Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

When did it become bad having first rate science programs, tech jobs and infrastructure?

Serious question.

When the Theocrats took over the GOP.

But it got better.

The Ayn Rand lovers came in too..and said anything that even remotely smells of altruism isn't in keeping with their "me first, you others go suck an egg" ideology.

Both together?

Man. :lol:

How many others noticed last night on the network news that they did not EVEN MENTION the changes that the Republicans are asking to change in the bill? Did not even bring it up - only "this is the nightmare that will happen if republicans refuse to..."
When one side has the media totally in their pocket, what chance does the other side really have?

When did it become bad having first rate science programs, tech jobs and infrastructure?

Serious question.

When the Theocrats took over the GOP.

But it got better.

The Ayn Rand lovers came in too..and said anything that even remotely smells of altruism isn't in keeping with their "me first, you others go suck an egg" ideology.

Both together?

Man. :lol:

Who killed the biggest Big Science Project on the planet the SuperConduction Supercolloider?

Who killed the US Manned Space Program?

Stop snorting the Dem Kool Aid from the can

Here's the pepsi challenge, Chief.

You go find a law, that was passed, then the house tried to use the debt ceiling as leverage to defund the law.

Provide links and stuff.

Or it will be you who are the liar.

I was responding to your general comment, now you are more specific. That said, complain to Obama for all his illegal changes to the law that was written. If he can do it, others should at least be allowed to discuss changes with the lefty side.

I don't give a fuck what you think you were referring to asshole.

You called me a liar.

Now back it up.

I see the truth hurts SFBs! "I shan't cast pearls before swine!"

You are not capable of seeing your lies, so no point. Have a nice day dipwad!:eusa_liar:

That's a Bill.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_HdVrcL7rM]Kill Bill 2 Deleted scene (HD quality) - YouTube[/ame]

I was responding to your general comment, now you are more specific. That said, complain to Obama for all his illegal changes to the law that was written. If he can do it, others should at least be allowed to discuss changes with the lefty side.

I don't give a fuck what you think you were referring to asshole.

You called me a liar.

Now back it up.

I see the truth hurts SFBs! "I shan't cast pearls before swine!"

You are not capable of seeing your lies, so no point. Have a nice day dipwad!:eusa_liar:

Of course you can't back your shit up.

You're a fucking lying pasty assed bullshit artist with no manners.

Go fuck yourself.

And yeah..have a nice day. :eusa_angel:

:lol:

The Democrats and Obama have been salivating over this, remembering how the public blamed the GOP back in 95. This isn't '95 though and the Dems will find themselves getting reamed.
Yeah!....Oh wait...

giddy.jpg

The Democrats and Obama have been salivating over this, remembering how the public blamed the GOP back in 95. This isn't '95 though and the Dems will find themselves getting reamed.
Yeah!....Oh wait...

giddy.jpg

They've been hating on government so long..and suddenly..

They want everyone to believe that the shutdown isn't the outcome they were hoping for..

Gotta love it.

:lol:

5 bogus Republican arguments to justify a government shutdown - The Week

At least Republicans agree on their talking points

1. Obama won't negotiate
They have continually demanded that Democrats scrap President Obama's biggest legislative achievement in exchange for simply keeping the government operating. Of course Obama won't negotiate over that. Otherwise, Obama has proved quite willing to negotiate on all aspects of the budget. It's Republicans who have refused offer to any concession of any sort.

2. Republicans have already compromised
The essence of compromise is when each party gives up something. Republicans aren't proposing to give up anything. They're just demanding a little bit less than before. Meanwhile, Democrats aren't asking for any trophies. Keeping the government open and raising the debt limit aren't ideological prizes, but basic housekeeping.

3. Republicans are just demanding what the people want
Even if you take the threat of shutdown out of the question, the Republican position still polls poorly. Only 38 percent support the view that "funding for the 2010 health care law must be cut off as part of any budget agreement," with 50 percent opposed. Furthermore, the notion of widespread opposition to ObamaCare on conservative grounds is also misplaced. As CNN's polling has long showed, while support for ObamaCare is below 50 percent, about 10 to 15 percent of that opposition says the program is "not liberal enough.

4. Harry Reid is the one who shut down the government
Sen. Reid's position is programs that Congress has already established by law should be properly funded. Reid is not the one who brought these issues together. House Republicans are the ones who made the decision to repeatedly link the suffocation of ObamaCare to legislation that would keep the government open; that was the threat, a threat on which Republicans have now followed through.

5. Since Obama is delaying ObamaCare for his friends, he should for everyone else

The real story is that the delay for the mandate on employers with 50 or more workers was to give extra time to resolve a specific issue that arose: a concern that the paperwork was going to be unnecessarily burdensome on the vast majority of businesses that already provide insurance. So a delay was issued to provide the time to resolve that specific matter. Soon after, certain unions tried to use the employer mandate delay, not to get a similar temporary delay, but to permanently change a rule that denies ObamaCare subsidies to a particular kind of employer-based insurance utilized by union members. Obama told his union friends, no, there's no legal basis for giving you those subsidies. The president is not doling out special favors. Nor does he consider the need for a few delays to resolve discrete issues to be cause for junking the entire law.

Last edited:
If the Democrats "budge" it would set a horrible precedent no matter what you think of the law.

This has never been the way our government works.

Oh... well, I thought the claim was that the Republicans weren't willing to compromise. I guess as long as we're clear. Democrats don't want to accept any 'fixes' to the bill. It might set a bad precedent.

It's NOT a bill.

It's the LAW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0]I'm Just a Bill (Schoolhouse Rock!) - YouTube[/ame]

That might help. :doubt:

How many changes has Obama made to this so-called law?

Oh... well, I thought the claim was that the Republicans weren't willing to compromise. I guess as long as we're clear. Democrats don't want to accept any 'fixes' to the bill. It might set a bad precedent.

It's NOT a bill.

It's the LAW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0]I'm Just a Bill (Schoolhouse Rock!) - YouTube[/ame]

That might help. :doubt:

How many changes has Obama made to this so-called law?

He's made quite a few for persistent lobbyists. Not so much for people in general.

The TPM's basic problem is they CANNOT rationally discuss the imperfections of Obamacare, because implicitly that admits that govt intervention in HC markets is permissible. Their ideology is that this intervention itself is impermissible. Their problem is a supermajority disagrees with their ideology.

So, the TPM's argument becomes Obamacare is so bad that if we let it go into effect the result will be so bad the nation will suffer some (unspecified) irremedial harm; therefore, we are justified in using the budget process to derail a law we lack the votes to repeal.

Republicans presented a budget which covers the items there is a consensus in congress to fund. Democrats rejected that because they want funding for which there is no consensus in congress to spend.

This one's all on you, homey.

There are the votes in both chambers for a clean CR, but there are NOT the votes in either chamber to shut down the govt over Obamacare, yet that is what Boehner is allowing.

Forum List

Back