Reply to thread when you get it

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
It's not too hard....

red shift.jpeg

I was gonna say Dem vs Rep until I noticed the nose length, unless that is just incidental.

You didn't get it.
Oops, just noticed it is in the science and technology thread. :04:

Coming towards you, the car is catching up on its own lightwaves, Vc - S, velocity of light (c) minus speed of car, bunching them together into shorter bluer waves. Receding, it is Vc + S, dragging the lightwaves out as the car adds its speed to the wavelength. Mind you, the speed of the light propagation (c) isn't changed, that is a constant, just the wavelength/frequency is affected.

So if the car came at you fast enough, approaching C, it would appear as a motionless thin line and never reach you. It would take almost forever for the car to arrive, but to the passenger, only a few moments would pass then when he got out of the car, you would be an old man.

You didn't get it.

Coming towards you, the car is catching up on its own lightwaves, Vc - S, velocity of light (c) minus speed of car, bunching them together into shorter bluer waves. Receding, is is Vc + S, dragging the lightwaves out as the car adds its speed to the wavelength. Mind you, the speed of the light propagation (c) isn't changed, that is a constant, just the wavelength/frequency is affected.

So if the car came at you fast enough, approaching C, it would appear as a motionless thin line and never reach you. It would take almost forever for the car to arrive, but to the passenger, only a few moments would pass then when he got out of the car, you would be an old man.
I Am an old man! ;)

You didn't get it.

Coming towards you, the car is catching up on its own lightwaves, Vc - S, velocity of light (c) minus speed of car, bunching them together into shorter bluer waves. Receding, is is Vc + S, dragging the lightwaves out as the car adds its speed to the wavelength. Mind you, the speed of the light propagation (c) isn't changed, that is a constant, just the wavelength/frequency is affected.

I Am an old man! ;)

Which is why it pays to drive very fast and to live on tall mountains. Both make you live longer by slowing down time! ;)

Okay, I got this thread. Just a few moments ago after I logged on.
Before you get the prize though, you have one more question to answer.
1. If you were traveling in your car at the speed of light and turned your headlights on, would they do anything?

(Submitted by Dr. Steven Wright PHD)
(Supported by Dr. 7 of 9 jeri.jpg PH double D)

Forum List

Back