Republicans in the house are betraying the Americans who voted for them.

Did anyone in congress or the Senate even run on tax reform this past year???

We've been reforming taxes since the day I was born and all that has been done for decades with any impact, has just ended up putting more money in to the hands of those already wealthy and lowered the normal yearly tax revenue intake which simply increased our deficit and National Debt????

As far as Obama care, they did run on repealing it....Prsident Trump ran on repealing and REPLACING it with something BETTER!!!

I've only heard 3 big complaints about the ACA from the people who are not on the exchange...(the people on the exchange are very happy to have insurance available for them...)

-no one likes the mandate just because for the most part, they hate mandates by the Federal gvt....(the people who truly hate it, are the small amount of people who are affected by the mandate and have to now buy full coverage insurance policies, but most people already got their health insurance thru their employer)

-People were upset about how large the deductibles and yearly out of pocket expense were in their recent policies. These high deductible insurance policies were on their way in BEFORE Obamacare, it started 3 years before Obamacare with my husband's employer, and by repealing Obamacare, nothing will change....they were never a part of Obamacare laws, nothing forced them to do this so NOTHING will happen when Ocare is repealed)

-People were upset about the rising cost of the health insurance policies overall. (And when it is repealed there is NOTHING AT ALL that will force insurance companies to lower the cost of the insurance premiums, they will continue to go up in price every year just as they did BEFORE O-care)

Everything else in OCare was acceptable or liked,

preexisting condition coverage including pregnancies,

the kids in the twenties on parent's policies,

in the end most women like full BC etc. pill coverage,

seniors like the Medicare Do-nut whole that was fixed for prescription drugs,

people like that there is no cap of medical care each year on their policies, and a bunch of other changes that were all for the better, for the policy holders of insurance.

Some think you're right. Others don't. Either way that is no reason to hold up unrelated legislation.

Can you point to one economist that says I am wrong? Protectionists died out after the Great Depression.

Oh and by the way, the vast majority of the opposition to the bill is because they consider it a tax increase and don't want that on their record despite the tax not being on Americans. They are essentially voting out of reelection fears.

As they should. Their prospects for 2018 are already looking pretty dire.

And yeah, a border adjustment tax would be on Americans. The price of virtually everything sold in America would increase, since pretty much everything Americans buy is imported or has imported components in it. This is macroeconomics 101, not rocket science.

Oh and also.

You tried how many damn times to repeal Obamacare knowing the attempt would fail. Now you have the power so what's the fucking hold up? Bunch of fucking show boating bullshit is what you gave us for 6 years now. DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS

Taking away entitlements is political suicide. The GOP has to think about midterms, in which they are at serious risk of getting destroyed right now. The Republican replacement plans in the US congress are basically just rebrands of the PPACA.
Yeah, they BETTER be thinking about midterms. If they do not bring up an effective repeal of the ACA then we will get rid of them.
If they don't repeal Obamacare & pass tax reform I will vote a straight dem ticket in the midterms.
They've spent the last 8 years bitching. GET IT DONE
You are a stronger man than I. I could not live with myself if I voted for a Dem in a general election.

We've been reforming taxes since the day I was born and all that has been done for decades with any impact, has just ended up putting more money in to the hands of those already wealthy and lowered the normal yearly tax revenue intake which simply increased our deficit and National Debt????

As far as Obama care, they did run on repealing it....Prsident Trump ran on repealing and REPLACING it with something BETTER!!!

I've only heard 3 big complaints about the ACA from the people who are not on the exchange...(the people on the exchange are very happy to have insurance available for them...)

-no one likes the mandate just because for the most part, they hate mandates by the Federal gvt....(the people who truly hate it, are the small amount of people who are affected by the mandate and have to now buy full coverage insurance policies, but most people already got their health insurance thru their employer)

-People were upset about how large the deductibles and yearly out of pocket expense were in their recent policies. These high deductible insurance policies were on their way in BEFORE Obamacare, it started 3 years before Obamacare with my husband's employer, and by repealing Obamacare, nothing will change....they were never a part of Obamacare laws, nothing forced them to do this so NOTHING will happen when Ocare is repealed)

-People were upset about the rising cost of the health insurance policies overall. (And when it is repealed there is NOTHING AT ALL that will force insurance companies to lower the cost of the insurance premiums, they will continue to go up in price every year just as they did BEFORE O-care)

in the end most women like full BC pill coverage,

people like that there is no cap of medical care each year on their policies, and a bunch of other changes that were all for the better, for the policy holders of insurance.
Nice leftist gibberish blog

Oh and also.

