Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

Amazing how many grown adults need a mind altering substance to enhance their lives.. Pathetic and telling.. NO ONE but potheads which include leftists and liberaltarians want to see any drug legalized.
MissedTarget---small.jpg

As usual, you couldn't hit your ass with both hands even while having a proctologist for a tour guide.

As if your opinion meant anything to me. LOL Look at all the druggies taking offense.. :clap2::clap2:
Yeah.....let's hear it for those folks who make more-reasonable/safe decisions....and, prefer to get "high" on Life & adrenaline.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06jHGtCf3xA]YouTube - ‪Taylor Texas Rodeo Bull Riding Accident 2007‬‏[/ame]

handjob.gif

If this continues.....EVERYONE'S gonna want to do it!!!!

Really? You really believe that only 'potheads' are in favor of legalization?

What have you been smoking?

I haven't smoked pot regularly since I was 22. I am now 46... and yes... if it were legalized, I may take a hit or two every once in a while, but there's a reason I quit.... It always made me paranoid. Towards the end, it was almost like a panic attack... I then realized that it was not much fun anymore.. so I stopped... for the most part. I found out a little later that I could take a hit or two and be OK... but if I took any more than that, those old symptoms would reappear. I just made the choice to just not smoke it at all.

But anyway.... even though I rarely even take a hit of pot, and have never been a die hard smoker...I understand the effects and the appeal of the drug. It is less harmful(physiologically) than alcohol. So that in itself makes it safer than alcohol... it is a very simple issue of prohibition that has now gotten to the point of "the will of the people".

In a Democracy.... the will of the people is paramount... so therefore... I am OK with it.

I can't imagine what Abraham Lincoln would say to you.. Let's hear it for drugs and Air Traffic controllers.. Don't we all feel so safe knowing it would now be legal for them to be stoned and come to work? School bus drivers.. just get blitzed out of your mind before transporting kids.. .. IT'S ALL GOOD ~ The Liberaltarians and Liberals said so.
Yeah....let's keep Pot illegal.

That'll make Life....

....for the population; in-general.

handjob.gif

my side.....ok this i gotta hear.....whats MY SIDE Steel?......

Well, I was assuming that you were a Conservative... but after scrolling through, to get to your response... perhaps I was mistaken.

Apologies... allow me to rephrase...replace "your side" with "the conservative side".

it depends on the issue what i am......on this topic i am for treating Pot like the two major killers of people that are now legal....
....And, you're a big-fan o' Freedom Of Choice, as well.....right?

(....As-long-as everyone makes the same choices, as you, of course.)​

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

What savings and what increase? Just think of all the new big government jobs to enforce its being done right, grown right and TAXED right. There wont be any black market to watch anymore ?
Plain and simple smoke more so we can get more by you ...

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Um, we spend Literally Billions as a nation each and every Year fighting Illegal Pot. So you could say this is part of addressing the Debt issue.

:)

The Federal Prohibition of Weed is a massive waste of Money. It's a damn Plant man. Many Experts agree it is less harmful than Drinking. Yet we spend Billions of Dollars Keeping offenders in Jail, Hiring them Public Defenders, and Enforcing the laws. All for very little gain as the USE of weed has not been impacted and has in fact only grown.

Decriminalize. Tax it's sale, Charge for licenses to distribute, and be done with it.

And while your at it, Freaking Develop an industrial Hemp Industry in America for gods sake.

I'm not against legalizing it at all. As for its affect on the debt, let's say there are, I dunno, 10,000,000 lbs a year consumed (and that's a stretch). Let's put a $1,000/lb tax on it. That will generate $10,000,000,000 a year. So, that's 1,400 years to pay off the debt.

I dunno man...
I guess you forgot to offset....

....maintaining Prohibition.​

I can't imagine what Abraham Lincoln would say to you.. Let's hear it for drugs and Air Traffic controllers.. Don't we all feel so safe knowing it would now be legal for them to be stoned and come to work? School bus drivers.. just get blitzed out of your mind before transporting kids.. .. IT'S ALL GOOD ~ The Liberaltarians and Liberals said so.

and where in the hell did you pick up that bullshit?......Alcohol is legal,do they come to work drunk?

....Like....after lunch??!!!

:eusa_whistle:
...and if they did what happens?......
They tell their Secretaries to "hold" their calls.​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UULXtaUV3E&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Barney Frank present during marijuana bust‬‏[/ame]

'Why would you ask me a qwestion like that. It's pweposterous. I wouldn't know the diffwence between a Pot plant and a Qwisanthimum!!!' *cough...cough*

Last edited:

Isn't this a great way to pay off the debt???

Taxing Pot????

Depends... how many thousands of years are we willing to take to do so. Even a $1,000/lb tax would take thousands of years. And then guess what, you'd drive the cost right back up and the potheads would be screaming bloody murder.

Just legalize it, stop busting potheads... I'm way cool with that. As for the fiscal bonanza, not sure I see it.

Sorry bout that,

1. Bad idea all around.
2. Dumb ass ron paul signed onto this crap too!
3. I think we need to shit can his ASS!!!
4. *CWN* speaks what *YOU* think.
5. Or should!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Maybe you should spend a little-more-time cleanin'-up your....
....and, save your loudmouth/John-Wayne-routine for the mega-blue-hairs, in Dallass.

