Repealing the second amendment...

The second amendment is as archaic as the third
Neither is relevant to todays society

Given that we have long since given up on the need for a well regulated militia, there is no need to maintain a second amendment to stock it with arms

Gun rights should be established at the state level....they know what is best for their security

As long as you mean that the citizens of the whole state then I can agree. That’s pretty much how it is now.

Absolutely

If a state wants to look like Somalia....let them
If they want to be like Japan....let them

That’s not accurate. If it were, no one would live out in the country. You would have to say Houston is pretty damn gun friendly. Always has been, yet Joe Biden saw fit to send his son here when he was sick. It’s not “The Green Zone” here. Ease of ownership has been addressed over and over again in every mass shooting and none of them have changed the fact that mass killings are still happening.

Haha. So you want to make background checks quicker and also make purchases anonymous? I can’t believe nobody listens to your genius!

Maybe next we can build that wall and also open the border! :cuckoo:
There is no reason why background checks can’t take only a few seconds, The FBI already Does not keep records of firearm purchases why should anyone else?
Few seconds would be great if the right system is in place. Bring it on. If Purchase records would help with criminal investigations then I’d be for those as well
Criminals don’t purchase firearms, so no need for that...
Really? You don’t think any gun that has been used in a crime had been purchased at a store? Really? Wow you are clueless. Try looking back at the last few mass shootings we’ve had in this country.

Those were purchased through our background check system....almost every mass public shooter passed current, federal background checks, and because they passed those, they would pass any universal background check as well....

Criminals use straw buyers or steal the guns.
You just said that almost every mass public shooter bought through our legal system. Then you say criminals buy through straw buyers. Do you not consider mass murders criminals?

Can you understand that if these mass shooters had bought machine guns and grenades instead of pistols and semi’s then more people would likely be dead? Can you see that maybe if they didn’t have as much firepower as they had then perhaps less people would be dead? What aren’t you understanding here?

Haha. So you want to make background checks quicker and also make purchases anonymous? I can’t believe nobody listens to your genius!

Maybe next we can build that wall and also open the border! :cuckoo:
There is no reason why background checks can’t take only a few seconds, The FBI already Does not keep records of firearm purchases why should anyone else?
Few seconds would be great if the right system is in place. Bring it on. If Purchase records would help with criminal investigations then I’d be for those as well
Really? You don’t think any gun that has been used in a crime had been purchased at a store? Really? Wow you are clueless. Try looking back at the last few mass shootings we’ve had in this country.

Don’t really matter. So it’s known, I own three guns that were never on a store shelf and they are 1000% compliant with all state and federal laws.
I’m not seeing your point

It seems the drumbeat is on again... well good luck. Lol

STEP 1: PROPOSING AN AMENDMENT

Either Congress or the states can propose an amendment to the Constitution.

• Both houses of Congress must propose the amendment with a two-thirds vote. This is how all current amendments have been offered.
  • Two-thirds of the state legislatures must call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention.
STEP 2. RATIFYING AN AMENDMENT
Regardless of how the amendment is proposed, it must be ratified by the States.

• Three-fourths of the state legislatures must approve of the amendment proposed by Congress, or

• Three-fourths of the states must approve the amendment via ratifying conventions. This method has only been used once, to repeal Prohibition with the 21st Amendment.
election-2016-county-map.png

Proto-Communists (Democrats) were one SCOTUS vote away from essentially repealing the Second Amendment

Those were purchased through our background check system....almost every mass public shooter passed current, federal background checks, and because they passed those, they would pass any universal background check as well....

You just said that almost every mass public shooter bought through our legal system. Then you say criminals buy through straw buyers. Do you not consider mass murders criminals?

Can you understand that if these mass shooters had bought machine guns and grenades instead of pistols and semi’s then more people would likely be dead? Can you see that maybe if they didn’t have as much firepower as they had then perhaps less people would be dead? What aren’t you understanding here?

Straw buyers can pass background checks.....that is why criminals use them, making background checks useless for stopping criminals.....

Yes....mass public shooters are criminals, but they aren't criminals before the attack and can easily pass background checks.

A guy with a rental truck in France murdered more people than all but one mass shooting here in the U.S.......what aren't you understanding.....?

Mass shootings are the rarest of rare events...it is street criminals who do the most shooting, not mass shooters......and if we ended gun free zones, then we would reduce mass shootings.

The mass shooter in Las Vegas pretty much used an almost automatic weapon, fired over 1,000 rounds of ammo into a tightly packed crowd of 22,000 people...

He killed 58.

The guy in France, with a rental truck....killed 86.

Do you understand why your concern isn't legitimate?

Gun free countries.....and number of deaths by those governments....?

You can't over throw a government without guns............after we used guns to kick out the British......and now, because we have 600 million guns, our government can't just start murdering us......they just let criminals in democrat cities murder each other....

WILLIAMS: Fascism And Communism

The People's Republic of China tops the list, with 76 million lives lost at the hands of the government from 1949 to 1987.

The Soviet Union follows, with 62 million lives lost from 1917 to 1987.

Adolf Hitler's Nazi German government killed 21 million people between 1933 and 1945.

Then there are lesser murdering regimes, such as Nationalist China, Japan, Turkey, Vietnam and Mexico. According to Rummel's research, the 20th century saw 262 millionpeople's lives lost at the hands of their own governments.

