Republicans Don't Understand Introspection

What we don't understand is how we elected an anti-American Marxist as President

What's a Marxist?

Republicans Don't Understand Introspection - well, there is not a lot they do understand. They express that by screaming dirty talk.

Yeah. That's Republican all right. All dirty talk. Like the asshat in this story:
U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner issued a stern warning punctuated with expletives to U.S. regulators to end turf battles and show support for President Barack Obama's plan to overhaul financial regulation, a person familiar with the situation said on Monday.

At a tense, hour-long meeting on Friday, Mr. Geithner told Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Mary Schapiro and Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Chairman Sheila Bair to end recent public criticism of the plan and stop airing concerns over their potential loss of authority.

Citing people familiar with the meeting, the [Wall Street Journal] also said that the Treasury Secretary used obscenities and took an aggressive stance in his dressing down of the regulators.

The Wall Street Journal, which first reported the meeting, said that Mr. Geithner vented frustration over the plan's slow progress and told regulators that “enough is enough”.

Get grip, tool.

Republicans, and their politicians, and media hounds apparently, don't understand the concept of introspection. They rarely look into their own feelings, motivations, and motives.

So, Obama goes out into the world, and shows a little of this concept, rarely used by republicans, as they are action driven, and don't really think about much, about whether anything is good for everyone around them, or right, or perhaps if it preys on others, or has bad motivations, and they all freak out. Oh, he hates America, he thinks we've been doing bad things.

But folks, no country, and no person is perfect. It is the tool of introspection through which we improve. I mean you don't have to sit around and worry if what you've done is wrong for all of your spare time, but it is helpful to occasionally take some time to think about whether you could have done a better job, in one way or the other. Might you have done something differently, or perhaps do something better in the future. Then, when you do, if you thoughtfully come to a conclusion, often you, or your country ends up being better.

You see, to republicans, we've never done anything wrong, or I guess that's the only idea they find acceptable that we put forward. Of course, anyone with a brain knows that idea is patently absurd. People screw up. Countries have inadequate leaders, and they screw up too. We do things for various motivations, like the war in Iraq, being all about oil, for one. Smedly Butler wrote a good book way back in the early 20th century about how our military is used for corporate benefits. Apparently we had banana wars going on in South, or Central America, for one. Our country was initially built on legalized pirating, well, we put a different word in usage, because as you know, we never actually call anything we do wrong! How crazy would it be to call it pirating??? No, we called it privateering. We made it legal just after the Revolutionary War, for our ships to just go around and take shit from other ships, you know, gold, silver, rare materials, muskets, just about anything those ships had on them, we could take. Nothing wrong with that right? I mean, we needed it, and our government pretty much said, hell, take their shit.

And there are the Indians, nothing wrong with the slaughter of a whole indigenous population.

Come on Sarah, and FAUX News, and any of the rest of you Republicans. We've done some pretty terrible shit. Now I don't expect you to own up to all of it, or to sit around and spend an ounce of your town hall yellin' time worrying about it. But at least face up to the fact that at times, we've done some pretty God-awful things. It doesn't make us a bad country, but our "behavior" was pretty darned bad. So, by looking at this "behavior," we examine our country's actions, and see if we can improve it, if we can make it better.

So, don't deceive yourselves. As good as we are, we can improve, we can get even better. And remember, anyone who tells you they are perfect, well, saying they are untrustworthy is an understatement. You should run the other way from anyone, or any candidate who says we're perfect, that we've never done anything wrong. How about slavery? Oh yea, I forgot, about 20 percent of you wish we still had it. Sorry, bad example.

You should seek office. The blame AMerica first club needs a President.

OKAY......thank you willow and frank...we have just heard from the teen ager segment of the population where dogs do eat homework and cars get dents in them by themselves.

An adult should look at situations with the honesty maturity allows and make judgements based on truth. Learning from ones mistakes make one or ones country stronger.

The USA is the most giving country on earth. We give tax dollars & personal donations & out--do every single other country on earth.

We are the world's beacon for liberty & opportunity. That is why so many around this world desire to live in this country--& will die trying to get here.

