Republicans in the house are betraying the Americans who voted for them.

Oh and also.

You tried how many damn times to repeal Obamacare knowing the attempt would fail. Now you have the power so what's the fucking hold up? Bunch of fucking show boating bullshit is what you gave us for 6 years now. DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS

Taking away entitlements is political suicide. The GOP has to think about midterms, in which they are at serious risk of getting destroyed right now. The Republican replacement plans in the US congress are basically just rebrands of the PPACA.
Yeah, they BETTER be thinking about midterms. If they do not bring up an effective repeal of the ACA then we will get rid of them.
If they don't repeal Obamacare & pass tax reform I will vote a straight dem ticket in the midterms.
They've spent the last 8 years bitching. GET IT DONE
You are a stronger man than I. I could not live with myself if I voted for a Dem in a general election.

Exactly. If you think you're going to vote in people that are going to do exactly as you like when you want, you'll be waiting the rest of your life.

Since we all can't get what we want, the best thing we can do is vote to get as much as we can. As much as I hate Commie Care, I'm willing to give the Republicans more than one crummy month to produce. It's a bill over 2,000 pages long and it's going to be a mess to get rid of in a single signature.

If anybody is unhappy now, just think how much less happy we would be if Hillary was in charge refusing to change one line of Commie Care. Also think of the judges Trump is going to put into place. That's good enough reason for me to vote Republican every election no matter what they don't get accomplished.

Exactly. If you think you're going to vote in people that are going to do exactly as you like when you want, you'll be waiting the rest of your life.

Since we all can't get what we want, the best thing we can do is vote to get as much as we can. As much as I hate Commie Care, I'm willing to give the Republicans more than one crummy month to produce. It's a bill over 2,000 pages long and it's going to be a mess to get rid of in a single signature.

If anybody is unhappy now, just think how much less happy we would be if Hillary was in charge refusing to change one line of Commie Care. Also think of the judges Trump is going to put into place. That's good enough reason for me to vote Republican every election no matter what they don't get accomplished.

The Repubs have had 6 year to create a replacement for ObamaCare. Maybe instead of wasting time voting to repeal it while Obama was still in the WH they could have had a replacement ready to go. But instead they just had one big circle jerk for 6 years.

Why wasn't half this shit ready to go before he even took office?

They expected Hillary to win. That's why.

But you are right. They need to get their act together or there will be a third party.

They need Ted Cruz or Rand Paul as majority leader. That would get them moving.

Did anyone in congress or the Senate even run on tax reform this past year???

We've been reforming taxes since the day I was born and all that has been done for decades with any impact, has just ended up putting more money in to the hands of those already wealthy and lowered the normal yearly tax revenue intake which simply increased our deficit and National Debt????

As far as Obama care, they did run on repealing it....Prsident Trump ran on repealing and REPLACING it with something BETTER!!!

I've only heard 3 big complaints about the ACA from the people who are not on the exchange...(the people on the exchange are very happy to have insurance available for them...)

-no one likes the mandate just because for the most part, they hate mandates by the Federal gvt....(the people who truly hate it, are the small amount of people who are affected by the mandate and have to now buy full coverage insurance policies, but most people already got their health insurance thru their employer)

-People were upset about how large the deductibles and yearly out of pocket expense were in their recent policies. These high deductible insurance policies were on their way in BEFORE Obamacare, it started 3 years before Obamacare with my husband's employer, and by repealing Obamacare, nothing will change....they were never a part of Obamacare laws, nothing forced them to do this so NOTHING will happen when Ocare is repealed)

-People were upset about the rising cost of the health insurance policies overall. (And when it is repealed there is NOTHING AT ALL that will force insurance companies to lower the cost of the insurance premiums, they will continue to go up in price every year just as they did BEFORE O-care)

Everything else in OCare was acceptable or liked,

preexisting condition coverage including pregnancies,

the kids in the twenties on parent's policies,

in the end most women like full BC pill coverage,

seniors like the Medicare Do-nut whole that was fixed for prescription drugs,

people like that there is no cap of medical care each year on their policies, and a bunch of other changes that were all for the better, for the policy holders of insurance.
Nice leftist gibberish blog
Which Senators or congressmen ran on tax reform? My Senators and Congressmen did not and there was no national news coverage showing others?

