Republican tax bill puts the country on a low salt diet

With a cap on SALT (state and local taxes) the bill actually increases taxes for millions in the middle class.
Well if the state you live in didn't have high taxes, you wouldn't be affected. Deducting your state taxes prevents you from paying the federal government the money they deserve. So suck it up butter cup, and pay your fair share. If you don't like it go to the state level and try to change it.

No i wouldnt. I would call that eliminating deductions.
Maybe you are starting to get the picture now?

If they didn't change the tax rates, and all they did was eliminate the standard deduction (set it to zero) and eliminated the dependent deduction (again set to zero) you wouldn't call that a tax increase.

That's amazing.

Anyone else notice how much this tax bill benefits those who are invested in real estate?

Trump is going to make out like a bandit on this tax plan. No wonder he's pushing so hard for it.

Well if the state you live in didn't have high taxes, you wouldn't be affected..

Actually it's not the amount of taxes, but the type of taxes. If you state and locality charges property taxes, you can deduct it, but if your state choses to make taxes fairer by shifting from just property, and tax income you get screwed by the republican tax bill.

If you think about it, the fairest tax ix income tax, and the least fair is property tax. If you're a family farmer who just broke even, you still pay a fortune in property tax. If states switched to income tax farmers wouldn't go bankrupt because they couldn't pay their taxes.

No i wouldnt. I would call that eliminating deductions.
Maybe you are starting to get the picture now?

If they didn't change the tax rates, and all they did was eliminate the standard deduction (set it to zero) and eliminated the dependent deduction (again set to zero) you wouldn't call that a tax increase.

That's amazing.
Yea, its often said the understanding of basic words and phrases, and their differences, is a sign of enlightenment.

The truth is coming out now.
The Greedy Corrupt Democratic Party regards the middle class taxpayers to be its slaves.
The dumb liberal bigots are OUTRAGED that Trump is freeing the Democratic Party's tax slaves.

It doesnt increase taxes. What a fucking spin that is
The amount of money you pay might increase but it doesnt "increase taxes"
Nice way to fear monger with your play on words :rolleyes:
Lol oh so it’s not a big deal they pay more but it doesn’t increase taxes? Lol what?

wow a $750,000 cap is way more than a middle class home
Why are the Left Wingers always so STUPID?

wow a $750,000 cap is way more than a middle class home
Why are the Left Wingers always so STUPID?

Check the median home price in San Francisco. Unless you think the middle class doesn't live there.

San Francisco median home price up to $1.5 million, says report

A market report from Paragon Real Estate Group lays it all on the line: “San Francisco median house sales price soars to $1,500,000 in May

Meanwhile, CAR says the average California home sold for about $536,000 that month

Last edited:
Lol oh so it’s not a big deal they pay more but it doesn’t increase taxes? Lol what?
No its not. They should be paying that. They voted for high taxes..
No, its not raising taxes. It is capping a specific type of deduction from the SAME tax rate.
Taxes arent getting increased. Deductions are getting capped.
Its a play on words like when idiots say the rich cheat and dont pay their correct tax rate..

The dumb liberal crackpots who are opposed to the Tax Reform Bill should just refuse to take their tax deductions and then STFU

No, its not raising taxes. It is capping a specific type of deduction from the SAME tax rate.
Its a play on words like when idiots say the rich cheat and dont pay their correct tax rate..
Lol okay hold the phone. You are defending this because it gets rid of deductions instead of raising the rate which either way means people pay more? Do you assholes just defend the GOP regardless of what they do? You are such pawns.

With a cap on SALT (state and local taxes) the bill actually increases taxes for millions in the middle class.
They deserve to pay more.

They have been sitting in their palacial mansions and the Fed's have been subsidizing their property tax and mortgage deduction as they roll homes for a gain.

Lol okay hold the phone. You are defending this because it gets rid of deductions instead of raising the rate which either way means people pay more? Do you assholes just defend the GOP regardless of what they do? You are such pawns.
I was merely saying you guys sound like fear mongering hacks..
Of course, i shouldnt be subsidizing nice houses in other states, so i have no problem with this. The deduction shouldnt be there in the first place. No deductions should.
I dont defend the GOP at all. Fuck them assholes. I might defend some actions, like i do with every group. So please, spare me the projection :D

I was merely saying you guys sound like fear mongering hacks..
Of course, i shouldnt be subsidizing nice houses in other states, so i have no problem with this. The deduction shouldnt be there in the first place. No deductions should.
I dont defend the GOP at all. Fuck them assholes. I might defend some actions, like i do with every group. So please, spare me the projection :D
You are so transparent. Since when do you assholes believe people shouldn’t take advantage of tax deductions? I cannot believe this level of hypocrisy. You don’t actually like that idea. You just go along with it on the surface because the GOP wants it. If Democrats during Obama’s administration had made these deduction changes you people would never shut the fuck up about.

Forum List

Back