Video game addiction to be recognized as official disease?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
TELEMMGLPICT000175275640_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

I wonder if the same thing could be said for people who never get their faces our of their cell phones or similar devices.

Video game addiction could soon become an official disease as the World Health Organisation is set to put the issue to a vote next week.

The vote comes as a growing body of evidence points to young gamers facing psychological distress as a result of addictive behaviour in relation to video games such as Fortnite.

MRI scans have pointed to links between depression and video game addiction, as well as the way addictive video games can have a similar effect on children’s brains as drug abuse or alcoholism.

Last year, the WHO made the decision to class video gaming as a medical disorder as part of the 11th revision of the International Classification of Diseases.

You want more of this? Go to Video game addiction could soon be recognised as official disease by WHO

TELEMMGLPICT000175275640_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

I wonder if the same thing could be said for people who never get their faces our of their cell phones or similar devices.

Video game addiction could soon become an official disease as the World Health Organisation is set to put the issue to a vote next week.

The vote comes as a growing body of evidence points to young gamers facing psychological distress as a result of addictive behaviour in relation to video games such as Fortnite.

MRI scans have pointed to links between depression and video game addiction, as well as the way addictive video games can have a similar effect on children’s brains as drug abuse or alcoholism.

Last year, the WHO made the decision to class video gaming as a medical disorder as part of the 11th revision of the International Classification of Diseases.

You want more of this? Go to Video game addiction could soon be recognised as official disease by WHO
Awesome!!! Now I can get treatment!!!!

Or not......

New Topics

Forum List

Back