Republicans Don't Understand Introspection

pal_of_poor

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2009
Republicans, and their politicians, and media hounds apparently, don't understand the concept of introspection. They rarely look into their own feelings, motivations, and motives.

So, Obama goes out into the world, and shows a little of this concept, rarely used by republicans, as they are action driven, and don't really think about much, about whether anything is good for everyone around them, or right, or perhaps if it preys on others, or has bad motivations, and they all freak out. Oh, he hates America, he thinks we've been doing bad things.

But folks, no country, and no person is perfect. It is the tool of introspection through which we improve. I mean you don't have to sit around and worry if what you've done is wrong for all of your spare time, but it is helpful to occasionally take some time to think about whether you could have done a better job, in one way or the other. Might you have done something differently, or perhaps do something better in the future. Then, when you do, if you thoughtfully come to a conclusion, often you, or your country ends up being better.

You see, to republicans, we've never done anything wrong, or I guess that's the only idea they find acceptable that we put forward. Of course, anyone with a brain knows that idea is patently absurd. People screw up. Countries have inadequate leaders, and they screw up too. We do things for various motivations, like the war in Iraq, being all about oil, for one. Smedly Butler wrote a good book way back in the early 20th century about how our military is used for corporate benefits. Apparently we had banana wars going on in South, or Central America, for one. Our country was initially built on legalized pirating, well, we put a different word in usage, because as you know, we never actually call anything we do wrong! How crazy would it be to call it pirating??? No, we called it privateering. We made it legal just after the Revolutionary War, for our ships to just go around and take shit from other ships, you know, gold, silver, rare materials, muskets, just about anything those ships had on them, we could take. Nothing wrong with that right? I mean, we needed it, and our government pretty much said, hell, take their shit.

And there are the Indians, nothing wrong with the slaughter of a whole indigenous population.

Come on Sarah, and FAUX News, and any of the rest of you Republicans. We've done some pretty terrible shit. Now I don't expect you to own up to all of it, or to sit around and spend an ounce of your town hall yellin' time worrying about it. But at least face up to the fact that at times, we've done some pretty God-awful things. It doesn't make us a bad country, but our "behavior" was pretty darned bad. So, by looking at this "behavior," we examine our country's actions, and see if we can improve it, if we can make it better.

So, don't deceive yourselves. As good as we are, we can improve, we can get even better. And remember, anyone who tells you they are perfect, well, saying they are untrustworthy is an understatement. You should run the other way from anyone, or any candidate who says we're perfect, that we've never done anything wrong. How about slavery? Oh yea, I forgot, about 20 percent of you wish we still had it. Sorry, bad example.

Republicans, and their politicians, and media hounds apparently, don't understand the concept of introspection. They rarely look into their own feelings, motivations, and motives.

So, Obama goes out into the world, and shows a little of this concept, rarely used by republicans, as they are action driven, and don't really think about much, about whether anything is good for everyone around them, or right, or perhaps if it preys on others, or has bad motivations, and they all freak out. Oh, he hates America, he thinks we've been doing bad things.

But folks, no country, and no person is perfect. It is the tool of introspection through which we improve. I mean you don't have to sit around and worry if what you've done is wrong for all of your spare time, but it is helpful to occasionally take some time to think about whether you could have done a better job, in one way or the other. Might you have done something differently, or perhaps do something better in the future. Then, when you do, if you thoughtfully come to a conclusion, often you, or your country ends up being better.

You see, to republicans, we've never done anything wrong, or I guess that's the only idea they find acceptable that we put forward. Of course, anyone with a brain knows that idea is patently absurd. People screw up. Countries have inadequate leaders, and they screw up too. We do things for various motivations, like the war in Iraq, being all about oil, for one. Smedly Butler wrote a good book way back in the early 20th century about how our military is used for corporate benefits. Apparently we had banana wars going on in South, or Central America, for one. Our country was initially built on legalized pirating, well, we put a different word in usage, because as you know, we never actually call anything we do wrong! How crazy would it be to call it pirating??? No, we called it privateering. We made it legal just after the Revolutionary War, for our ships to just go around and take shit from other ships, you know, gold, silver, rare materials, muskets, just about anything those ships had on them, we could take. Nothing wrong with that right? I mean, we needed it, and our government pretty much said, hell, take their shit.

And there are the Indians, nothing wrong with the slaughter of a whole indigenous population.

Come on Sarah, and FAUX News, and any of the rest of you Republicans. We've done some pretty terrible shit. Now I don't expect you to own up to all of it, or to sit around and spend an ounce of your town hall yellin' time worrying about it. But at least face up to the fact that at times, we've done some pretty God-awful things. It doesn't make us a bad country, but our "behavior" was pretty darned bad. So, by looking at this "behavior," we examine our country's actions, and see if we can improve it, if we can make it better.