You tried how many damn times to repeal Obamacare knowing the attempt would fail. Now you have the power so what's the fucking hold up? Bunch of fucking show boating bullshit is what you gave us for 6 years now. DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS

Taking away entitlements is political suicide. The GOP has to think about midterms, in which they are at serious risk of getting destroyed right now. The Republican replacement plans in the US congress are basically just rebrands of the PPACA.
Yeah, they BETTER be thinking about midterms. If they do not bring up an effective repeal of the ACA then we will get rid of them.
If they don't repeal Obamacare & pass tax reform I will vote a straight dem ticket in the midterms.

Why not defeat them in the primary and elect a conservative that will do the job?

Oh and also.

You are a stronger man than I. I could not live with myself if I voted for a Dem in a general election.
I've had all the empty promises I can take. We don't need Dem Lite. If that's what we're facing why not just elect the ones that are honest about being a dem to begin with

Oh and also.

Why not defeat them in the primary and elect a conservative that will do the job?
We've done that for the last 3 or 4 elections.

the kids in the twenties on parent's policie

Rising deductibles were correlated to an unfair degree to the PPACA. Doesn't mean the PPACA didn't contribute. Everyone hated the individual mandate. Now that people are finding out that they will lose coverage for pre-existing conditions and parent's coverage for kids under the age of 26, the general public could care less about the individual mandate.

I think I would be more concerned about why a term limits bill hasn't been written and proposed yet. Especially given it was one of Trump's big campaign promises.

Oh and also.

We've done that for the last 3 or 4 elections.

Nope. Not true. Try again.

Oh and also.

On second thought IF we were able to primary the encumbants I would stay true. If the primary effort failed? Fuckem

Buy American & you pay 0.

Seems simple enough to me. Sadly Americans don't really grasp the power their purchasing dollar has.

I am sure it seems simple, but very little in life is that simple. Buy American and you are alrady paying 2 to 3 times what it cost we import it from Mexico, that is why the companies moved there in the first place. Not to mention 25 billion dollars of agriculture products.

I think I would be more concerned about why a term limits bill hasn't been written and proposed yet. Especially given it was one of Trump's big campaign promises.
I want to see that too but does anyone believe that an entrenched establishment is going to vote themselves out of a job?

Oh and also.

On second thought IF we were able to primary the encumbants I would stay true. If the primary effort failed? Fuckem

*Incumbents

Buy American & you pay 0.

Seems simple enough to me. Sadly Americans don't really grasp the power their purchasing dollar has.

I am sure it seems simple, but very little in life is that simple. Buy American and you are alrady paying 2 to 3 times what it cost we import it from Mexico, that is why the companies moved there in the first place. Not to mention 25 billion dollars of agriculture products.
It is that simple. I only buy American unless there is no alternative.

Which Senators or congressmen ran on tax reform? My Senators and Congressmen did not and there was no national news coverage showing others?

Many ran on repealing O=care,(not mine) never heard them say they were going to replace it?

Why is repealing it so important to you? Are you one of the ones who did not have health insurance and this law was forcing you to get it? If so, then I understand why you are so against it....

It is that simple. I only buy American unless there is no alternative.

Then you are recklessly spending money and doing a disservice to the greater American and global economy. Economies are stronger when the people buy well valued and good quality, and most US products fall flat.

Which Senators or congressmen ran on tax reform? My Senators and Congressmen did not and there was no national news coverage showing others?

Many ran on repealing O=care,(not mine) never heard them say they were going to replace it?

Why is repealing it so important to you? Are you one of the ones who did not have health insurance and this law was forcing you to get it? If so, then I understand why you are so against it....
My personal rates have doubled. My deductible and copays are insane. My options are very restricted.

Yeah, fuck Obamacare

I applied for Commie Care and couldn't believe what they had. There was only one insurance company that covered my doctors and medical facilities and they wanted nearly 25% of my net pay. Plus it had a 7K deductible and a 7K out of pocket. No dental, no eye care, no prescription, plus a $50.00 copay for doctors visits.

Anybody that calls this affordable is out of their mind. The first word in the title of the plan is even a lie. The only people that can be happy with it are those who don't make any kind of money, so you must know a lot of people that don't do very well in life. This farce was intended to cater to likely Democrat voters at the cost to likely Republican voters. The plan was not to help the country, the plan was to create as many new government dependents that the Democrats could. The more government dependents--the more likely Democrat voters.

Forum List

Back