Many ran on repealing O=care,(not mine) never heard them say they were going to replace it?

Why is repealing it so important to you? Are you one of the ones who did not have health insurance and this law was forcing you to get it? If so, then I understand why you are so against it....
My personal rates have doubled. My deductible and copays are insane. My options are very restricted.

Yeah, fuck Obamacare
TY for answering gramps!

How do you foresee this changing when they repeal Obamacare?

What I am afraid of, is the insurance companies are not going to spend man hour after man hour developing new insurance policies that will sell for less than they are offering now.... Why would they want to reduce their yearly sales revenue coming in by lowering the price of their policies and spend millions in labor hours and costs to re-write their policies for the 2nd time in 5 years?

There is no guarantee at all for any of us, that prices will go down...nor a guarantee that prices and deductible amounts won't continue to go up...

the whole thing is scary with a lot of ifs.....

What would be a guaranteed help for you is the mandate being removed and then you do not have to buy health care insurance....perhaps?

Oh and also.

You tried how many damn times to repeal Obamacare knowing the attempt would fail. Now you have the power so what's the fucking hold up? Bunch of fucking show boating bullshit is what you gave us for 6 years now. DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS

Taking away entitlements is political suicide. The GOP has to think about midterms, in which they are at serious risk of getting destroyed right now. The Republican replacement plans in the US congress are basically just rebrands of the PPACA.
Yeah, they BETTER be thinking about midterms. If they do not bring up an effective repeal of the ACA then we will get rid of them.
If they don't repeal Obamacare & pass tax reform I will vote a straight dem ticket in the midterms.
They've spent the last 8 years bitching. GET IT DONE

Problem is voting Dem will make things worse. We need to start either challenging every incumbent not fulfilling his promises or just create or join a third party

I've only heard 3 big complaints about the ACA from the people who are not on the exchange...(the people on the exchange are very happy to have insurance available for them...)

-no one likes the mandate just because for the most part, they hate mandates by the Federal gvt....(the people who truly hate it, are the small amount of people who are affected by the mandate and have to now buy full coverage insurance policies, but most people already got their health insurance thru their employer)

-People were upset about how large the deductibles and yearly out of pocket expense were in their recent policies. These high deductible insurance policies were on their way in BEFORE Obamacare, it started 3 years before Obamacare with my husband's employer, and by repealing Obamacare, nothing will change....they were never a part of Obamacare laws, nothing forced them to do this so NOTHING will happen when Ocare is repealed)

-People were upset about the rising cost of the health insurance policies overall. (And when it is repealed there is NOTHING AT ALL that will force insurance companies to lower the cost of the insurance premiums, they will continue to go up in price every year just as they did BEFORE O-care)

I applied for Commie Care and couldn't believe what they had. There was only one insurance company that covered my doctors and medical facilities and they wanted nearly 25% of my net pay. Plus it had a 7K deductible and a 7K out of pocket. No dental, no eye care, no prescription, plus a $50.00 copay for doctors visits.

Anybody that calls this affordable is out of their mind. The first word in the title of the plan is even a lie. The only people that can be happy with it are those who don't make any kind of money, so you must know a lot of people that don't do very well in life. This farce was intended to cater to likely Democrat voters at the cost to likely Republican voters. The plan was not to help the country, the plan was to create as many new government dependents that the Democrats could. The more government dependents--the more likely Democrat voters.
Does your employer not have health insurance as a benefit available to you?

Does your wife's employer not have health care insurance as a benefit available to you two?

We've been reforming taxes since the day I was born and all that has been done for decades with any impact, has just ended up putting more money in to the hands of those already wealthy and lowered the normal yearly tax revenue intake which simply increased our deficit and National Debt????

As far as Obama care, they did run on repealing it....Prsident Trump ran on repealing and REPLACING it with something BETTER!!!

people like that there is no cap of medical care each year on their policies, and a bunch of other changes that were all for the better, for the policy holders of insurance.
Which Senators or congressmen ran on tax reform? My Senators and Congressmen did not and there was no national news coverage showing others?

Many ran on repealing O=care,(not mine) never heard them say they were going to replace it?

Why is repealing it so important to you? Are you one of the ones who did not have health insurance and this law was forcing you to get it? If so, then I understand why you are so against it....
My personal rates have doubled. My deductible and copays are insane. My options are very restricted.