Now you have elected the "blame America first crowd's President." His apology tours are getting a little sickening.

Believe me, he has laid himself out there to be taken advantage of by every rogue dicator in the world--who is out for power & whom oppress their citizens. He has turned his back on our "true" allies--recently Poland--who is right there with us fighting Al Queda & the Taliban in Afganistan.

You have in essense--elected a man who is out to win a world-wide popularity contest & at the cost of our safety & our allies.

Last edited:

OKAY......thank you willow and frank...we have just heard from the teen ager segment of the population where dogs do eat homework and cars get dents in them by themselves.

An adult should look at situations with the honesty maturity allows and make judgements based on truth. Learning from ones mistakes make one or ones country stronger.

The USA is the most giving country on earth. We give tax dollars & personal donations & out--do every single other country on earth.

We are the world's beacon for liberty & opportunity. That is why so many around this world desire to live in this country--& will die trying to get here.

Now you have elected the "blame America first crowd's President." His apology tours are getting a little sickening.

Believe me, he has laid himself out there to be taken advantage of by every rogue dicator in the world--who is out for power & whom oppress their citizens. He has turned his back on our "true" allies--recently Poland--who is right there with us fighting Al Queda & the Taliban in Afganistan.

You have in essense--elected a man who is out to win a world-wide popularity contest & at the cost of our safety & our allies.

You should be sickened. America has done many great things. The contrast of what good it has achieved and the evil it has done hiding behind its goodness is truly sickening.

I've imagined what it must be like to storm the beaches of Normandy and end up in a French cemetary. only to have assholes all over the world give the US of KKKA the finger. many times. yep. many times. and then to have a whole brigade of dixie chicks say God Bless America? No NO NO God Damn America!

You do a great disservice to WW 2 veterans in comparing them to our excursions in the world since then.

WW 2 was the last war we really needed to be in, in which we were actually attacked by another country.

Yea, the media has pretty much driven out any empathetic qualities in people, as with empathy, you end up with more democrats. Spawning a new generation of people with only an interest in worshipping money, and with pretending to be religous, but not actually keeping to any religious tenets, sort of squeezes out any empathy.

Ah, I remember a time when we didn't execute folks, the most pre-meditated murder there is, the most barbaric of acts, but now, we've got throngs of people outside, with no deference to death, cheering and celebrating the injecticution of people. I don't expect people to celebrate the lives of killers, but with common decency, you at least have the proper amount of deference to those who are being killed by our government. But we've had the decency driven out of us, by our media. It's yet another thing you can blame them for, the right-wing media.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we have it folks! FINALLY a partisan has denounced the words of Jeremiah Wright.

I've imagined what it must be like to storm the beaches of Normandy and end up in a French cemetary. only to have assholes all over the world give the US of KKKA the finger. many times. yep. many times. and then to have a whole brigade of dixie chicks say God Bless America? No NO NO God Damn America!

You do a great disservice to WW 2 veterans in comparing them to our excursions in the world since then.

WW 2 was the last war we really needed to be in, in which we were actually attacked by another country.

Yea, the media has pretty much driven out any empathetic qualities in people, as with empathy, you end up with more democrats. Spawning a new generation of people with only an interest in worshipping money, and with pretending to be religous, but not actually keeping to any religious tenets, sort of squeezes out any empathy.

Ah, I remember a time when we didn't execute folks, the most pre-meditated murder there is, the most barbaric of acts, but now, we've got throngs of people outside, with no deference to death, cheering and celebrating the injecticution of people. I don't expect people to celebrate the lives of killers, but with common decency, you at least have the proper amount of deference to those who are being killed by our government. But we've had the decency driven out of us, by our media. It's yet another thing you can blame them for, the right-wing media.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we have it folks! FINALLY a partisan has denounced the words of Jeremiah Wright.

Yep a LIBERAL just outed Rev. Wright---:lol:

Maybe he could join up with President Obama on the next international "America Sucks" tour.

I'm always amazed at how most of you guys feel you can leave all the points unrebutted, and use the "a little slogan will do you," brillcream analogy.

