Republicans deserve what they get

- today's ceos have the hardest working most productive pool of entry level workers to choose from....hence big time profits. Yet people complain that too many live in their parents basements.

Most ceos are vastly underworked and massively overpaid for the little they do. That's why everyone wants that coveted position. from my experience the higher up they were the more incompetent they are.

And you got your information from where, Hollywood movies?

You aren't applying for a better job, you aren't trying to fix your health insurance sitatution. If you crashed your truck into a lightpole tomorrow, the rest of us will be paying your bills.

But you keep telling us you are so much better than those welfare people.

No. If I crashed my truck into a pole, I would be on workman's compensation. If you ever had a job, you would know that. If you did have a job, then you just displayed your ignorance of business.

Given the fact you have the memory of a gnat, I told you about a dozen times already that I am looking for a job.

Yes, people are going to totally give up the ability to feed their family so they can earn an extra 7.25 an hour making someone else rich!

That's exactly what they are doing. You see, I have the pleasure of working with hundreds of companies; dozens every week. I get to talk to people who tell me about the temps that they hire. They all refuse to work more than X amount of hours because if they do, it's deducted out of their food stamp allowance and it's like working for free to them.

A few years ago I evicted a couple with two kids for lack of rent payment. The woman stayed home all day and the guy refused to work more than 40 hours. So I suggested that while he's home on the weekend to watch the kids, she can go out and get a part-time job working 10 hours Saturday and Sunday to catch up on their rent and other bills. She didn't even consider it. Why Because she was getting $250.00 a month on food stamps and wouldn't part with it.

So I had to kick them, their children, their huge dog and three cats out of the apartment, and now an eviction is on his record for many years to come.

All because of food stamps.

Again, it makes you sort of pathetic, buddy. Do you know how little it costs to feed a cat? Cat ownership costs less than $500 a year. so you are upset they own a cat? (And how would you know they own 5 cats? Did you follow them home and count their cats and weight their dog?)

Either they own five cats or change the cats litter box three times a day given the amount of cat litter they purchase. Do you know what vets cost today???? They are an arm and a leg. Thanks to DumBama, they increased their fees so high you almost have to be rich to own a pet today.

Nope. I worked in the business world for upwards of 20 years. The company could have saved alot of money overpaying the lazy bozos I see in management.

It's easier to eat at mcpukes than to cook. That's why obesity is rampant as those who choose to eat it are driving up health care premiums.

Nope. I worked in the business world for upwards of 20 years. The company could have saved alot of money overpaying the lazy bozos I see in management.

So how many years as a CEO did you spend, and what kind of money did you make while a CEO?

I was too productive to be the CEO. I never saw the need for them as we did all the work and managing. I worked under 3 different ones and not a one of them would I have helped if they desperately needed it.

I was too productive to be the CEO. I never saw the need for them as we did all the work and managing. I worked under 3 different ones and not a one of them would I have helped if they desperately needed it.

Okay, that's exactly what I thought. Thank you.

No. If I crashed my truck into a pole, I would be on workman's compensation. If you ever had a job, you would know that. If you did have a job, then you just displayed your ignorance of business.

If you ever had a REAL job, you'd know that WC isn't going to cover most of your bills, it's why most people get sensible insurance. Also, you'd know that if you get injured on the workplace, most employers try to fire you as soon as possible.

Given the fact you have the memory of a gnat, I told you about a dozen times already that I am looking for a job.

Yeah. You are looking about as hard as OJ looked for the real killers.

You aren't even using real jobs websites, or getting a professional looking resume done.

That's exactly what they are doing. You see, I have the pleasure of working with hundreds of companies; dozens every week. I get to talk to people who tell me about the temps that they hire. They all refuse to work more than X amount of hours because if they do, it's deducted out of their food stamp allowance and it's like working for free to them.

exactly. So what's the point? They should work an extra hour for no money, and possibly lose eligibility for other benefits? That's kind of dumb.

A few years ago I evicted a couple with two kids for lack of rent payment. The woman stayed home all day and the guy refused to work more than 40 hours. So I suggested that while he's home on the weekend to watch the kids, she can go out and get a part-time job working 10 hours Saturday and Sunday to catch up on their rent and other bills. She didn't even consider it. Why Because she was getting $250.00 a month on food stamps and wouldn't part with it.

Yes, most people are really receptive to some racist telling them how to run their lives.

So I had to kick them, their children, their huge dog and three cats out of the apartment, and now an eviction is on his record for many years to come.

What record is that? Frankly, I used to own a rental property, and never had to look at a 'list'. Usually, if they had a job, that was good enough.

But I'm sure it gave you some kind of pleasure to screw over a poor family.

See what i mean about kicking down, buddy.

Either they own five cats or change the cats litter box three times a day given the amount of cat litter they purchase. Do you know what vets cost today???? They are an arm and a leg. Thanks to DumBama, they increased their fees so high you almost have to be rich to own a pet today.

Have had a cat for 8 years, never took her to the vet, once.

The cat previous to that, I had for 16 years, only took him to the vet twice, and one of those was to have him put down.

Maybe they buy big bags of cat litter because they don't like to remember to keep having to buy it.

I do admit truck driving would be a rough way to make a living. Truck today killed 15 high school hockey players in Canada. Unfortunately accidents happen. He must feel beyond awful. Don't know any more details.