Yeah, fuck Obamacare
TY for answering gramps!

What I am afraid of, is the insurance companies are not going to spend man hour after man hour developing new insurance policies that will sell for less than they are offering now.... Why would they want to reduce their yearly sales revenue coming in by lowering the price of their policies and spend millions in labor hours and costs to re-write their policies for the 2nd time in 5 years?

There is no guarantee at all for any of us, that prices will go down...nor a guarantee that prices and deductible amounts won't continue to go up...

What would be a guaranteed help for you is the mandate being removed and then you do not have to buy health care insurance....perhaps?
It will change because I will be able to buy the type of coverage I deem necessary not a policy that is forced upon me for the benefit of others.

Yeah, fuck Obamacare
TY for answering gramps!

It will change because I will be able to buy the type of coverage I deem necessary not a policy that is forced upon me for the benefit of others.
How do you know those type of policies will be available again?

Yeah, fuck Obamacare
TY for answering gramps!

How do you know those type of policies will be available again?
Because diversity is the biggest contribution to success & profitability

You are a stronger man than I. I could not live with myself if I voted for a Dem in a general election.

I voted for Zell Miller a while back (we used to call him Zig Zag Zell) - still feel pretty good about that

but they don't make dems like they used to...

I applied for Commie Care and couldn't believe what they had. There was only one insurance company that covered my doctors and medical facilities and they wanted nearly 25% of my net pay. Plus it had a 7K deductible and a 7K out of pocket. No dental, no eye care, no prescription, plus a $50.00 copay for doctors visits.

Anybody that calls this affordable is out of their mind. The first word in the title of the plan is even a lie. The only people that can be happy with it are those who don't make any kind of money, so you must know a lot of people that don't do very well in life. This farce was intended to cater to likely Democrat voters at the cost to likely Republican voters. The plan was not to help the country, the plan was to create as many new government dependents that the Democrats could. The more government dependents--the more likely Democrat voters.
Does your employer not have health insurance as a benefit available to you?

Does your wife's employer not have health care insurance as a benefit available to you two?

My employer (like many) found a way out of providing that benefit without the high risk of losing employees thanks to Commie Care. Prior to that, most employers would never dream of dropping that benefit.

Okay, well......just find another job that does provide coverage! Easy to do at the age of 28, but not at the age of 57. Until Commie Care came along, I had coverage (with preexisting conditions) my entire adult life. And even if I could change jobs at my age today, what's stopping the next company from doing the same unless Commie Care is totally out of the picture?

It put many people in a terrible position. The people like myself who have a trade or pursued a career of some kind lost our insurance, but the guy that makes french fries at McDonald's or stocks shelves at Walmart does have coverage. Where is the equity in that?

Yeah, fuck Obamacare
TY for answering gramps!

The problem with Commie Care is that it never focused on lowering healthcare costs--only how to shift those costs to other people. It's kind of like trying to pay off one credit card by using another.

So the focus should be how to lower costs first, and then figure out a way to pay for it. The Republicans have come up with several things to do that including healthcare savings accounts and mandating that insurance companies be allowed to sell polices all across the country. One of the largest culprits for our unaffordable healthcare is government programs, and that should be addressed as well.

The Repubs have had 6 year to create a replacement for ObamaCare. Maybe instead of wasting time voting to repeal it while Obama was still in the WH they could have had a replacement ready to go. But instead they just had one big circle jerk for 6 years.

Why work on a plan that can't be passed? Nobody though that Trump would make it to President with a majority in Congress and Senate. So like I said, give it some time. Don't do the same thing they did with Commie Care and rush it through without even thinking about it. Don't pass a bill to "see what's inside of it." That's the mistake we made the last time.

Pretty sure they don't care what their constituents think. We have a Political Elite Class now. Maybe Trump can bitch slap some sense into em? I hope so. Someone needs to.

I voted for Zell Miller a while back (we used to call him Zig Zag Zell) - still feel pretty good about that

but they don't make dems like they used to...
The Dem party that Zell belonged to was a far cry from today's Democrat party. I voted against Zell, but still felt like he was a good man who can be trusted. But the Dems today? Not so much.

Forum List

Back