and Republicans can agree on what spending to cut. Thirty-seven percent (37%) would prefer instead that Congress avoid a shutdown by authorizing spending at existing levels as the president has proposed.

Some conservative Republicans in both the House and Senate are refusing to approve a budget unless it slows or stops funding for the health care law, but the president and most congressional Democrats are adamantly opposed to any such cuts. However, 51% of voters favor having a partial government shutdown until Democrats and Republicans agree on what spending for the health care law to cut. Forty percent (40%) would rather avoid a government shutdown by authorizing spending for the health care law at existing levels.

51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding - Rasmussen Reports?

That would be the same Rasmussen that told us Romney was going to win the 2012 election? yeah, how about that...

The sad part is, people like Sallow actually believe the dung that Reid and company put out for them to swallow.
Democrats - refuse to even discuss reasonable (very reasonable) changes to ACA...namely removing 2000 exemptions to favored corporations and unions and themselves, and the much needed delay to the ind. mandate.
They refuse to even talk about it - yet - it is the Republican shutdown.
How stupid can people get...amazing.

Forum List

Back