Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

:lmao:

Tell us again how much they don't mean anything to you. :thup:

what?.....your neg reps?.....i laugh at your -72 points......and that post i made that your responding too......i just grabbed 530 points from 2 people here who along with the rep.....think your a fucking Dick....your like Dean Mani......make a comment about you two and you get a few hundred points......i just can imagine how much i will get for this......keep on commenting Mani.....your Rep Gold......:lol:

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

They dont plan to fix it. That's why they are pushing to legalize pot. They are hoping the people start getting high legally so they can do whatever the heck they want without fixing problems.

Are you two idiots serious? You want to fix the debt? LEGALIZE POT! The government would make SO much money from taxing and regulating, that it would likely pay off a large portion of the debt.

Are you two idiots serious? You want to fix the debt? LEGALIZE POT! The government would make SO much money from taxing and regulating, that it would likely pay off a large portion of the debt.

The biggest impediment to this happening is our overall acceptance of the outlawing of self-medication. If we legalize pot, or other 'recreational' drugs, how much sense does it make to restrict the purchase of all the other the medicines that currently require permission from a doctor (paying a premium to doctors and Big Pharma for the 'privilege') to get? This is what really scares them, that the corporations will lose their monopoly on the drug supply.

what?.....your neg reps?.....i laugh at your -72 points......and that post i made that your responding too......i just grabbed 530 points from 2 people here who along with the rep.....think your a fucking Dick....your like Dean Mani......make a comment about you two and you get a few hundred points......i just can imagine how much i will get for this......keep on commenting Mani.....your Rep Gold......:lol:

I'm still not convinced. Tell me again how much you don't care.

Does anyone know what the "Social Cost" of Marijuana use is? Is it as high as Alcohol?

[...]
It is nowhere near as high.

There is no record in the annals of medical science of anyone dying or being made sick from using (clean, uncontaminated) marijuana. But alcohol is extremely pathogenic, killing hundreds of thousand of Americans annually in addition to causing many thousands more serious physical and mental illnesses.

Marijuana is not associated with violence at any level. But alcohol is known to cause most violent crime in America, from millions of simple domestic abuse complaints to many thousands of homicides, aggravated assaults and suicides.

"The smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health"

Lancet Medical Journal
(Nov 11, 1995);

Ah, yes.....how well......

....has served always served us.

handjob.gif

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

They dont plan to fix it. That's why they are pushing to legalize pot. They are hoping the people start getting high legally so they can do whatever the heck they want without fixing problems.

Right. Because Ron Paul couldn't care less whether or not people are focused on the nation's fiscal issues :rolleyes:

The biggest impediment to this happening is our overall acceptance of the outlawing of self-medication. If we legalize pot, or other 'recreational' drugs, how much sense does it make to restrict the purchase of all the other the medicines that currently require permission from a doctor (paying a premium to doctors and Big Pharma for the 'privilege') to get? This is what really scares them, that the corporations will lose their monopoly on the drug supply.
If you consider taking-an-aspirin (for a headache) "self-medication", that'd be true.

Whenever I think of self-medication, I think (more) about ailments like schizophrenia....where people are using any-and-all substances (outta desperation)....rather-than submitting to better-trained/better-qualified Pros.

Smoking Pot (to minimize stress....take a mini-"vacation" from the day-to-day bullshit), is a whole different story. If some people prefer alcohol....fine! Just, try to do it at home. It'd be the exact-same, with Pot....during the day-time hours.

As the years have gone by....I'm a bigger-fan, now, of doing a couple-bongs, before I crash (each night). Ya' sleep like a baby....and, your head isn't BANGIN' (the next-morning), like with alcohol.

Stress KILLS....and, there's no better therapy than a good night's sleep....if you can calm-your-brain-down, long enough, to get one.

"conservatives"/"moralists"/religious-fundamentalists need to get-OVER the concept we're "here" to suffer! If that's THEIR "ticket" thru the Pearly Gates....they're entitled to all the suffering they can manage....but, they can also "pack" their witnessing (sharing their grief) straight-up-their-ASS!! I'd rather spend my time enjoying Life. The last I heard....Pursuit Of Happiness is also an option, available.

I have NO obligation to be another "saved-soul" for some religious-nutjob who HAS no other Life.....outside o' building-up bonus-points to get thru some fairy-tale Gate that's never existed (except in their imagination).

talk to your butt buddy Shamen......im sure he can show you some nice colors while hes fucking you....

talk to your butt buddy Shamen......im sure he can show you some nice colors while hes fucking you....
Saddle-up, pal.

As often as you've gotten your ass kicked (regarding Legalization).....

icehotel3.jpg

....you should benefit, greatly, from the ride.

827.gif

Sure. But I think ending the federal prohibition could save some federal tax dollars, and possibly increase tax revenue for states that would choose to legalize it.

yes I can see that, however, I am trying to square that, with...this;

images

6_540x405.jpg
Smoking is not the only way to use marijuana, nor is it the best way. It is the most common way because it's convenient and the least expensive way -- due to its illegality.

