Republicans Don't Understand Introspection

I'm always amazed at how most of you guys feel you can leave all the points unrebutted, and use the "a little slogan will do you," brillcream analogy.

You'd be in the America is perfect crowd, who sees slavery, indian genocide, privateering, killing people for oil, CIA coup in Iran that started all of this, all as good things? Face it, no country and no person is perfect. If you bothered to actually read, and understand the point, rather than leaning your mind-crippled ass on the cane of idiot sloganeering, then you'd see that introspection is a process that helps people get to a better place, in this case, a better America. But thinking you are perfect, on the other hand, well, in your case means you can just use a slogan, and it makes everything all right. It avoids thought. It avoids bettering of yourself.

What points are those??

You want Americans to apologize for the mistakes we've made?

Well I'll make you a deal. I'll start apologizing when the nations we've helped start paying us back for all the good things we've done. We were the ones that rushed in to help when there were floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. we helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. It was us Americans that lifted Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, out of the debris of war and we poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. It was us Americans that rebuilt the railways of France, Germany and India. It's us Americans that is the first to respond when earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and other natural disasters strike. I can name you hundreds of times when us Americans have rushed in to help other countries, from threats of war to natural disasters.

You name me one other country that has done more or gave more than the U.S.!! I'm one American that will not make apologies.

In Europe alone 104,366, Americans gave their lives to save the Europeans sorry asses.

1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France. A total of 2289 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium. A total of 5329 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France. A total of 4410 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

4. Brookwood, England American Cemetery. A total of 468 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

5. Cambridge, England. 3812 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

7. Flanders Field, Belgium. A total of 368 of our military. American Battle Monuments Commission

8. Florence, Italy. A total of 4402 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

9. Henri-Chapels, Belgium. A total of 7992 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

10. Lorraine, France. A total of 10,489 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg. A total of 5076 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

12. Meuse-Argonne. A total of 14246 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

13. Netherlands, Netherlands. A total of 8301 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

14. Normandy, France. A total of 9387 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

15. Oise-Aisne, France. A total of 6012 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

16. Rhone, France. A total of 861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

17. Sicily, Italy. A total of 7861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

18. Somme, France. A total of 1844 of our military dead American Battle Monuments Commission

19. St. Mihiel, France. A total of 4153 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

20. Suresnes, France. A total of 1541 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

Apologize to no one!!

Britain paid back its war debt to the United States several years ago.

ROFLMNAO... Not even CLOSE! Europe could not sell off the sum of its parts and ever hope to repay the US for what we gave them...

What we don't understand is how we elected an anti-American Marxist as President

What's a Marxist?

Republicans Don't Understand Introspection - well, there is not a lot they do understand. They express that by screaming dirty talk.

^ the above quoted post is hereby nominated in the category of "the most idiotic, drooling, mindless, boring, cliche-ridden and cliche-dependent piece of crap posted at USMB, September 2009."

Congratulations to rdork.

What we don't understand is how we elected an anti-American Marxist as President

What's a Marxist?

Republicans Don't Understand Introspection - well, there is not a lot they do understand. They express that by screaming dirty talk.

^ the above quoted post is hereby nominated in the category of "the most idiotic, drooling, mindless, boring, cliche-ridden and cliche-dependent piece of crap posted at USMB, September 2009."

Congratulations to rdork.

"Screaming Dirty Talk"?...

:lol:

:)

peace...

I checked with my "feelings" this morning and they tell me that they feel like we have elected the worst President ever.

Unemployment skyrocketing, yet he insists on a health care plan no one can buy because they don't have jobs, Cap and Trade will cause the increase of every Americans utility bills between 1,500 to 3,000 a year that no one can afford because they don't have jobs.

" It's the economy stupid!!" My "feelings" have spoken loud and clear.

I checked with my "feelings" this morning and they tell me that they feel like we have elected the worst President ever.

Unemployment skyrocketing, yet he insists on a health care plan no one can buy because they don't have jobs, Cap and Trade will cause the increase of every Americans utility bills between 1,500 to 3,000 a year that no one can afford because they don't have jobs.

Unemployment went from the 5's to over 8% by the time Barry took the Oath...

Unemployment is NOT Climbing at the same Rate it was 6 months or a year ago, and that's not to Credit Barry, but you also can't Fault him for something that was WELL Underway when he Took Office.

peace...

Unemployment went from the 5's to over 8% by the time Barry took the Oath...

Unemployment is NOT Climbing at the same Rate it was 6 months or a year ago, and that's not to Credit Barry, but you also can't Fault him for something that was WELL Underway when he Took Office.

peace...

He promised that his porkulus plan would prevent unemployment from rising to 8%. Well now its nearly 10% and in many states a lot higher than that.
For all the lipstick the admin wants to put on this pig, it is still a pig. And Obama owns it. Unemployment continues to go up. The recovery is soggy at best.
Meanwhile the Euros, who didnt engage in the kind of crud Obama did, are seeing decent recoveries.

