Republicans are not for our constitution.

14th amendment /equal protection under the law
Rights to citizenship
Voter rights
Who is trying to repeal the 14th amendment? There is a process to become a citizen for those who come here legally. Showing a photo ID does not prevent one from voting.

Voter suppression is a Republican initiative
Make it more difficult to vote, Strict ID standards, limit voter hours, selectively reduce the number of voting machines, cut back early voting
A photo ID is not a strict standard voter hours are generally 7am to 7pm 12 hours I have seen no one reduce the number of voting machines you might have to cut back early voting if you don’t have enough people to work at polls.

Almost 95% of Americans have an acceptable photo ID. Determining what is acceptable is a way Republicans suppress the vote.
A gun permit is acceptable while a student ID is not
Drivers licenses are acceptable, but many legitimate voters in urban areas do not drive

5% not having ID is not that big a deal until you realize many elections are won by 1-2%
If most of the people without an acceptable ID vote Democrat, Voter ID laws are an effective means of suppression

Utter bull. Where do you get this 5% number from? How does 5% of our society function in this country with no valid ID? How do they borrow money, buy alcohol, get on a plane, get a passport, get a loan from the bank? Cash a check?

In most states (if not all) gun licenses are issued to people who passed a thorough criminal background check. You must also present a valid legal identification. In our state, you are fingerprinted when you apply for the license and fingerprinted again with each renewal. What does it take to get a student ID?

My mother never drove in her live, that's why she went to the DMV and got a State ID. It looks just like a drivers license and she has voted with it her entire life.

Five percent might be a bit of a stretch but I'm not so sure. I bet if someone was able to get an accurate count of all the people who live totally off the grid you could get close to that number. Montana, Idaho, Minnesota, Alaska and other such places are home to millions. Especially folks with arrest warrants, criminal backgrounds or people who just want to be left alone, period.

Who is trying to repeal the 14th amendment? There is a process to become a citizen for those who come here legally. Showing a photo ID does not prevent one from voting.

Make it more difficult to vote, Strict ID standards, limit voter hours, selectively reduce the number of voting machines, cut back early voting
A photo ID is not a strict standard voter hours are generally 7am to 7pm 12 hours I have seen no one reduce the number of voting machines you might have to cut back early voting if you don’t have enough people to work at polls.

Almost 95% of Americans have an acceptable photo ID. Determining what is acceptable is a way Republicans suppress the vote.
Drivers licenses are acceptable, but many legitimate voters in urban areas do not drive

5% not having ID is not that big a deal until you realize many elections are won by 1-2%
If most of the people without an acceptable ID vote Democrat, Voter ID laws are an effective means of suppression

Utter bull. Where do you get this 5% number from? How does 5% of our society function in this country with no valid ID? How do they borrow money, buy alcohol, get on a plane, get a passport, get a loan from the bank? Cash a check?

In most states (if not all) gun licenses are issued to people who passed a thorough criminal background check. You must also present a valid legal identification. In our state, you are fingerprinted when you apply for the license and fingerprinted again with each renewal. What does it take to get a student ID?

My mother never drove in her live, that's why she went to the DMV and got a State ID. It looks just like a drivers license and she has voted with it her entire life.

Let me flip this . Why do righties fight a gun registry ? It doesn’t stop your right to bear arms .

By the way . If a birth certificate is ok to get a photo ID at the rmv, why isn’t that birth certificate good enough to vote with?

I don't know what the rmv is or where to find one.

As you know, and know well is the fact that more than your birth certificate is necessary for a photo ID.

"US Citizens Florida law requires identification, proof of date of birth, proof of residential address, and proof of social security number (if issued, Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, requires the Department see proof of social security number for the issuance of driver license and identification cards) from all customers before a driver license or identification card can be issued."

Florida Drivers License Identification Requirements

And ? No guns were confiscated if that’s what you are going for .

Should I like all the Court decisions against voter ID suppression?

As you know and know well, guns were illegally confiscated in New Orleans after Hurrican Katrina. Mayor Ray Nagen and the police chief issued the order and had police going door to door confiscating weapons. This unconstitutional action cost New Orleans millions in lawsuits.

Last edited:
I constantly run across right wingers who claim that conservatives “follow the constitution” and are “for the constitution “.

Nothing but words . Whenever I ask for some real life proof, I get nothing .

I will concede that they are nuts over the 2nd . I’ll give you that .

But as far as the rest of the con? They push agendas to weaken our con freedoms .

Prove me wrong! What con talking points/agendas/ legislation strengthen (non 2nd amendmemt )constitutional rights ?
GOP is only ones in the state houses trying to protect free speech on campuses,only ones trying to protect the religious rights of people while democrats try to assault their rights.

Thank you for being brave enough to answer . Unlike the others .

1. Yes , college students have protested righty speakers . BUT, give me an example of a right wing institution bringing in far left speakers.