You'd be in the America is perfect crowd, who sees slavery, indian genocide, privateering, killing people for oil, CIA coup in Iran that started all of this, all as good things? Face it, no country and no person is perfect. If you bothered to actually read, and understand the point, rather than leaning your mind-crippled ass on the cane of idiot sloganeering, then you'd see that introspection is a process that helps people get to a better place, in this case, a better America. But thinking you are perfect, on the other hand, well, in your case means you can just use a slogan, and it makes everything all right. It avoids thought. It avoids bettering of yourself.

What points are those??

You want Americans to apologize for the mistakes we've made?

Well I'll make you a deal. I'll start apologizing when the nations we've helped start paying us back for all the good things we've done. We were the ones that rushed in to help when there were floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. we helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. It was us Americans that lifted Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, out of the debris of war and we poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. It was us Americans that rebuilt the railways of France, Germany and India. It's us Americans that is the first to respond when earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and other natural disasters strike. I can name you hundreds of times when us Americans have rushed in to help other countries, from threats of war to natural disasters.

You name me one other country that has done more or gave more than the U.S.!! I'm one American that will not make apologies.

In Europe alone 104,366, Americans gave their lives to save the Europeans sorry asses.

1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France. A total of 2289 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium. A total of 5329 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France. A total of 4410 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

4. Brookwood, England American Cemetery. A total of 468 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

5. Cambridge, England. 3812 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

7. Flanders Field, Belgium. A total of 368 of our military. American Battle Monuments Commission

8. Florence, Italy. A total of 4402 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

9. Henri-Chapels, Belgium. A total of 7992 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

10. Lorraine, France. A total of 10,489 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg. A total of 5076 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

12. Meuse-Argonne. A total of 14246 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

13. Netherlands, Netherlands. A total of 8301 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

14. Normandy, France. A total of 9387 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

15. Oise-Aisne, France. A total of 6012 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

16. Rhone, France. A total of 861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

17. Sicily, Italy. A total of 7861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

18. Somme, France. A total of 1844 of our military dead American Battle Monuments Commission

19. St. Mihiel, France. A total of 4153 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

20. Suresnes, France. A total of 1541 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

Apologize to no one!!

Maybe he could join up with President Obama on the next international "America Sucks" tour.

I'm always amazed at how most of you guys feel you can leave all the points unrebutted, and use the "a little slogan will do you," brillcream analogy.

You'd be in the America is perfect crowd, who sees slavery, indian genocide, privateering, killing people for oil, CIA coup in Iran that started all of this, all as good things? Face it, no country and no person is perfect. If you bothered to actually read, and understand the point, rather than leaning your mind-crippled ass on the cane of idiot sloganeering, then you'd see that introspection is a process that helps people get to a better place, in this case, a better America. But thinking you are perfect, on the other hand, well, in your case means you can just use a slogan, and it makes everything all right. It avoids thought. It avoids bettering of yourself.

What points are those??

Well I'll make you a deal. I'll start apologizing when the nations we've helped start paying us back for all the good things we've done. We were the ones that rushed in to help when there were floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. we helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. It was us Americans that lifted Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, out of the debris of war and we poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. It was us Americans that rebuilt the railways of France, Germany and India. It's us Americans that is the first to respond when earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and other natural disasters strike. I can name you hundreds of times when us Americans have rushed in to help other countries, from threats of war to natural disasters.

You name me one other country that has done more or gave more than the U.S.!! I'm one American that will not make apologies.

In Europe alone 104,366, Americans gave their lives to save the Europeans sorry asses.

