Republicans deserve what they get

If we want more Americans working at better jobs than Walmart, etc., then we need to make college education more easily attainable for your average American citizen who doesn't have a shit ton of money to spare.
It already is. Stop swallowing the absurd left-wing false narrative. Every single American can get a 100% free education.

Where is this happening? Post some links please. Thanks.

If we want more Americans working at better jobs than Walmart, etc., then we need to make college education more easily attainable for your average American citizen who doesn't have a shit ton of money to spare.
It already is. Stop swallowing the absurd left-wing false narrative. Every single American can get a 100% free education.

Nothing is "free." Lol.

College education is no longer a "privilege" in today's society. It is a necessity if you want to have skills to offer an employer. Therefore, the cost of a college education needs to be more attainable for more people.

HELP pay. HELP. That is not paying 100% as you claimed. College is still very, very expensive and out of the reach of many Americans.
It will cover 100% of your tuition. Period. Read the story instead of just glancing at the title.

College professors and admins are known to have quite bloated salaries. At the same time, you can't expect to have qualified teachers if you are offering peanuts for a paycheck. There are some really complicated issues involved that would not be easily solved to the satisfaction of all parties involved. However, if you want to have a successful and education country and people, then there need to be changes in how we do secondary education.

HELP pay. HELP. That is not paying 100% as you claimed. College is still very, very expensive and out of the reach of many Americans.
It will cover 100% of your tuition. Period. Read the story instead of just glancing at the title.

It says tuition assistance, and one site even says that they will only pay up to $5,250 as reimbursement towards tuition costs. Doesn't say ANYTHING about reimbursing 100% of tuition costs, which even they would probably be unable to afford.

It says tuition assistance, and one site even says that they will only pay up to $5,250 as reimbursement towards tuition costs.
And that would more than cover an associates degree. Then you take that associates degree and you land an even better job making more money with even better tuition reimbursement benefits.

College education is no longer a "privilege" in today's society. It is a necessity if you want to have skills to offer an employer. Therefore, the cost of a college education needs to be more attainable for more people.

wow... that was actually kind of sensible.

What have you done with the real ChrisL, you fiend?

But seriously, the problem is one that I've discussed in other posts.

Back in the 1980's, when I went to UIC ("Go Flames", said no one, ever), tuition for UIC was only about $1500 a year in 1985 dollars, or $3500 in modern dollars. Today it's $11,000.

Meanwhile, the minimum wage hasn't kept up. You could pay the tuition for UIC working 10 hours a week at a minimum wage job. (Mostly, I didn't have to because the Army was kind enough to pick that up for me).

Today, you'd have to work a full 30 hours a week just to pay tuition at UIC. that doesn't include the 3000 a year in fees that pay for things such as the sports teams that no one cares about. (Again, Go Flames, said no one ever.)

It says tuition assistance, and one site even says that they will only pay up to $5,250 as reimbursement towards tuition costs.
And that would more than cover an associates degree. Then you take that associates degree and you land an even better job making more money with even better tuition reimbursement benefits.

Errr. No. Even to get an associates degree at a community college costs more than 5 grand. Lol. When was the last time YOU paid for tuition? A long time ago, apparently.

There are some really complicated issues involved that would not be easily solved to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
It’s not “complicated” at all. In the 1940’s, Harvard cost $400 a year. So why has it outpaced cost of living by a billion percent? Because government got involved and started throwing money at the problem.

Take away all loans, government subsidies, etc. and watch how fast tuition plummets when Harvard has empty classrooms. It’s basic supply and demand.

Errr. No. Even to get an associates degree at a community college costs more than 5 grand. Lol. When was the last time YOU paid for tuition? A long time ago, apparently.
One of my nieces attends right now, sweetie. $5k would cover the entire degree and STILL have money left over.

Um, Poodle, as i pointed out, even a bottom rung school like UIC costs 11,000 a year. (That doesn't cover the 3000 in fees and 1400 for books and supplies).

Now, here's the thing. UIC was initially started as an extension of U of I so that poor Urban kids could have access to college. They put the initial campus on buildings at Navy Pier before building the Circle Campus in the 1960's.

Today, because tuition has gone so high, because state support has been cut back so much, African American enrollment in UIC is now down to 8% in 2015.

Fall-2015-Undergraduate-Enrollment.jpg

Doesn't say ANYTHING about reimbursing 100% of tuition costs, which even they would probably be unable to afford.
Apparently you don’t understand how tuition reimbursement works. An employee gets “x” amount of dollars per year. Stay within that budget when planning your course load and your entire college education will be paid for.

It’s not “complicated” at all. In the 1940’s, Harvard cost $400 a year. So why has it outpaced cost of living by a billion percent? Because government got involved and started throwing money at the problem.

Take away all loans, government subsidies, etc. and watch how fast tuition plummets when Harvard has empty classrooms. It’s basic supply and demand.

Back in the 1940's, you didn't need a college degree to get a good job.

090511_PctWithDegrees.jpg

The reason why tuition has gone up so much is nothing to do with government.

It has more to do with the fact that state subsidies have been cut, so tuition has gone up.

Meanwhile, the universities themselves are part of the problem, as they continue to try to build bigger and better amenities to attract students.

But mostly, it's a matter of supply and demand. Demand is up, supply hasn't really increased, so of course, prices are going up.

Doesn't say ANYTHING about reimbursing 100% of tuition costs, which even they would probably be unable to afford.
Apparently you don’t understand how tuition reimbursement works. An employee gets “x” amount of dollars per year. Stay within that budget when planning your course load and your entire college education will be paid for.

Do you even know how much just a text book costs? :D Do some research into how much it actually costs to get a decent college education nowadays please.

One of my nieces attends right now, sweetie. $5k would cover the entire degree and STILL have money left over.

That must be one shitty college! Lol. I went to community college and got a medical assistant certification and that was YEARS ago, and it cost over 10,000.

We can listen to absurd left-wing excuses all day long or we can accept reality. This woman has been all over the news this week.
"I really didn't have any stable guidance at that time. My mom was addicted to drugs. My dad was deceased. And I was homeless,"
So she is a woman, black (minority), who had no dad, a drug addicted mother, was homeless, and had 5 children of her own. And she earned a law degree.

Single Mom Ieshia Champs Graduates Law School With Help From 5 Kids

Forum List

Back