Don’t really matter. So it’s known, I own three guns that were never on a store shelf and they are 1000% compliant with all state and federal laws.
I’m not seeing your point

I forgot. It’s the weed

What our second amendment has gotten us:
Dead Presidents
Mass killings
Suicides
Highest murder rate in the industrialized world

What it has not gotten us:
Security

You can't over throw a government without guns............after we used guns to kick out the British......and now, because we have 600 million guns, our government can't just start murdering us......they just let criminals in democrat cities murder each other....

The People's Republic of China tops the list, with 76 million lives lost at the hands of the government from 1949 to 1987.

Adolf Hitler's Nazi German government killed 21 million people between 1933 and 1945.

Then there are lesser murdering regimes, such as Nationalist China, Japan, Turkey, Vietnam and Mexico. According to Rummel's research, the 20th century saw 262 millionpeople's lives lost at the hands of their own governments.

Fat, untrained gun nuts cannot defeat the strongest military in the history of the world

Fat, untrained gun nuts cannot defeat the strongest military in the history of the world

And that there is why our country sucks so bad. Wouldn’t say I’m a gun nut, mostly an archery fiend, but you just called me a fat gun but who thinks he needs his little AR to take out invading blue hats from the UN or to resist an evil democrat party led American government. It’s like me saying all blacks are on welfare and only get ahead because of affermitive action. It’s not true and it sounds retarded.

Democrats don't just let criminals in democrat cities murder one another. Democrats actively encourage criminals to murder law abiding citizens. That's how the killer of Kate Steinle went free.

Straw buyers can pass background checks.....that is why criminals use them, making background checks useless for stopping criminals.....

Yes....mass public shooters are criminals, but they aren't criminals before the attack and can easily pass background checks.

A guy with a rental truck in France murdered more people than all but one mass shooting here in the U.S.......what aren't you understanding.....?

Mass shootings are the rarest of rare events...it is street criminals who do the most shooting, not mass shooters......and if we ended gun free zones, then we would reduce mass shootings.

The mass shooter in Las Vegas pretty much used an almost automatic weapon, fired over 1,000 rounds of ammo into a tightly packed crowd of 22,000 people...

He killed 58.

My concern is absolutely legitimate and you just proved it. Let’s back up and keep this real simple. Look at the mass shooters.

They ARE criminals who killed people.

They purchased weapons through our legal system.

Those two simple points which YOU just stated shows that killers buy guns through our legal system. So control measures in our legal system are relevant.

Back to what I asked before. If these guys had bought machine guns and granades do you think there would have been more dead? If your answer is yes, which we all know it is, then we can agree that the gun control laws that highly regulate automatic weapons and things like granades are a good thing and have likely reduced violence and death. I don’t understand why it is so hard for you to acknowledge that.

And that there is why our country sucks so bad. Wouldn’t say I’m a gun nut, mostly an archery fiend, but you just called me a fat gun but who thinks he needs his little AR to take out invading blue hats from the UN or to resist an evil democrat party led American government. It’s like me saying all blacks are on welfare and only get ahead because of affermitive action. It’s not true and it sounds retarded.

Idiots with AR-15s with commando fantasies

Our second amendment has killed more Americans than all of our wars combined

Not exactly keeping us safe

He killed 58.

My concern is absolutely legitimate and you just proved it. Let’s back up and keep this real simple. Look at the mass shooters.

They ARE criminals who killed people.

They purchased weapons through our legal system.

Those two simple points which YOU just stated shows that killers buy guns through our legal system. So control measures in our legal system are relevant.

Back to what I asked before. If these guys had bought machine guns and granades do you think there would have been more dead? If your answer is yes, which we all know it is, then we can agree that the gun control laws that highly regulate automatic weapons and things like granades are a good thing and have likely reduced violence and death. I don’t understand why it is so hard for you to acknowledge that.

Wrong. They purchased their guns as law abiding citizens. They then went on to commit crimes after buying the guns as law abiding citizens. Actual criminals are not allowed to buy, own or carry guns...but they get them anyway even with our federal background check system.

Do you realize that fully automatic weapons are already regulated, and you can't buy grenades. Do you understand that? If the shooter in Las Vegas had wanted a fully automatic weapon, he could have legally bought one, since he was rich? Do you understand that?

Mass shooters do not need fully automatic weapons so they don't buy them. Criminals don't need fully automatic weapons so they don't buy them. Terrorists in France, on government terrorist watch lists bought fully automatic military weapons in France....where fully automatic military weapons are completely illegal....do you understand that?

Gun laws do not stop criminals, mass shooter or even terrorists on government watch lists from getting fully automatic weapons.....they get them if they want them.

Wrong....that meme is a lie. In Fact, the opposite is true. Americans use guns on average 1,500,000 times a year....so if you go back to 1941 when we entered World War 2...76 years....and multiply those numbers out.....Americans used guns 114,000,000 times to stop violent criminals and to save lives.......our war deaths don't even come close to that idiot.....

Wrong....that meme is a lie. In Fact, the opposite is true. Americans use guns on average 1,500,000 times a year....so if you go back to 1941 when we entered World War 2...76 years....and multiply those numbers out.....Americans used guns 114,000,000 times to stop violent criminals and to save lives.......our war deaths don't even come close to that idiot.....

NRA fantasy numbers

Forum List

Back