Wow, figured this one would've dropped to the second or third page by now. But it is poignant, and I think something most republicans don't see about themselves. It's in the things other people realize about you, that you don't realize about yourself window, of the Joe-Harry window.

Wow, figured this one would've dropped to the second or third page by now. But it is poignant, and I think something most republicans don't see about themselves. It's in the things other people realize about you, that you don't realize about yourself window, of the Joe-Harry window.

Now there is a level headed statement far different from and better than the ignorance in the OP.

It's a perfectly relevant question, Lancelot....What's the harm in answering it?

Ummmm??? perhaps it is irellevant to me because I do not speak for dems or liberals.

Neo cons biggest failing is that they do not own up to nor do they learn from thier many mistakes.

I find that hopefull and wish them well on thier path to self destruction. Then maybe intelligence will find its way back into the republican party.

Frank is not a republican. He only seeks power for his fundimentalist christian fascist viewpoint and is using the republican monikar for his advantage. A true republican believes in country first. Franks only REAL interest is anti-abortion and is willing to destroy anything and everything meaningful in our country to achieve his goals. Heis a traitor working from within.

You dud are a hollywood imbicile that jumps on the most convenient bandwagon to get attention for your weak ego. God I hate californians! They are the most self absorbed assholes on the planet.
Right....Post a long-winded poo flinging deflection, rather than answer the question.

Here, have a banana.

What is it with you and the handling of feces. Did you have issues during potty training?

Well, the DEMOCRATS don't understand FORESIGHT. They can't see past their noses as to how decisions and actions will play out down the road, and either refuse to learn from past experiences, or are just too base in their thinking to understand the ramifications of hasty short-range decisions.

They are of the "me, my, mine, I want it all and I want it now" mentality, without regard to the whole of the situation.

Last edited:
You should seek office. The blame AMerica first club needs a President.

OKAY......thank you willow and frank...we have just heard from the teen ager segment of the population where dogs do eat homework and cars get dents in them by themselves.

An adult should look at situations with the honesty maturity allows and make judgements based on truth. Learning from ones mistakes make one or ones country stronger.

What truths are those, witless? BE SPECIFIC... You advocate for an ideology which has failed or is presently failing, everywhere on earth that such has been applied and you want to proclaim yourself, your elected leaders and your ideology as being sensitive to "LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES?"

There is no species of reasoning in the history of humanity which has realized more pain and suffering; more death and destruction; more chaos, calamity and catastrophe than that for which you advocate; and you want to stand on THAT, to PROCLAIM THAT imperfections present in AMERICA... the concept which has brought more freedom, more prosperity, more good to the species of humanity than ANY OTHER IN THE SCOPE OF OUR EXISTANCE as being worthy of the CONTEMPT which is being fostered through the subjective introspection of those who stand against everything that CONCEPT REPRESENTS?

ROFLMNAO... Oh GOD! Now THAT IS PRECIOUS!

You people truly are LOATHESOME idiots...

You cannot "bring" freedom. It must be demanded and delivered from within. Example...USA

He promised that his porkulus plan would prevent unemployment from rising to 8%. .

Let me Repeat...

It was OVER 8% by the Time he Took the Oath...

Stupid Statement, but it still doesn't make him Responsible for it Reaching 8%.

Another is the Assumption that the Porkulus that doesn't have any Real Affect until 2010, is doing ANYTHING right now.

peace...

Well, the DEMOCRATS don't understand FORESIGHT. They can't see past their noses as to how decisions and actions will play out down the road, and either refuse to learn from past experiences, or are just too base in their thinking to understand the ramifications of hasty short-range decisions.

They are of the "me, my, mine, I want it all and I want it now" mentality, without regard to the whole of the situation.
Isn't that people in general today?

I was gonna say that, rep for rodishi

Uh, there are still some with wisdom out there who are protesting, marching, praying, and many more like-minded who don't, or can't take part in such activities.

Sadly, the majority ("people in general" of which you speak) has become the "gimme" side...at least for now. Hopefully, wiser minds will soon rise above the imbicilic mentality of those in charge at this time, and will be able to reform our country into the strong power and presence we once proudly hailed.

Last edited:

No.

It IS, sadly, a whole LOT of people, though. I see no evidence that it is the majority. Have you got something in mind along those lines?

Last edited:
It's really kind of funny.

Almost every post I've read for the first three pages, from Republicans, Demonstrates my point to be true. You guys just don't get it. Introspection, looking at yourself, or your country, with a critical eye, then you seek to improve past behaviors.

Yes, slavery was repealed, but we did the deed. We enslaved human beings, which is a terrible thing. We exterminated indians, we broke treaties, terrible things. We had child labor.

