Report Card

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
In their first 100 days, House Republicans have stood up for Big Oil's taxpayer subsidies, protected tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas, repealed health insurance reform for their constituents while keeping it for themselves, passed a budget that would cost 700,000 jobs, and even focused on an extreme right-wing social agenda that nearly shut down government. Republicans have done all that and haven’t done a single thing to focus on the top priority of the American people – creating jobs.

Report Card: House Republicans First 100 Days on the

In their first 100 days, House Republicans have stood up for Big Oil's taxpayer subsidies, protected tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas, repealed health insurance reform for their constituents while keeping it for themselves, passed a budget that would cost 700,000 jobs, and even focused on an extreme right-wing social agenda that nearly shut down government. Republicans have done all that and haven’t done a single thing to focus on the top priority of the American people – creating jobs.

You forgot the parts about repubs wanting the chillus to be ign'int and granny eating dog food. :rolleyes:

They've tackled the really tough issues. Third Rail issues!

National Public Radio and Planned Parenthood.

Once these two deficit busters have been cleared from the decks, serious budget cutting can finally take place. No revenue issues, mind you. We can't afford to piss off the millionaires and billionaires who footed the bill for these Conservatives campaigns. But what has Big Bird done in the name of Conservative policy lately? He sings to minorities (who are either illegal immigrants or secret Muslims like Obama).

poppycock and gobbledygook

When are you people going to realize that the reason companies are shifting jobs overseas is because you

1) Overtax them
2) Artificially inflate labor costs through overregulation.

You want them to stop, you are going to have to stop doing those things.

Did you miss it?

Since the GOP took the House, unemployment came down around 1-2%

sorry about that.

http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.us.htm

It's ~ 1%

Imagine how lower it could have gone had we taken all of Congress!!

:mauhaha:

Last edited:

Once these two deficit busters have been cleared from the decks, serious budget cutting can finally take place. No revenue issues, mind you. We can't afford to piss off the millionaires and billionaires who footed the bill for these Conservatives campaigns. But what has Big Bird done in the name of Conservative policy lately? He sings to minorities (who are either illegal immigrants or secret Muslims like Obama).

They already receive in excess of $2.2 trillion in revenue...Spending and excessive bureaucracy are and will remain the problem.

When are you people going to realize that the reason companies are shifting jobs overseas is because you

1) Overtax them
2) Artificially inflate labor costs through overregulation.

You want them to stop, you are going to have to stop doing those things.

Yep the WALL erected by gubmint has to be torn down. Until that happens? The exodus will continue...to the few that remain? Obama has already announced his plans...He's gonna tax you outta the country as well.

Oddball had a good comment...the spending by Congress has to cease...

I'm torn between fear that the 'reformed' GOP will cave and not force the reforms they have promised and encouragement that they have at least initiated a small start. I can't give them the A that some have given them thus far, but they at least merit a C+ for doing better at reclaiming fiscal integrity than anything the Democrats have attempted since they gained the power in 2006.

I won't believe they are really serious until they start passing legislation cutting off funding for Obama's czars and his other non essential staff and ratcheting down funding for perks for the House and Senate and their staffs--let's let THEM participate in the 'sacrifice' for awhile.

And then when they start through the budget line by line chiseling out EVERY unnecessary expenditure and EVERY program that the Federal government doesn't have to do, I'll start seeing A plusses on that report card. Not until then though because until they are willing to do that, they aren't really going to be serious.

I'm torn between fear that the 'reformed' GOP will cave and not force the reforms they have promised and encouragement that they have at least initiated a small start. I can't give them the A that some have given them thus far, but they at least merit a C+ for doing better at reclaiming fiscal integrity than anything the Democrats have attempted since they gained the power in 2006.

I won't believe they are really serious until they start passing legislation cutting off funding for Obama's czars and his other non essential staff and ratcheting down funding for perks for the House and Senate and their staffs--let's let THEM participate in the 'sacrifice' for awhile.

And then when they start through the budget line by line chiseling out EVERY unnecessary expenditure and EVERY program that the Federal government doesn't have to do, I'll start seeing A plusses on that report card. Not until then though because until they are willing to do that, they aren't really going to be serious.

First Read - Ryan budget plan passes House; only 4 GOP reps vote no

Ryan budget plan passes House; only 4 GOP reps vote no

That's a B+

At the very least.

Damn. Sounds like a start to me.
The Dums are screaming like stuck pigs. The GOP must be doing something right.

First Read - Ryan budget plan passes House; only 4 GOP reps vote no

Ryan budget plan passes House; only 4 GOP reps vote no

That's a B+

At the very least.

