Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

I for one hope weed is NEVER legalized hahaha!!!

Why? Just spite. I get so much enjoyment from hearing potheads whine and cry about legalizing weed. It has become the #1 issue in their freakin lives. The Russians and Chinese could each launch nuclear bombs towards us, and while in mid-flight, seeing CNN running "Nuclear Attack Imminent" warnings, the potheads would still be crying "Legalize it maaaan!!!"

<snip>

That's actually a great argument in favor of legalization. With such grave concerns about international threats, the federal government certainly shouldn't be distracted from them by getting involved with pot prohibition.

and where in the hell did you pick up that bullshit?......Alcohol is legal,do they come to work drunk?

....Like....after lunch??!!!

:eusa_whistle:
...and if they did what happens?......
They tell their Secretaries to "hold" their calls.​

maybe were you work you stupid ass......but then working in a slaughter house does that to ya......
Yeah, Skippy.....that's what I'm.....

Get back to me, when you're old-enough to work a full-time-job....in a "professional"-environment.

106.gif

You know what's weird, even though weed creates the munchies and all that, I've never actually met a fat stoner. It's not logical, but... :dunno:

Not necessarily illogical, just an improbable toss of the dice actually. There are plenty of fat stoners.

Only one road block left-

March 26, 2009 1:09 PM

Print
Text

Obama: Legalizing Pot Won't Grow Economy

By
Brian Montopoli
Topics
White House

(AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)
President Obama today held an online town hall meeting in which he answered questions submitted to the White House web site.

As CBS News' Chief Political Correspondent Marc Ambinder points out, the top-rated questions in the "budget" and "fiscal stability" sections of the submissions page concerned the legalization of marijuana.

Obama: Legalizing Pot Won't Grow Economy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Print
Text

By
Brian Montopoli
Topics
White House

(AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)
President Obama today held an online town hall meeting in which he answered questions submitted to the White House web site.

As CBS News' Chief Political Correspondent Marc Ambinder points out, the top-rated questions in the "budget" and "fiscal stability" sections of the submissions page concerned the legalization of marijuana.

Obama: Legalizing Pot Won't Grow Economy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Gee.....whatta surprise.

What're the chances Teabaggers (...and, "conservatives"; in-general) would have gone BALLISTIC, if he'd have suggested otherwise?

It's time to.....

:clap2:

Last edited:

Print
Text

Do you really think he'd veto it if it passed?

I sure don't.

I dont know either. In "politics time" that was along time ago. Either way he go's on it it is not going to hurt him, so at this point he has nothing to lose does he ? I cant find anything recent that he has said on the issue. Proly low on the "To Do" list.

Print
Text

I sure don't.

I dont know either. In "politics time" that was along time ago. Either way he go's on it it is not going to hurt him, so at this point he has nothing to lose does he ? I cant find anything recent that he has said on the issue. Proly low on the "To Do" list.

I don't agree at all with that opinion. If the law passed and he vetoed it, he'd get voted out in 2012 in a landslide. First, it's not going to earn him any votes from the right. Nothing he does will win him any votes from the right. But vetoing a bill that would end federal prohibition of mj would piss off a huge percentage of people who voted for him once already.

I sure don't.

I don't agree at all with that opinion. If the law passed and he vetoed it, he'd get voted out in 2012 in a landslide. First, it's not going to earn him any votes from the right. Nothing he does will win him any votes from the right. But vetoing a bill that would end federal prohibition of mj would piss off a huge percentage of people who voted for him once already.

From what I herd, They already are ! I am saying he can do either and it wont hurt him. he will get nothing from the cons, and most who voted for him will do so again anyway. The only group of voters I could see going rabid over it would be the L.E. union groups and some of the Federal L.E. agencies who have gotten used to the steady flow of war on drugs money all thees years. I think High Times had an article about Obama and weed years ago.

Print
Text

I sure don't.

That's......."Probably low on the "To Do" list."

Thought you had the Summer OFF, huh??

:eusa_whistle:

Actually, Rain has got me sitting here on the couch . We have needed it so long. You are right. I will spell better to set a good example for the youngsters.

A "republican" who calls himself a libertarian and a dozen democrats. Go ahead and call it bi-partisan if it makes you feel better.

I sure don't.

here we go again.

Marihuana use is legal by virtue of the NINTH AMENDMENT.

There is no need for additional legislation. He can simply tell his AG to stop the arrests and prosecutions.

I agree with you academically. But the practical reality is that this simply isn't true until someone challenges marijuana laws in front of the Supreme Court and they rule as you and I believe they should.

Right now, I'd settle for this and wait for the SCOTUS to rule on a case brought against a state prohibition law. Don't forget, federal prohibition in this case is also unconstitutional by virtue of the TENTH AMENDMENT. Academically speaking that is.

here we go again.

There is no need for additional legislation. He can simply tell his AG to stop the arrests and prosecutions.

I am not sure, but didn't AG say that it was not a priority, or was that only the DEA boss >

Oh and get people out of jail who were busted for an ounce or two. Seriously, there are people doing years for 2 oz.'s.

The worst thing about putting users behind bars is that they come out worse than when they went in, in many cases. They are harder to employ and they become a long term detriment to society. Going to prison rarely turns people's lives around for the better. We have seen this over and over again. That doesn't mean that we should not imprison real criminals, but sending non-violent offenders there turns many of them into something much worse.

Forum List

Back