Only through introspection as a country, have we made progress, and conservative types, for the most part, where against this introspection, and improvement, as it represents change, another thing Republicans don't like.

So thanks, thanks for demonstrating how right-on this post of mine was. You just don't get it. We all know America has done great things, but we've done terrible things, we've started wars, we've inserted ourselves in many civil wars. And of course, our media always told us repeatedly how wonderful we were in doing it, while we killed millions of people. Simple minded folks never doubted the media, feeling their warm hand pat them on the head, and stroke their fur, like little lap dogs.

But it has been introspection that has led us fixing problems. Lincolns introspection freed slaves, though if you guys had been around, you'd have been saying he was in the "hate America first club."

It's really kind of funny.

Almost every post I've read for the first three pages, from Republicans, Demonstrates my point to be true. You guys just don't get it. Introspection, looking at yourself, or your country, with a critical eye, then you seek to improve past behaviors.

Yes, slavery was repealed, but we did the deed. We enslaved human beings, which is a terrible thing. We exterminated indians, we broke treaties, terrible things. We had child labor.

Only through introspection as a country, have we made progress, and conservative types, for the most part, where against this introspection, and improvement, as it represents change, another thing Republicans don't like.

So thanks, thanks for demonstrating how right-on this post of mine was. You just don't get it. We all know America has done great things, but we've done terrible things, we've started wars, we've inserted ourselves in many civil wars. And of course, our media always told us repeatedly how wonderful we were in doing it, while we killed millions of people. Simple minded folks never doubted the media, feeling their warm hand pat them on the head, and stroke their fur, like little lap dogs.

But it has been introspection that has led us fixing problems. Lincolns introspection freed slaves, though if you guys had been around, you'd have been saying he was in the "hate America first club."

What's even funnier is that you pretend to speak from a vantage point of objectivity while engaging in nothing but unsupported sweeping generalizations.

You don't even comprehend how silly you come across. You just aren't that introspective, evidently.

Last edited:
Maybe he could join up with President Obama on the next international "America Sucks" tour.

I'm always amazed at how most of you guys feel you can leave all the points unrebutted, and use the "a little slogan will do you," brillcream analogy.

You'd be in the America is perfect crowd, who sees slavery, indian genocide, privateering, killing people for oil, CIA coup in Iran that started all of this, all as good things? Face it, no country and no person is perfect. If you bothered to actually read, and understand the point, rather than leaning your mind-crippled ass on the cane of idiot sloganeering, then you'd see that introspection is a process that helps people get to a better place, in this case, a better America. But thinking you are perfect, on the other hand, well, in your case means you can just use a slogan, and it makes everything all right. It avoids thought. It avoids bettering of yourself.

What points are those??

You want Americans to apologize for the mistakes we've made?

Well I'll make you a deal. I'll start apologizing when the nations we've helped start paying us back for all the good things we've done. We were the ones that rushed in to help when there were floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. we helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. It was us Americans that lifted Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, out of the debris of war and we poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. It was us Americans that rebuilt the railways of France, Germany and India. It's us Americans that is the first to respond when earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and other natural disasters strike. I can name you hundreds of times when us Americans have rushed in to help other countries, from threats of war to natural disasters.

You name me one other country that has done more or gave more than the U.S.!! I'm one American that will not make apologies.

In Europe alone 104,366, Americans gave their lives to save the Europeans sorry asses.

1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France. A total of 2289 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium. A total of 5329 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France. A total of 4410 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

4. Brookwood, England American Cemetery. A total of 468 of our dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

5. Cambridge, England. 3812 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

7. Flanders Field, Belgium. A total of 368 of our military. American Battle Monuments Commission

8. Florence, Italy. A total of 4402 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

9. Henri-Chapels, Belgium. A total of 7992 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

10. Lorraine, France. A total of 10,489 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg. A total of 5076 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

12. Meuse-Argonne. A total of 14246 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

13. Netherlands, Netherlands. A total of 8301 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

14. Normandy, France. A total of 9387 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

15. Oise-Aisne, France. A total of 6012 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

16. Rhone, France. A total of 861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

17. Sicily, Italy. A total of 7861 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

18. Somme, France. A total of 1844 of our military dead American Battle Monuments Commission

19. St. Mihiel, France. A total of 4153 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

20. Suresnes, France. A total of 1541 of our military dead. American Battle Monuments Commission

Apologize to no one!!

Once again, WW2, the last war we were actually attacked, and that we should have been in. The French, of course, helped us in the Revolutionary War, if you'll remember. This is a kind of selective forgetting that has been popular with Republicans.

Doing one good thing in your life does not mean that you shouldn't apologize to someone, even the same person that you've done good for, if you screw up. But if you watch deceptive media, that lies to you constantly, then you won't realize that.

Forum List

Back