I dunno. I wish I had not become so jaded over the years, but I'm afraid I am. They know there is zero chance of the President supporting this legislation or the Senate passing it. Whenever you spread something over ten years with no mandate for its implementation, there is little chance any of these guys will have to live with any negative consequences of the plan. Many will be out of office. Those that endure for another ten years know they can 'fix' anyting really unpopular before it becomes a problem for them.

I want to see real honest-to-goodness tangible cuts NOW. Money we won't have to borrow now. Money we won't have to look to taxpayers to cover now. I want to see serious fiscal integrity of elected leaders looking at non essential expenses against an empty treasury and say we can't afford to do this now. Later on maybe if things improve, but for now, no funding.

THEN I'll know they are serious.

Edit: I want them to treat the people's money like we do. If we have unexpected expenditures or lose our job or our hours or salary is cut way back so that there are less revenues, we don't bump up our spending. We make do with the old car for now instead of buying a new one. We postpone that Riviera cruise we were planning to take in the spring and put off the trip to Hawaii over the summer.

And we sure don't obligate ourselves to pay out a lot more money than we can realistically expect to take in over the next ten years even after making some significant budget cuts.

Last edited:

They already receive in excess of $2.2 trillion in revenue...Spending and excessive bureaucracy are and will remain the problem.
2.2 trillion for public broadcasting and Planned Parenthood? Wanna back that up, or do you expect us to just roll over and accept the hype?

Out of every tax dollar collected, how much goes to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting? How much to Planned Parenthood?

2.2 trillion for public broadcasting and Planned Parenthood? Wanna back that up, or do you expect us to just roll over and accept the hype?

Out of every tax dollar collected, how much goes to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting? How much to Planned Parenthood?

No, idiot. He means the FedGov receives over 2.2T in revenue. If they can't live within their means why should we give them more money?

No, idiot. He means the FedGov receives over 2.2T in revenue. If they can't live within their means why should we give them more money?
Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting are political targets. Not fiscal budget busters. The hype is transparent.

You know, this is one of your very best posts....

Wow, some folks don't live up to their promises, do they???

And speaking of the 'first 100 days," this from November 11, 2008:

"President-elect Barack Obama over the weekend scrubbed his transition Web site, deleting most of what had been a massive agenda for his first term that appears on his campaign’s site.

Gone from Change.gov are the promises on how an Obama administration would handle 25 agenda items — from Iraq and immigration to taxes and urban policy — which the campaign first laid out on the Web site Obama for America | barackobama.com.

As The Washington Times first reported Monday morning, the official agenda on Change.gov has been boiled down to one vague paragraph proclaiming a plan “to revive the economy, to fix our health care, education, and social security systems, to define a clear path to energy independence, to end the war in Iraq responsibly and finish our mission in Afghanistan, and to work with our allies to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, among many other domestic and foreign policy objectives.” EXCLUSIVE: Agenda disappears from Obama Web site - Washington Times

And, how did he do on those that were left?

Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting are political targets. Not fiscal budget busters. The hype is transparent.

The whole budget is political.
Why should we be giving money to those two liberal entities when they can raise money on their own? Cut them off.

Nope.

But they are totally unecessary programs that we taxpayers are footing the bills for. If they want money, hold more telethons.

This "cut them off" and "hold more telethons" line of thinking; is it purely political, or do you sincerely believe that the federal budget simply cannot abide the level of spending these two organizations claim?

You know, this is one of your very best posts....

Wow, some folks don't live up to their promises, do they???

And speaking of the 'first 100 days," this from November 11, 2008:

"President-elect Barack Obama over the weekend scrubbed his transition Web site, deleting most of what had been a massive agenda for his first term that appears on his campaign’s site.

Gone from Change.gov are the promises on how an Obama administration would handle 25 agenda items — from Iraq and immigration to taxes and urban policy — which the campaign first laid out on the Web site Obama for America | barackobama.com.

As The Washington Times first reported Monday morning, the official agenda on Change.gov has been boiled down to one vague paragraph proclaiming a plan “to revive the economy, to fix our health care, education, and social security systems, to define a clear path to energy independence, to end the war in Iraq responsibly and finish our mission in Afghanistan, and to work with our allies to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, among many other domestic and foreign policy objectives.” EXCLUSIVE: Agenda disappears from Obama Web site - Washington Times

And, how did he do on those that were left?

I'm sure R will have a hell of a comeback for ya PC, LOL

Forum List

Back