1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France. A total of 2289 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium. A total of 5329 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France. A total of 4410 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

4. Brookwood, England American Cemetery. A total of 468 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

5. Cambridge, England. 3812 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

7. Flanders Field, Belgium. A total of 368 of our military. American Battle Monuments Commission

8. Florence, Italy. A total of 4402 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

9. Henri-Chapels, Belgium. A total of 7992 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

10. Lorraine, France. A total of 10,489 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg. A total of 5076 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

12. Meuse-Argonne. A total of 14246 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

13. Netherlands, Netherlands. A total of 8301 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

14. Normandy, France. A total of 9387 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

15. Oise-Aisne, France. A total of 6012 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

16. Rhone, France. A total of 861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

17. Sicily, Italy. A total of 7861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

18. Somme, France. A total of 1844 of our military dead American Battle Monuments Commission

19. St. Mihiel, France. A total of 4153 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

20. Suresnes, France. A total of 1541 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

Apologize to no one!!

It is too bad you don't know the difference between sacrifice and what the sacrifice was for.

By your chest thumping logic the germans and the japoneezz had nothing to appologise for either because they lost hundreds of thousands of soldiers.

Republicans, and their politicians, and media hounds apparently, don't understand the concept of introspection. They rarely look into their own feelings, motivations, and motives.

So, Obama goes out into the world, and shows a little of this concept, rarely used by republicans, as they are action driven, and don't really think about much, about whether anything is good for everyone around them, or right, or perhaps if it preys on others, or has bad motivations, and they all freak out. Oh, he hates America, he thinks we've been doing bad things.

But folks, no country, and no person is perfect. It is the tool of introspection through which we improve. I mean you don't have to sit around and worry if what you've done is wrong for all of your spare time, but it is helpful to occasionally take some time to think about whether you could have done a better job, in one way or the other. Might you have done something differently, or perhaps do something better in the future. Then, when you do, if you thoughtfully come to a conclusion, often you, or your country ends up being better.

You see, to republicans, we've never done anything wrong, or I guess that's the only idea they find acceptable that we put forward. Of course, anyone with a brain knows that idea is patently absurd. People screw up. Countries have inadequate leaders, and they screw up too. We do things for various motivations, like the war in Iraq, being all about oil, for one. Smedly Butler wrote a good book way back in the early 20th century about how our military is used for corporate benefits. Apparently we had banana wars going on in South, or Central America, for one. Our country was initially built on legalized pirating, well, we put a different word in usage, because as you know, we never actually call anything we do wrong! How crazy would it be to call it pirating??? No, we called it privateering. We made it legal just after the Revolutionary War, for our ships to just go around and take shit from other ships, you know, gold, silver, rare materials, muskets, just about anything those ships had on them, we could take. Nothing wrong with that right? I mean, we needed it, and our government pretty much said, hell, take their shit.

And there are the Indians, nothing wrong with the slaughter of a whole indigenous population.

Come on Sarah, and FAUX News, and any of the rest of you Republicans. We've done some pretty terrible shit. Now I don't expect you to own up to all of it, or to sit around and spend an ounce of your town hall yellin' time worrying about it. But at least face up to the fact that at times, we've done some pretty God-awful things. It doesn't make us a bad country, but our "behavior" was pretty darned bad. So, by looking at this "behavior," we examine our country's actions, and see if we can improve it, if we can make it better.

So, don't deceive yourselves. As good as we are, we can improve, we can get even better. And remember, anyone who tells you they are perfect, well, saying they are untrustworthy is an understatement. You should run the other way from anyone, or any candidate who says we're perfect, that we've never done anything wrong. How about slavery? Oh yea, I forgot, about 20 percent of you wish we still had it. Sorry, bad example.

Of course there is a difference between fantasy based introspection and reality based introspection. Those on the political extremes have a stonge tendency to use the former not the latter.

What points are those??

Apologize to no one!!

It is too bad you don't know the difference between sacrifice and what the sacrifice was for.

By your chest thumping logic the germans and the japoneezz had nothing to appologise for either because they lost hundreds of thousands of soldiers.

You can sympathize with them fucks all you want you fucking pussy!!

What points are those??

Apologize to no one!!

I think it's cute when you get mad. I bet it drives em wild when you play your bunkhouse games.

I think it's cute when you get mad. I bet it drives em wild when you play your bunkhouse games.

You've never seen me mad. People like you amuse the shit out of me. Although I do feel sorry for your parents and for any offspring you may have.