2. As far as “religious rights “. You really mean Christian rights . Gop is against any other religion.
And you are simply lying.

I am ? Prove me wrong . Where are conservatives inviting far lefties? NRA inviting Hillary to give a speech?
Why the fuck would the NRA invite someone opposed to the NRA to speak?
The problem here is you are comparing apples to oranges.
Name me a far right university.
Then lets pick through it's invitation list.

So now that we agree marriage should have limitations, it's a matter of opinion what those limits should be. Gays could always get married. If they found a religion that was willing to marry them, they got married and nobody from the federal or state government stopped them. It's just that they didn't recognize the marriage.
There is no reason for the federal of state governments to not recognize a marriage. You, yourself, have stated that government should not be involved in marriages, and I disagree with you there since the law is concerned with things like taxation, rights to property, rights to make decisions for cometose partners, rights of inheritance, etc. These are all civil law matters.

Yes. I have standards. They are being met. But you are lying. Gays were not allowed to get married, legally, until the Supreme Court decision. Actually, there was a judicial decision that okayed the firing of a state-government lawyer who had a religious marriage ceremony with her same-sex partner. I am wracking my brain for the name of the case to post a link and can't come up with it, but I remember the case well.

If you want to get married, why don't you go down to the courthouse and get a license, and/or have a ceremony right there. If you want a religious ceremony, go plan it.

Marriage was always a religious rite. It was even wrote about in the First Testament. It was the same here in this country when it was founded, but as time went on, government got involved and adopted marriage.

So now that marriage meets your standards, everything is just fine and dandy? What about those of us who's standards marriage doesn't meet? And when the time comes when your standards are broken, what will you say then?

Property rights, inheritances, all that could be worked out legislatively without marriage. As far as spouse only visitation rights, that is not law, that is hospital policy. Same holds true with medical coverage. There is no law that states your spouses health insurance company must put you on their policy.

Yes, gays were always allowed to get married. Who tried to stop them? There was no law against it, it's just that the state didn't have to recognize the marriage until that SC decision. Now states are being forced to accept it.

Under Constitution and States Rights...the States should be in control of civil law, and they should determine boundaries for marriage.

The states are NOT free to violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. They are NOT free to violate the rights of their citizens. We talk about "freedom" all the time, but what would this term actually mean if a state could strip its citizens of freedom at mere will of a majority legislature. You ignore the history of prejudice among state actors/legislators toward their own citizens. Just look at the shamelessness of the Texas legislature in passing garbage laws to prevent Texans for having abortions. Look at the shamelessness of the Mississippi legislature passing laws to legalize discrimination against LGBT Mississippians. Look at the history of states, particularly ones in the U.S. south, manipulating state and local law to allow the mistreatment of African-American citizens of those states. You "states rights" people just want permission to turn on your own.
14th Amendment clarifies the definition of citizenship...thus the alternate term “illegal.”

So what? I was talking about the rights of citizens, including equal protection of our laws.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.​

Many states have shameful records of mistreating their citizens and trying to deny them their rights.

You people need to listen to our great president, DONALD TRUMP. The constitution needs to be scraped. As he has said over and over so many times, so many times, it's too long and has too many regulations in the constitution, the like the stupid regulation of free speech. Free speech is just fake news, so get rid if it. Why have something we don't need, who needs fake news.

That was our delicate former President Barack Hussein Obama who claimed the constitution was incorrectly written.

There is no reason for the federal of state governments to not recognize a marriage. You, yourself, have stated that government should not be involved in marriages, and I disagree with you there since the law is concerned with things like taxation, rights to property, rights to make decisions for cometose partners, rights of inheritance, etc. These are all civil law matters.

Yes. I have standards. They are being met. But you are lying. Gays were not allowed to get married, legally, until the Supreme Court decision. Actually, there was a judicial decision that okayed the firing of a state-government lawyer who had a religious marriage ceremony with her same-sex partner. I am wracking my brain for the name of the case to post a link and can't come up with it, but I remember the case well.

If you want to get married, why don't you go down to the courthouse and get a license, and/or have a ceremony right there. If you want a religious ceremony, go plan it.

Marriage was always a religious rite. It was even wrote about in the First Testament. It was the same here in this country when it was founded, but as time went on, government got involved and adopted marriage.

So now that marriage meets your standards, everything is just fine and dandy? What about those of us who's standards marriage doesn't meet? And when the time comes when your standards are broken, what will you say then?

Property rights, inheritances, all that could be worked out legislatively without marriage. As far as spouse only visitation rights, that is not law, that is hospital policy. Same holds true with medical coverage. There is no law that states your spouses health insurance company must put you on their policy.

Yes, gays were always allowed to get married. Who tried to stop them? There was no law against it, it's just that the state didn't have to recognize the marriage until that SC decision. Now states are being forced to accept it.

