Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

If the Democrats "budge" it would set a horrible precedent no matter what you think of the law.

This has never been the way our government works.

That's an outright lie!:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Here's the pepsi challenge, Chief.

You go find a law, that was passed, then the house tried to use the debt ceiling as leverage to defund the law.

Provide links and stuff.

Or it will be you who are the liar.

I was responding to your general comment, now you are more specific. That said, complain to Obama for all his illegal changes to the law that was written. If he can do it, others should at least be allowed to discuss changes with the lefty side.

The sheep will forget this in 3 months and if they don't I really don't care. To hell with the 69%. May they rot. This is a matter of principle and it will energize the conservative base. No real conservative would ever support the 69% Marxist ideology. This place is on the cusp of implosion anyway and I could care less how many traitors in congress don't get their jobs back.

It seems to be the MO of progressives these days. It's all about polls, trying to prove their arguement by saying more people believe in it, instead of actually argueing the merits of the issue.

Both sides can quote poll numbers all day, but in the end the country is divided pretty much down the middle of Left vs. Right.

The Quinnipiac poll out today has Americans opposing the GOP shutdown strategy by 3 to 1.

And to anyone caring about the rightwing inmates around here denying the validity of the polls?

Remember it was a year ago that those same fools were telling us that the polls showing Obama winning the election were all skewed...

How about the poll where 51% of Americans favor a Federal shutdown until Congress cuts Obamacare funding??

This helps explain why 53% would rather have a partial government shutdown until Democrats and Republicans can agree on what spending to cut. Thirty-seven percent (37%) would prefer instead that Congress avoid a shutdown by authorizing spending at existing levels as the president has proposed.

Some conservative Republicans in both the House and Senate are refusing to approve a budget unless it slows or stops funding for the health care law, but the president and most congressional Democrats are adamantly opposed to any such cuts. However, 51% of voters favor having a partial government shutdown until Democrats and Republicans agree on what spending for the health care law to cut. Forty percent (40%) would rather avoid a government shutdown by authorizing spending for the health care law at existing levels.

51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding - Rasmussen Reports?

That would be the same Rasmussen that told us Romney was going to win the 2012 election? yeah, how about that...

Really? I didn't know any poll had Romney winning.

Yet another poll showing that the majority of the american people aren't buying into the far right's attack on the nation over their pissy fit with the ACA.

The poll found 46% of americans blame the GOP for the shutdown with only 36% the president, but the big one is a whopping 69% feel the GOP are acting like "spoiled children" which I completely agree with.

Keep digging that ditch GOP, 2014 is looking better and better by the day for the democrats :up:

Government Shutdown Blame Would Fall On Republicans, GOP Seen As 'Spoiled Children': Poll

What's a "CNN" ???

If the Democrats "budge" it would set a horrible precedent no matter what you think of the law.

This has never been the way our government works.

Oh... well, I thought the claim was that the Republicans weren't willing to compromise. I guess as long as we're clear. Democrats don't want to accept any 'fixes' to the bill. It might set a bad precedent.

How many years have the republicans had to fix or change the bill?

They don't want to. So no; this isn't about compromise. This is about them wanting to kill a law, BECAUSE OBAMA!

So, "they do it too"?? The Republicans suck I get it. But, it appears, so do the Democrats.

Shut it all down.

The Democrats could pull the rug out from under the Republicans and call their bluff. Drop the mandate and watch them squirm.

But they won't, because they've got insurance industry cock lodged in their throats.

Last edited:
That's an outright lie!:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Here's the pepsi challenge, Chief.

You go find a law, that was passed, then the house tried to use the debt ceiling as leverage to defund the law.

Provide links and stuff.

Or it will be you who are the liar.

I was responding to your general comment, now you are more specific. That said, complain to Obama for all his illegal changes to the law that was written. If he can do it, others should at least be allowed to discuss changes with the lefty side.

I don't give a fuck what you think you were referring to asshole.

You called me a liar.

Now back it up.

The fact that cnn left democrats off the "who do you blame" list on their poll should give you a hint of their agenda.

Republicans cannot stand to see this country even approach the chance to pursue happiness. They must be a miserable bunch and want the nation to feel as miserable as they do.

It's weird how the republicans hardly stop the give aways and free shit(welfare). They attack high paid science, infrastructure, tech and research jobs....The back bone of this nation in many ways.

Maybe they dream of north korea?

Defense gives us FREEDOM. Dumbocrat marxism gives us poverty and Detroit collapse...

What defense?

Where were the fighters when terrorists struck New York?

:doubt:

Exactly! They weren't there because Bill Clinton had GUTTED defense to the tune of half a TRILLION dollars over his 8 years (and it was Bill Clinton's final budget that was in play on 9/11).

:dance:
See, it's the damn Lefties who play the blame game!!! :cuckoo:

The Senate shut down the government. All they had to do is sign off on the duly elected Republican bill submitted to them and the government stays open.

The House passed several bills. The Senate rejected all of them. Looks like the Democrats own this shut down.

Well no.

The Bills were partially shutting down the government.

Democrats want to keep it open.

Come on man..man up.

This is Grover Norquist stuff in action.

This baby's going to the bathtub! :lol:

No, the dems senators shut er down. They're a laughingstock right now.

Oh... well, I thought the claim was that the Republicans weren't willing to compromise. I guess as long as we're clear. Democrats don't want to accept any 'fixes' to the bill. It might set a bad precedent.

They don't want to. So no; this isn't about compromise. This is about them wanting to kill a law, BECAUSE OBAMA!

So, "they do it too"?? The Republicans suck I get it. But, it appears, so do the Democrats.

Shut it all down.

The Democrats could pull the rug out from under the Republicans and call their bluff. Drop the mandate and watch them squirm.

But they won't, because they've got insurance industry cock lodged in their throats.

That's basically the lynchpin of the whole law. Drop it? And it falls apart.

The private sector needs something in terms of revenue so they can insure everyone and not drop people with pre-existing conditions.

The real pol will be the public's reaction to ACA and whether they feel it is fair and a good law - the Republicans may find that result their Waterloo for 2014.

the exchanges are so busy there is a waiting period to apply - just came through, am applying myself just to check prices ....

Shut it all down.

That's basically the lynchpin of the whole law. Drop it? And it falls apart.

The private sector needs something in terms of revenue so they can insure everyone and not drop people with pre-existing conditions.

Right. This is about Democrats protecting the interests of their insurance company benefactors, first and foremost.

The Senate shut down the government. All they had to do is sign off on the duly elected Republican bill submitted to them and the government stays open.
Government-Shutdown-Fail.jpg

Forum List

Back