Repealing the second amendment...

Rustic

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2015
It seems the drumbeat is on again... well good luck. Lol

STEP 1: PROPOSING AN AMENDMENT

Either Congress or the states can propose an amendment to the Constitution.

• Both houses of Congress must propose the amendment with a two-thirds vote. This is how all current amendments have been offered.
  • Two-thirds of the state legislatures must call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention.
STEP 2. RATIFYING AN AMENDMENT
Regardless of how the amendment is proposed, it must be ratified by the States.

• Three-fourths of the state legislatures must approve of the amendment proposed by Congress, or

• Three-fourths of the states must approve the amendment via ratifying conventions. This method has only been used once, to repeal Prohibition with the 21st Amendment.
election-2016-county-map.png

Can you post a link to someone calling for the repeal of the 2nd amendment?
Every time anyone calls for so called “universal background checks”... its a dog whistle.

No, not really. You could have universal background checks and not go through the process you listed above. So, they really are not connected at all.

A bigger concern is universal gun registration. Though it would be a pipe dream as too many people have guns that would never register them. I know I sure would not.

I'd just settle for a repeal of both the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968 . Machine guns and silencers are just too damned expensive these days, thanks to the first one. And I miss having the Post Office deliver inexpensive firearms to me door like they did before the second one.

I bought two WW2 German Mausers in 1967 for $15 bucks apiece. The Post Office charged me $4 apiece for shipping.

• Banned
Every time anyone calls for so called “universal background checks”... its a dog whistle.

No, not really. You could have universal background checks and not go through the process you listed above. So, they really are not connected at all.

A bigger concern is universal gun registration. Though it would be a pipe dream as too many people have guns that would never register them. I know I sure would not.
We already have background checks, everyone that buys a firearm from me has to. Usually it takes less than five minutes(which is way too slow) and they are out the door.

Private sales are none of the federal governments business...

Nah we ALL know by now calling for outright ban doesn't work. They will call for bans on certain weapons,expanded checks,bans on clip size,tighter registration etc..give an inch they take a mile.

Which is what makes me scratch my head about the OP.

We already have background checks, everyone that buys a firearm from me has to. Usually it takes less than five minutes(which is way too slow) and they are out the door.

Yes, I am aware of that and I agree with your last sentence, except I would add that they are not even the business of the individual state.

Your OP just confuses me since nobody is trying to use the process that you laid out.

Yes, I am aware of that and I agree with your last sentence, except I would add that they are not even the business of the individual state.

Your OP just confuses me since nobody is trying to use the process that you laid out.
Keep lying troll. I posted several links you asked for and you ignore it. Another lying regressive lib outed.

Opinion | Repeal the Second Amendment

Inevitability or pipe dream?: Meet the Second Amendment repealists

Michael Moore Calls for Repeal of 'Ancient & Outdated' 2nd Amendment

Why It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

Katy Tur Suggests Repealing 2nd Amendment Should Be Democrats' End Goal

We don't need the 2nd Amendment — we need a real debate about guns

Daily Kos: Repeal or Amend the Second Amendment (RASA)

Last edited:

The anti-gun nutters want absolute gun confiscation, Most of them do not realize what it takes to get rid of the second amendment.

• Both houses of Congress must propose the amendment with a two-thirds vote. This is how all current amendments have been offered.
  • Two-thirds of the state legislatures must call on Congress to hold a constitutional convention.

• Three-fourths of the state legislatures must approve of the amendment proposed by Congress, or

• Three-fourths of the states must approve the amendment via ratifying conventions. This method has only been used once, to repeal Prohibition with the 21st Amendment.
Our Founding Fathers got it right, this time. The only thing we are repealing is right wing sense of Entitlement to general warfare spending instead of general welfare spending.

Our Founding Fathers got it right, this time. The only thing we are repealing is right wing sense of Entitlement to general warfare spending instead of general welfare spending.
Classic! Regressives always want more welfare.

Classic! Regressives always want more welfare.
If there was no available welfare, people would stop looking for it...

Why do you people have this delusion that the left wants to repeal the 2nd amendment?

Why do you people have this delusion that the left wants to repeal the 2nd amendment?
Every time They bring up universal background checks that’s what that means…

Forum List

Back