Under Constitution and States Rights...the States should be in control of civil law, and they should determine boundaries for marriage.

The states are NOT free to violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. They are NOT free to violate the rights of their citizens. We talk about "freedom" all the time, but what would this term actually mean if a state could strip its citizens of freedom at mere will of a majority legislature. You ignore the history of prejudice among state actors/legislators toward their own citizens. Just look at the shamelessness of the Texas legislature in passing garbage laws to prevent Texans for having abortions. Look at the shamelessness of the Mississippi legislature passing laws to legalize discrimination against LGBT Mississippians. Look at the history of states, particularly ones in the U.S. south, manipulating state and local law to allow the mistreatment of African-American citizens of those states. You "states rights" people just want permission to turn on your own.
14th Amendment clarifies the definition of citizenship...thus the alternate term “illegal.”

So what? I was talking about the rights of citizens, including equal protection of our laws.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.​

Many states have shameful records of mistreating their citizens and trying to deny them their rights.

We don't have "rights"... we have what is known as "privileges" and this goes all the way back to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of USA.INC March of 1933, HJR-192 and how we became surety against the debt by being de-facto employees of USA.INC by agreeing to a cohesion contract that most don't even know that they agreed to do so. We are like chickens squawking to Colonel Sanders that we have "rights"......it's a joke in search of the proverbial punchline...

I constantly run across right wingers who claim that conservatives “follow the constitution” and are “for the constitution “.

But as far as the rest of the con? They push agendas to weaken our con freedoms .

Prove me wrong! What con talking points/agendas/ legislation strengthen (non 2nd amendmemt )constitutional rights ?
GOP is only ones in the state houses trying to protect free speech on campuses,only ones trying to protect the religious rights of people while democrats try to assault their rights.

1. Yes , college students have protested righty speakers . BUT, give me an example of a right wing institution bringing in far left speakers.

2. As far as “religious rights “. You really mean Christian rights . Gop is against any other religion.

I am ? Prove me wrong . Where are conservatives inviting far lefties? NRA inviting Hillary to give a speech?

Hillsdale College
Hillsdale College - What college is meant to be

They accept no government funding so they are not tied to any of the strings government attaches to their funding.

Section 1.

In your opinion only.

We don't have "rights"... we have what is known as "privileges" and this goes all the way back to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of USA.INC March of 1933, HJR-192 and how we became surety against the debt by being de-facto employees of USA.INC by agreeing to a cohesion contract that most don't even know that they agreed to do so. We are like chickens squawking to Colonel Sanders that we have "rights"......it's a joke in search of the proverbial punchline...

Are you saying we don't have any rights given to us by our Constitution?

Hillsdale College offers a free, online course on our Constitution.
Introduction to the Constitution

As for bankruptcy, we have a right to bankruptcy too.

Section 8
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; — And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Yeah, you'd think that God made humans and he gave them sexual organs AND a desire to fuck.... wait, no he didn't, because he doesn't even exist.

In your opinion.
If we weren't meant to fuck why did he give us sex organs?'
If we were supposed to live our entire lives, possibly forever, in his garden, providing we didn't eat his fruit, why did he give us sex organs?

Yeah, you'd think that God made humans and he gave them sexual organs AND a desire to fuck.... wait, no he didn't, because he doesn't even exist.

In your opinion.
If we were supposed to live our entire lives, possibly forever, in his garden, providing we didn't eat his fruit, why did he give us sex organs?

We fuck, dogs fuck. We don't tell dogs to cover up their asses. We don't tell them not to fuck in the bushes.

14th amendment /equal protection under the law
Rights to citizenship
Voter rights

As you know, but somehow seem to have left out here is the fact that every state that requires a photo ID to vote, also provide free photo ID's to anyone who wants one. Problem solved and NOT voter suppression.
So let's talk voter ID in Republican shitholes

You want free ID......go to the DMV out by the highway. Who cares if you don't drive?
What voter ID is acceptable? Gun permit? Of course
Student ID? No way
What if the name on your birth certificate is spelled wrong or you changed names and can't document it.......No ID for you

Want voter ID?
Do what it takes to get 99% of people IDs .......NOT 90%

In your opinion.

We fuck, dogs fuck. We don't tell dogs to cover up their asses. We don't tell them not to fuck in the bushes.

You might fuck like a monkey

I make love to a woman

Liberty university.

Are you saying we don't have any rights given to us by our Constitution?

Hillsdale College offers a free, online course on our Constitution.
Introduction to the Constitution

As for bankruptcy, we have a right to bankruptcy too.

Section 8
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; — And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
Not everyone who comes here is an immigrant. Most would be tourists, if they could.

Liberty university.
Already told you they invited Bernie Sanders to speak and he did

It was covered by C-SPAN even!

Forum List

Back