Mrs_Slocombe_7290.jpg

Isn't this a great way to pay off the debt???

Taxing Pot????

Depends... how many thousands of years are we willing to take to do so. Even a $1,000/lb tax would take thousands of years. And then guess what, you'd drive the cost right back up and the potheads would be screaming bloody murder.

Just legalize it, stop busting potheads... I'm way cool with that. As for the fiscal bonanza, not sure I see it.

The least legitimate reason for doing anything is that it will help fund government.

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

What savings and what increase? Just think of all the new big government jobs to enforce its being done right, grown right and TAXED right.
Yeah....just look at how unprofitable the alcohol-industry is!

handjob.gif

It is going to happen eventually.
The government desperately needs the tax revenue - which will be substantial.
And it will lower law enforcement costs and prison populations across the country - exponentially.

And it will lower law enforcement costs and prison populations across the country - exponentially.

OK, now you cant distill liquor for your own use, the government TAX law says so. Agents of the government will come raid, destroy, and cart you off to jail.

If weed is legalised, for the benefit of raising taxes and enhancing government revenue, there is going to be a need for law enforcement and prisons for all those grow your own tax cheats. Nothing will have improved on that front.

Members of Congress to Introduce Historic Legislation Ending Marijuana Prohibition (Press Release) | StoptheDrugWar.org

WASHINGTON, DC - Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) will introduce bi-partisan legislation tomorrow, June 23, ending the federal war on marijuana and letting states legalize, regulate, tax, and control marijuana without federal interference. Other co-sponsors include Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN), Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA). The legislation would limit the federal government’s role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or inter-state smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal. The legislation is the first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition.

Leading critics of the war on marijuana will explain its significance for state and national marijuana policy at a national tele-press conference on Thursday.

What: Tele-Press Conference on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

When:Thursday, June 23. 2:00pm EST / 11am PST

:clap2:

Well if Franks is for it, I'm going to have to rethink my stance on legalising it.

Franks watched as the fannie and freddie went belly up and didn't do jack squat. So there must be something wrong with this bill.

OK, now you cant distill liquor for your own use, the government TAX law says so.
....But, you CAN make your (own) beer & wine.

(You need ho-made booze, huh??)

If weed is legalised, for the benefit of raising taxes and enhancing government revenue, there is going to be a need for law enforcement and prisons for all those grow your own tax cheats. Nothing will have improved on that front.

Yeah.....look at how home-brewers are STARVING the Federal Government of tax-receipts from Bud & Miller.

handjob.gif

Get back to us when you're old-enough to drink (legally)....and, have SOME idea what you're talkin'-about....Skippy.

106.gif

Allowing states to enforce and tax the sale, cultivation, possession and use makes sense and cents.

Law enforcement including police, Prosecutors, Public Defenders, Probation and the courts will all save money and/or be able to better use limited funds if Marijuana (MJ) is removed from Schedule I, and treated the same as alcohol or tobacco - two much more dangerous drugs.

States can continue the prohibition of MJ or regulate it as they see fit. Keep in mind that MJ is a multi-billion dollar black market generally run for profit by organized crime.

Ask any cop if he'd rather arrest someone drunk or high on MJ?

Our roads are filled with drivers impaired, most officers and all traffic officers are trained in determinating impairment by the use of Field Sobriety Tests. MJ can be detected with a simple urine test which takes less than a minute. Officer testimony and a urine test (along with the new video's taken from our officer's car) should be sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.

MJ is no more of a geteway drug than is milk. Kids are introduced to MJ by other kids, who also introduce tobacco and alcohol to their peers. Taking MJ out of the black market will reduce the contact between the criminal element which today controls that market. An underground market will still exist, but will mitigate kids contact with the career criminal.

The war on drugs is a total failure. The more people realize the harm and cost of this failed policy the sooner the powers that be will stop demagoguing the issue and try new means of regulation and control.

here Wry me and you are in total agreement......

Big Ditto here to.

The war on drugs has been a colossal failure. If people want to use it then package it, tax it, regulate it and sell it like cigs. It would create a new industry of MJ growers out there.

As Wry says it would also make some prison space for loads of other criminals.

I don't smoke that shit. I have better things to spend my money on but have no problem with those that do.

Well, I was assuming that you were a Conservative... but after scrolling through, to get to your response... perhaps I was mistaken.

Apologies... allow me to rephrase...replace "your side" with "the conservative side".

it depends on the issue what i am......on this topic i am for treating Pot like the two major killers of people that are now legal....
....And, you're a big-fan o' Freedom Of Choice, as well.....right?

(....As-long-as everyone makes the same choices, as you, of course.)​

yes i am you stupid fuck......and many people dont agree with me......and you know what dipshit?..........I CAN GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF THEY DO.......see i posted it like you so your little pea brain can understand it.......now go play with the 3rd Graders....i hear Kirby has some nice Magenta Crayons.....

and where in the hell did you pick up that bullshit?......Alcohol is legal,do they come to work drunk?

....Like....after lunch??!!!

...and if they did what happens?......
They tell their Secretaries to "hold" their calls.​

maybe were you work you stupid ass......but then working in a slaughter house does that to ya......

Forum List

Back