Report Card

This "cut them off" and "hold more telethons" line of thinking; is it purely political, or do you sincerely believe that the federal budget simply cannot abide the level of spending these two organizations claim?

It cannot abide the present level of spending. Since those two orgs are perfectly capable of raising their own funds why should we continue to fund them?

This "cut them off" and "hold more telethons" line of thinking; is it purely political, or do you sincerely believe that the federal budget simply cannot abide the level of spending these two organizations claim?

It cannot abide the present level of spending. Since those two orgs are perfectly capable of raising their own funds why should we continue to fund them?
I feel the same way about subsidies to corporate farms, but I find it odd that they were not the primary target of the Republican politicians.

Smells more like pure politics to me.

Anyone who thinks about it realizes that we can't abide the spending any superfluous program makes.

If you don't start cutting wasteful spending, how the heck do you ever expect to pay off teh deficit?

I feel the same way about subsidies to corporate farms, but I find it odd that they were not the primary target of the Republican politicians.

Smells more like pure politics to me.

Oh, rly?
he Associated Press reports that the proposal by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to cut agriculture programs by $30 billion over the next 10 years as part of the House GOP blueprint to reduce federal spending. The Ryan plan is seen as framing debate for the 2012 farm bill. House Agriculture Committee Chairman Frank Lucas (R-Okla.) commended Ryan for “taking the first serious step in reining in our deficit” but was quick to add that the policy proposals “are simply suggestions. At the end of the day, members of the House Agriculture Committee and I will write the next farm bill.” For more, see the
Ryan Budget Plan Seen as Framing 2012 Farm Bill Debate | Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation

Agricultural subsidies are of course a big complex issue. Planned Parenthood and NPR shouldn't be.

1st.. I won't take a grade given by some winger blog seriously
2nd... No, they have not done as much as I would like or to the extent that I would like... but then again they have the Senate and Obama against them...

I do expect better from there politicians though.. else time for them to go like the ones they replaced

The treasury is bare. Not even enough there to feed moths and roaches. So ANY monies that do not HAVE to be spent are budget busters right now. We are 14 trillion in debt with projected deficits approaching the entire U.S. economy. We either STOP SPENDING now or we will achieve third world status in the near future because there won't be any income or jobs for anybody.

It would be wonderful perhaps to hand every single deserving group what they need to stay in business, but the world doesn't work like that. There is no money. It doesn't matter if this is as worthy as that or something is just as important as something else, we don't have any money in the vault.

If Planned Parenthood is worth keeping open and operating, then they'll just have to get more aggressive in private fund raising to sustain themselves or dump their phony not-for-profit status and run the place like a business. Ditto for PBS and NPR and every other worthy or not so worthy organization out there.

When did we arrive at the mindset that big government was necessary for good work to be done? It is killing us. And we have to stop.

Forum List

Back