Republicans Failed to Understand Their Opponent

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Well, it's coming from their own ranks now. So it's not the left that's misinterpreting or bashing them...it's coming from within. Hopefully this starts to seep into the thick skulls of the radical RW fundies of the GOP.

Byron York reports on the bewilderment of Romney supporters:

“I am shocked, I am blown away,” said Joe Sweeney, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. “I thought I had a pretty good pulse on this stuff. I thought there was a trend that was going on underground.”

It isn’t Mr. Sweeney’s fault that he believed this, or at least not entirely. He trusted conservative media and conservative pundits not to mislead him, and they let him down badly. There really was a difference this year between the standard loyalist whistling-past-the-graveyard that one sees in every election and a full-out effort among quite a few in the conservative media to deceive Romney’s supporters about the prospects of success. It’s one thing not to want to be defeatist or to give one’s “side” reasons to doubt its success, and quite another to be boldly announcing that major, overwhelming success is just around the corner when there is no good reason to expect it. I sympathize with people who supported Romney for good, principled reasons, because they were being lied to throughout the year. First, Romney lied to them that they could trust him, and then Romney’s boosters in conservative media lied to them by painting them a rosy portrait of the political landscape that they had to know was almost certainly wrong.

...Read More...

Source: Republicans Failed to Understand Their Opponent | The American Conservative

that's an interesting paradox atlanta. say that you're not bashing us but then call us right wing thick skulled fundies.
Well at any rate. I live in the bastion of rw fundies, southern Idaho just north of Utah, and we can still leave the keys in the ignition at night. I'll stick with being thick skulled.

Freedom loving people fail to understand marxism many times through history. Funny, pain and uselessness seems to win too damn often. We could elect someone that knows free market economics, but NO, we have to elect someone that cares more about a fish than a human being.

Last edited:
Here we go again, it was the "conservative media":lol:

you all notice after a election they go after of Freedoms of speech and to watch what ever the hell we feel like

that's an interesting paradox atlanta. say that you're not bashing us but then call us right wing thick skulled fundies.
Well at any rate. I live in the bastion of rw fundies, southern Idaho just north of Utah, and we can still leave the keys in the ignition at night. I'll stick with being thick skulled.

That has more to do with location and less to do with political ideology. There are rural parts of the blue states just next door to you where you can do the same thing.

If people on both sides of the isle would stop watching TV they would begin to see that there is no difference between the two parties so there's no real reason for anyone to celebrate.

"Yeah! the MSM fooled us all again! IN YOUR FACE!"

For republicans it was more a matter of ‘we have met the enemy and he is us.’

No, after Obama winning we who didn't vote for him are feeling like we are the enemy..it's thrown in peoples faces day in and day out..
I've never seen anything like it..

Well, it's coming from their own ranks now. So it's not the left that's misinterpreting or bashing them...it's coming from within. Hopefully this starts to seep into the thick skulls of the radical RW fundies of the GOP.

“I am shocked, I am blown away,” said Joe Sweeney, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. “I thought I had a pretty good pulse on this stuff. I thought there was a trend that was going on underground.”
It isn’t Mr. Sweeney’s fault that he believed this, or at least not entirely. He trusted conservative media and conservative pundits not to mislead him, and they let him down badly. There really was a difference this year between the standard loyalist whistling-past-the-graveyard that one sees in every election and a full-out effort among quite a few in the conservative media to deceive Romney’s supporters about the prospects of success. It’s one thing not to want to be defeatist or to give one’s “side” reasons to doubt its success, and quite another to be boldly announcing that major, overwhelming success is just around the corner when there is no good reason to expect it. I sympathize with people who supported Romney for good, principled reasons, because they were being lied to throughout the year. First, Romney lied to them that they could trust him, and then Romney’s boosters in conservative media lied to them by painting them a rosy portrait of the political landscape that they had to know was almost certainly wrong.

...Read More...

Source: Republicans Failed to Understand Their Opponent | The American Conservative
There's a reason the major polls showing Romney ahead on the last 2 days of voting didn't happen, but not to worry. Obama's mentor Jeremiah Wright actually delivered the self-fulfilling prophecy of the century.

For republicans it was more a matter of ‘we have met the enemy and he is us.’

No, after Obama winning we who didn't vote for him are feeling like we are the enemy..it's thrown in peoples faces day in and day out..
I've never seen anything like it..

This is the way marxism works. It divides the nation against it self.

I don't know why people vote for it outside of free shit.

Really?? Maybe you should think over leaving your keys in the ignition and your doors unlocked. It surprises me how many people in small American towns do that. Sometimes terrible crimes happen in those towns and its citizens say the same thing, "This doesn't happen here". Well, it does and to pretend otherwise is foolish.

Really?? Maybe you should think over leaving your keys in the ignition and your doors unlocked. It surprises me how many people in small American towns do that. Sometimes terrible crimes happen in those towns and its citizens say the same thing, "This doesn't happen here". Well, it does and to pretend otherwise is foolish.

LOL, the last most violent crime in northern Utah was this. but then....look at the demography.

Ogden Hi-Fi murders revisited - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

...Read More...

Obama won, Romney lost. Electoral count was landslide. The conservatives should rubber stamp all Obama initiatives. No curtailing. None. I'm not the voice, but that's my opinion.

Meanwhile, they should figure out what to do in two and four years if things don't turn around as forecasted.

there is no honor in winning "ugly" you fugly demoncraps.

$ss-121106-results-reaction-27_grid-9x2.jpg

You're such a bad sport, Willow dear.

Obama won, I do wish my fellow conservatives would see the benefits in reigning in their opposition. Give him free reign. Meanwhile, figure out a plausible plan for 2 and 4 years. In the meantime, support all his ideas, giving full credit to following the will of the people and the electoral landslide.

The left has failed to understand that when we; as a nation fall, there is no exemption form for liberals

Forum List

Back