I do admit truck driving would be a rough way to make a living. Truck today killed 15 high school hockey players in Canada. Unfortunately accidents happen. He must feel beyond awful. Don't know any more details.

Driving is one of the top 10 deadliest jobs in this country; more deadly than being a police officer or fireman.

Have had a cat for 8 years, never took her to the vet, once.

The cat previous to that, I had for 16 years, only took him to the vet twice, and one of those was to have him put down.

Maybe they buy big bags of cat litter because they don't like to remember to keep having to buy it.

Sure, that must be it. Just stocking up. BTW, are you sure you're not interested in that bridge I have for sale???

A CEO sympathizer Ray. Exactly what I thought. Thank you.

Not sympathizing at all. It's just that you people on the left come here with the same stories every day: you own (or owned) your own business. You work for yourself, or you are early and comfortably retired. It's the same for each and every one of you.

Now I might believe some of you if you didn't have such an ant-business stance; always insisting government should take more money from businesses; insisting that government should force business to overpay their workers. It just doesn't add up because I do know real business owners, and they don't think anything like that.

If you did own a business, then you would know you don't pay your top workers millions of dollars for doing nothing. Your company would be out of business in no time at all and your stock holders would drop you like a rock off of a cliff. CEO's get paid the salary they do because there are so few that can do their job, just like sports hero's, musicians or actors. And if you don't pay that CEO 5 million dollars per year (or whatever) your competitor will and put you out of business.

Ray I am not on the left. While I don't consider trump a man of high character I did vote for him because I he was the slight lesser of the two evils. Being retired since I was 61 I can happily say I did my stint and worked through the ugly rat race. I see the utter plight of today's middle class and the corporate squeeze on them. If that makes me a lefty then I'm ok with that as labels are only that. And yes I have worked for some lousy ceos who couldn't run a kindergarten picnic without others helping them every step of the way.

If you ever had a REAL job, you'd know that WC isn't going to cover most of your bills, it's why most people get sensible insurance. Also, you'd know that if you get injured on the workplace, most employers try to fire you as soon as possible.

And if they do they can get sued out of business. Yes, workman's compensation covers all injuries related to the work accident. They may be a pain to work with, but the only bills you have to worry about are those not associated with the work related injury.

Yeah. You are looking about as hard as OJ looked for the real killers.

You aren't even using real jobs websites, or getting a professional looking resume done.

Resumes are a joke. The only thing an employer needs to know is your driving record, experience, and perhaps a good reference from at least one of your past employers. If you hand them a resume, they likely throw it in the garbage before they even see it.

exactly. So what's the point? They should work an extra hour for no money, and possibly lose eligibility for other benefits? That's kind of dumb.

Yes it is. That's why social programs prevent people from bettering themselves and remain a burden to taxpayers. It's like Limbaugh said so many times: If you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't!

Yes, most people are really receptive to some racist telling them how to run their lives.

Ha, they were far more racist than I could ever be. And yes, I'm the landlord so I'm the boss. It's a wise move to take advice from people who are doing better than you.

What record is that? Frankly, I used to own a rental property, and never had to look at a 'list'. Usually, if they had a job, that was good enough.

But I'm sure it gave you some kind of pleasure to screw over a poor family.

See what i mean about kicking down, buddy.

How did I screw anybody over? We had a contract. That contract said I will provide X housing for X amount of money in return. I didn't break that contract--they did. I don't go to work every day to support people. I didn't invest in real estate to run a homeless shelter.

The very first thing even a novice landlord does is check court records. You want to see any criminal convictions or evictions so you know who you are renting to. A good example of why you failed as a landlord (if you really were one) and that is you only checked if a person had a job. You could have been renting to a murderer for all you know.

Sure, that must be it. Just stocking up. BTW, are you sure you're not interested in that bridge I have for sale???

So you really don't know how many cats they have, then?

You just break out the cat-ulator you have in your head and decided they had too many cats.

And if they do they can get sued out of business. Yes, workman's compensation covers all injuries related to the work accident. They may be a pain to work with, but the only bills you have to worry about are those not associated with the work related injury.

You do realize that most people don't have the resources to sue their employers for wrongful termination, and that doing so probably makes you unemployable. Who'd hire someone whose name appears on a lawsuit.

Resumes are a joke. The only thing an employer needs to know is your driving record, experience, and perhaps a good reference from at least one of your past employers. If you hand them a resume, they likely throw it in the garbage before they even see it.

actually, you can't get a good job without one these days... that's the thing.

Which is probably why you have a sucky job.

But it's all Obama's fault you can't find a better one in an economy with 4.1% unemployment.

Yes it is. That's why social programs prevent people from bettering themselves and remain a burden to taxpayers. It's like Limbaugh said so many times: If you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't!

Except most people on social welfare programs ARE working, Fifty First Dates. So what you are really advocating is that because you don't compell companies to pay a living wage, the rest of us have to subsidize their workforce.

Ha, they were far more racist than I could ever be. And yes, I'm the landlord so I'm the boss. It's a wise move to take advice from people who are doing better than you.

Given what a fucked up, messed up individual you are, any advice you give should be "Do the opposite of that!"

Forum List

Back