So, don't deceive yourselves. As good as we are, we can improve, we can get even better. And remember, anyone who tells you they are perfect, well, saying they are untrustworthy is an understatement. You should run the other way from anyone, or any candidate who says we're perfect, that we've never done anything wrong. How about slavery? Oh yea, I forgot, about 20 percent of you wish we still had it. Sorry, bad example.

You should seek office. The blame AMerica first club needs a President.

They already have Barack Hussein Obama

OKAY......thank you willow and frank...we have just heard from the teen ager segment of the population where dogs do eat homework and cars get dents in them by themselves.

An adult should look at situations with the honesty maturity allows and make judgements based on truth. Learning from ones mistakes make one or ones country stronger.

OKAY......thank you willow and frank...we have just heard from the teen ager segment of the population where dogs do eat homework and cars get dents in them by themselves.

An adult should look at situations with the honesty maturity allows and make judgements based on truth. Learning from ones mistakes make one or ones country stronger.

How's that War on Poverty going, you little shit flinging Monkey?

What have Libruls EVER Learned except how to throw more of our money at stuff?

Good one frankie ... looking back on my last post I see exactly what you are saying:cuckoo:

and we'll nominate you for vP of hate america first. damn we on a roll here.

Good one frankie ... looking back on my last post I see exactly what you are saying:cuckoo:
It's a perfectly relevant question, Lancelot....What's the harm in answering it?

One of the ways I tend to judge people (regardless of their political persausion) is to see if they are capable of imagining what it must be like to be in somebody else's shoes.

I canot help but note that those who simply cannot possibly imagine what walking a mile in another man's shoes would be like tend to be complete assholes.

And, FWIW, I find about the same lack of imagination in the Ds and Rs.

I've imagined what it must be like to storm the beaches of Normandy and end up in a French cemetary. only to have assholes all over the world give the US of KKKA the finger. many times. yep. many times. and then to have a whole brigade of dixie chicks say God Bless America? No NO NO God Damn America!

It's a perfectly relevant question, Lancelot....What's the harm in answering it?

Ummmm??? perhaps it is irellevant to me because I do not speak for dems or liberals.

Neo cons biggest failing is that they do not own up to nor do they learn from thier many mistakes.

I find that hopefull and wish them well on thier path to self destruction. Then maybe intelligence will find its way back into the republican party.

Frank is not a republican. He only seeks power for his fundimentalist christian fascist viewpoint and is using the republican monikar for his advantage. A true republican believes in country first. Franks only REAL interest is anti-abortion and is willing to destroy anything and everything meaningful in our country to achieve his goals. Heis a traitor working from within.

You dud are a hollywood imbicile that jumps on the most convenient bandwagon to get attention for your weak ego. God I hate californians! They are the most self absorbed assholes on the planet.

Maybe he could join up with President Obama on the next international "America Sucks" tour.

You should seek office. The blame 'mer'ca first club needs a President.

Wow, you are so talented! See what you did there? You repeated some words someone put into your head, way to go. Next, hopefully, we can train you to feed yourself too! If I could I'd give you a little right-wing doggie treat. How does it feel to be such a good boy, you went on the paper, good boy!! Are you wagging your tail too?

Ummmm??? perhaps it is irellevant to me because I do not speak for dems or liberals.

Neo cons biggest failing is that they do not own up to nor do they learn from thier many mistakes.

I find that hopefull and wish them well on thier path to self destruction. Then maybe intelligence will find its way back into the republican party.

Frank is not a republican. He only seeks power for his fundimentalist christian fascist viewpoint and is using the republican monikar for his advantage. A true republican believes in country first. Franks only REAL interest is anti-abortion and is willing to destroy anything and everything meaningful in our country to achieve his goals. Heis a traitor working from within.

You dud are a hollywood imbicile that jumps on the most convenient bandwagon to get attention for your weak ego. God I hate californians! They are the most self absorbed assholes on the planet.
You DUDE, need to learn how to spell. Seriously, you're not very bright. Just reading this highlighted post proves that you're a friggin' dumbass!
Nice glasses BTW!
$12.95 Foster Grants from CVS pharmacy or Wallmart. Yeah, you're one cool DUDE alright!
You hate Californians?
GOOD!
Keep your ass in whatever podunk, dirtwater town you're from. You show up here, i'll kick the shit out of ya'!

Wow, you are so talented! See what you did there? You repeated some words someone put into your head, way to go. Next, hopefully, we can train you to feed yourself too! If I could I'd give you a little right-wing doggie treat. How does it feel to be such a good boy, you went on the paper, good boy!! Are you wagging your tail too?
You haven't an ounce of room to bitch about a thing, pal. In your first line of your OP you used a logical fallacy. How does it feel to expose yourself so soon?

You haven't an ounce of room to bitch about a thing, pal. In your first line of your OP you used a logical fallacy. How does it feel to expose yourself so soon?

he pees on paper, what do you expect?

Forum List

Back