Have you ever eaten anything cooked or baked with marijuana oil? If not you'll be surprised at the difference. The problem is it takes a lot of leaf and bud material to extract the oil from. Legalizing marijuana would in time make competitively priced baked goods available and smoking the leaf and bud will soon become passe. So it may be accurately said that prohibition is the main reason why smoking marijuana is the most common means of usage.

Those brownie's and cookies can be very good. Many people prefer this over smoking it. Also in my medical marijuana state--comes in candy--pie and all kinds of edibiles. They even put out a Christmas receipe book.

Last edited:

I don't agree with that.

Legalizing marijuana would appear as exactly what it is, the legalization of a primarily recreational substance which happens to have some medical usefulness but is not primarily a medication. More importantly and contrary to Reefer Madness propaganda, marijuana is essentially harmless. It is non-toxic and one cannot overdose on it, whereas the vast majority of prescription medications can effect serious harm if misused

The reason Big Pharma doesn't want marijuana legalized is it eventually will replace their most profitable product category, which is the broad variety of prescription tranquilizers. The fact is there is no better tranquilizer than marijuana. Its effect is superior to any other and it is not addictive or harmful to the liver.

The booze industry is also intimidated by the prospect of legal pot, which in time would seriously affect its bottom line. Marijuana is superior in every way to booze -- and it is harmless.

Nixon hated pot. He was a paranoid, racist, ignorant SOB. He associated it with homos, jews, communists, and moral decay.

To this day, pot is still a Schedule I drug and Obama's DOJ are raiding and arresting people.

The Drugs on War will continue. It is very profitable for the government, the CIA, and the bankers. There is no incentive for the government to end this useless 40 year war that will never be won, but loves to create violence, racism, injustice, and lower economic prosperity.

Last edited:

I don't agree with that.

Legalizing marijuana would appear as exactly what it is, the legalization of a primarily recreational substance which happens to have some medical usefulness but is not primarily a medication. More importantly and contrary to Reefer Madness propaganda, marijuana is essentially harmless. It is non-toxic and one cannot overdose on it, whereas the vast majority of prescription medications can effect serious harm if misused

The reason Big Pharma doesn't want marijuana legalized is it eventually will replace their most profitable product category, which is the broad variety of prescription tranquilizers. The fact is there is no better tranquilizer than marijuana. Its effect is superior to any other and it is not addictive or harmful to the liver.

The booze industry is also intimidated by the prospect of legal pot, which in time would seriously affect its bottom line. Marijuana is superior in every way to booze -- and it is harmless.

This is damn true. Too much lobbyism to allow a new entrant as big as pot into the market.

I think Barney Frank just wants to get stoned legally.

Tax it, regulate it (to make the best pot in the world) and EXPORT IT!

$14,000,000,000,000,000, in debt solved.

Package it and say, grown in America! :)

Yep--something that would put Americans back to work. No outsourcing of growing marijuana. It has to be home-grown pot.
....And, it wouldn't hurt reviving the American family-farm, as well.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74IEIQJ--_4]YouTube - ‪Controversial Crop‬‏[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Barney Frank just wants to get stoned legally.

Probably true.

He and about 25,000,000 of his fellow citizens would appreciate the end of the shit, if you don't mind.

Or for that matter, even if you do.

yes I can see that, however, I am trying to square that, with...this;

images

6_540x405.jpg
Smoking is not the only way to use marijuana, nor is it the best way. It is the most common way because it's convenient and the least expensive way -- due to its illegality.

Have you ever eaten anything cooked or baked with marijuana oil? If not you'll be surprised at the difference. The problem is it takes a lot of leaf and bud material to extract the oil from. Legalizing marijuana would in time make competitively priced baked goods available and smoking the leaf and bud will soon become passe. So it may be accurately said that prohibition is the main reason why smoking marijuana is the most common means of usage.

Those brownie's and cookies can be very good. Many people prefer this over smoking it. Also in my medical marijuana state--comes in candy--pie and all kinds of edibiles. They even put out a Christmas receipe book.
....Not to mention, it's an....

AMERICAN TRADITION!!!!

394.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBXIfs85lis]YouTube - ‪Marijuana Cannabis A Chronic History 1 6 The History Channel‬‏[/ame]​

The booze industry is also intimidated by the prospect of legal pot, which in time would seriously affect its bottom line.
I'm not convinced of that.

As far back as I can remember (late-'60s), every "head" enjoyed a joint & a cold-brew.

If you're talkin'-about hard-core booze/distilled-spirits.....maybe. You'd be hard-pressed to find folks who didn't enjoy gettin' loaded & drinkin' a couple Margaritas or some well-made (dry/tart) Kamikazies. I'm sure there are others who prefer booze with more color.

It's pretty-much "Different strokes, for different folks" & different situations. Hell....people will figure-out what's "best" for them. I'd (personally) prefer access to both.; Pot & alcohol.​

Forum List

Back