Bunkhouse games? I don't even want to know!!!

And if Liberals would get their collective heads out of their collective asses they might see America as the country that liberated millions of people from totalitarianism (and more when we vote Obama out), that has inspired many more millions to take control of their own destiny, that has provided economic opportunity to literally billions of people both here and abroad, and has done more for more people than any other country in history.
Mistakes? Yeah. But look at all the good we've done and the mistakes are insignificant by comparison.
Liberals always see the glass as half empty. So they discount the greatness of America and carp on one or two things.
Indians? They're still here, right? Where are the indigenous peoples of England, France, Japan, or Australia?

The indigenous English descendants (Britons) are primarily in Cornwall and Wales. The indigenous French - dunno. Japan, the Ainu are pretty much a despised racial minority. Australia - 2% of the population.

America is a great country but not without flaws. But then what country is without flaws? Only the most closed-minded nationalist could possibly think otherwise.

What points are those??

Apologize to no one!!

Britain paid back its war debt to the United States several years ago.

Britain after WWII could have done with some help from the US but I think the US was too busy with the beginning of the Cold War so the Brits elected a socialist government to rebuild the shattered country, so spare me from claims of altruism. Altruism is the worst possible reason for foreign policy, give me self-interest every time.

What points are those??

Apologize to no one!!

Britain after WWII could have done with some help from the US but I think the US was too busy with the beginning of the Cold War so the Brits elected a socialist government to rebuild the shattered country, so spare me from claims of altruism. Altruism is the worst possible reason for foreign policy, give me self-interest every time.
Absolutely 100% agreed that self-interest is the driving force behind foreign policy. I would bet that is true for every nation on the planet. In our foreign policy we do nothing different than others in that respect. I have no shame in admitting that. However, a bit off your point, I see little reason to apologize for it, either. It's natural and normal.

What points are those??

Apologize to no one!!

Absolutely 100% agreed that self-interest is the driving force behind foreign policy. I would bet that is true for every nation on the planet. In our foreign policy we do nothing different than others in that respect. I have no shame in admitting that. However, a bit off your point, I see little reason to apologize for it, either. It's natural and normal.

If I can go off point a little more. In the flame wars that sometimes erupt between erstwhile and contemporary allies someone (must be a form of internet law we can dream up for this) will ask why the US waited until 1941 to get into WWII.

Hello?

No overwhelming national interest? How does that sound?

It gives me the runs when people do that. No nation, if it has any bloody sense at all, will go to war without there being an absolutely compelling and overwhelming case of national interest to be made, they'd have to impeach the idiots who wanted it any other way.

What points are those??

Apologize to no one!!

the UK received $3.2BB under the Marshall Plan, about 25% of the total spent.adjusted for inflation, that's roughly $29BB.

i'd say that helped a bit with rebuilding.

What truths are those, witless? BE SPECIFIC... You advocate for an ideology which has failed or is presently failing, everywhere on earth that such has been applied and you want to proclaim yourself, your elected leaders and your ideology as being sensitive to "LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES?"

There is no species of reasoning in the history of humanity which has realized more pain and suffering; more death and destruction; more chaos, calamity and catastrophe than that for which you advocate; and you want to stand on THAT, to PROCLAIM THAT imperfections present in AMERICA... the concept which has brought more freedom, more prosperity, more good to the species of humanity than ANY OTHER IN THE SCOPE OF OUR EXISTANCE as being worthy of the CONTEMPT which is being fostered through the subjective introspection of those who stand against everything that CONCEPT REPRESENTS?

ROFLMNAO... Oh GOD! Now THAT IS PRECIOUS!

You people truly are LOATHESOME idiots...

Last edited:

What points are those??

Apologize to no one!!

Seriously? Can you be advancing this drivel when the member to which you're responding made it perfectly clear that the SACRIFICES were made FREELY, by Americans to PUSH BACK THE TYRANNY OF THOSE YOU HOLD UP AS EQUITABLE?

You, the individual posting that nonsense... PERSONALLY... YOU are a subversive moron of incalculable depravity...

Forum List

Back