An Explanation Of Democrat Success

"People are getting dumber. That's not a judgment; it's a global fact. In a host of leading nations, IQ scores have started to decline."

This is obvious to anyone paying even cursory attention these last 50 years or so.

Opinion | Many developed countries are getting dumber, and the U.S. is likely next
Your link says the decline has yet to hit the US so that doesn't explain Dem success. However, education levels are rising so that may be it. :eusa_dance:

Whatever the politics I suspect the IQ tests just need to be updated. I'd be unable to make a good hand axe but I don't think I'm dumber than a Neanderthal. We certainly don't need to commit as much to memory as we used to since we have Google everywhere we go.

"People are getting dumber. That's not a judgment; it's a global fact. In a host of leading nations, IQ scores have started to decline."

This is obvious to anyone paying even cursory attention these last 50 years or so.

Opinion | Many developed countries are getting dumber, and the U.S. is likely next
Your link says the decline has yet to hit the US

I disagree with that assessment. Strongly.

Whatever the politics I suspect the IQ tests just need to be updated. I'd be unable to make a good hand axe but I don't think I'm dumber than a Neanderthal. We certainly don't need to commit as much to memory as we used to since we have Google everywhere we go.

And when Google becomes unavailable?

What is that based on?

Barring a Zombie apocalypse, time won't go backwards. We haven't gone back to stone hand-axes and Google, or something better, will always be available.

What is that based on?

50 years of closely observing the decay of the culture, the politics and the educational level of the American animal.

Barring a Zombie apocalypse, time won't go backwards. We haven't gone back to stone hand-axes and Google, or something better, will always be available.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Your link says the decline has yet to hit the US so that doesn't explain Dem success. However, education levels are rising so that may be it. :eusa_dance:

Education levels? What education? By and large, people in this country are becoming dumber than a box of rocks and can't do diddly squat for themselves. Hell I doubt six out of ten or even less can successfully build and light a fire without a box of matches. Many would probably say they don't have a cell phone app for that. To my mind real education has to do with accumulating USEFUL knowledge and gaining the ability to but that knowledge to good use.

Education levels? What education? By and large, people in this country are becoming dumber than a box of rocks and can't do diddly squat for themselves. Hell I doubt six out of ten or even less can successfully build and light a fire without a box of matches. Many would probably say they don't have a cell phone app for that. To my mind real education has to do with accumulating USEFUL knowledge and gaining the ability to but that knowledge to good use.
You really think it is USEFUL knowledge to successfully build and light a fire without a box of matches? What century are you writing in? I haven't that since Boy Scouts.

On the other hand, I use a computer daily so my math and writing knowledge is what is USEFUL to me.

Forum List

Back