Republican Strategy

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Excellent analysis of current republican party.

'The Williamsburg Accord in January 2013 set the Republican strategy for Obama’s second term'

'You’ve probably never heard of the so-called “Williamsburg Accord” agreement that came out of the Republican retreat in early 2013. I’ll let Jonathan Chait tell the story, from an excellent New York magazine article (my emphasis and some reparagraphing everywhere):'

GOP wanted the shutdown all along, and Dems have lost the negotiations

"The first element of the strategy is a kind of legislative strike. Initially, House Republicans decided to boycott all direct negotiations with President Obama, and then subsequently extended that boycott to negotiations with the Democratic Senate. (Senate Democrats have spent months pleading with House Republicans to negotiate with them, to no avail.) This kind of refusal to even enter negotiations is highly unusual. The way to make sense of it is that Republicans have planned since January to force Obama to accede to large chunks of the Republican agenda, without Republicans having to offer any policy concessions of their own."

The House GOP?s Legislative Strike -- Daily Intelligencer

Rust Belt Philosophy: Evolution is not a straight-line march towards perfection, even in the meta-game

Oh it's much much worse than a temper tantrum,.

Basically the GOP is attacking the very system by which we make and pass and vet laws.

ACA was voted upon, tested in the courts and found legal.

The GOP is now showing us that they truly and totally hate this nation, the people in it, and the system of government we have, too.

Yawn..............

The Power of the Purse. You lost the House.

We have Gridlock.

We have 2 sides entrenched.

Negotiate or it continues.

The dems have refused to negotiate on this issue along with healthcare. O even said he wasn't negotiating. Defunding parts of law has been done before, as recent as pelosis congress. We can see how bitter they are with hate of this country when they level jihadist, terrorist claims at their opponent when they don't get their way. I've told my elected officials not to budge on the issue but most of them are repubs and are just as worthless as dems.

"In the year of our Lord 2010, the voters of the United States elected the worst Congress in the history of the Republic. There have been Congresses more dilatory. There have been Congresses more irresponsible, though not many of them. There have been lazier Congresses, more vicious Congresses, and Congresses less capable of seeing forests for trees. But there has never been in a single Congress -- or, more precisely, in a single House of the Congress -- a more lethal combination of political ambition, political stupidity, and political vainglory than exists in this one, which has arranged to shut down the federal government because it disapproves of a law passed by a previous Congress, signed by the president, and upheld by the Supreme Court, a law that does nothing more than extend the possibility of health insurance to the millions of Americans who do not presently have it, a law based on a proposal from a conservative think-tank and taken out on the test track in Massachusetts by a Republican governor who also happens to have been the party's 2012 nominee for president of the United States. That is why the government of the United States is, in large measure, closed this morning." Government Shutdown - The Reign Of Morons Is Here - Esquire

original.jpg

I thought this was hilarious.

Forum List

Back