Rep suggestion - Up Yours

wordproblems.jpg

Kidding.

Okay. I think people should be honored for supporting this board with their presence. My suggestion is that they get the ability to give five more rep per day per calendar year that they've been here. Limited to 20 until one year, then 25, 30 at two years, 35 at 3, etc.

Possible?

:clap2:

Great idea!

Kidding.

Okay. I think people should be honored for supporting this board with their presence. My suggestion is that they get the ability to give five more rep per day per calendar year that they've been here. Limited to 20 until one year, then 25, 30 at two years, 35 at 3, etc.

Possible?

why yes, because folks who garner 500 rep in 3 weeks or 2200 in 2 months need more...:lol:

Kidding.

Possible?

I laughed out loud at the thread title

Kidding.

Possible?

Like :thup:

Since I'm never here long enough to keep track of such things, how about changing the "thanks" (or adding a "no thanks") to a Thumbs Up and/or Thumbs Down?

Simple, to the point, a quick and easy vote.

Rep has grown exponentially out of control.

I think rep should be reduced by 90% and negs should be reduced to 25% of rep points.

There's to many rep rings going on also...

So, you shouldn't be allowed to rep the same member more than every 40th rep.

Kidding.

Possible?

Is there a rep limit per day? I never hit it.

Rep has grown exponentially out of control.

I think rep should be reduced by 90% and negs should be reduced to 25% of rep points.

There's to many rep rings going on also...

So, you shouldn't be allowed to rep the same member more than every 40th rep.
It's up from 10 to 12. That's reasonable, imho. No matter how perfect a system is developed, some will find a way around it. For people who play fair the present system works fairly well, except in my case, my poor health makes me lose getting to rep worthy people by taking me out early in so many ways. I'd do best under the old no-restrictions way. I don't think it's a good idea to rep the same person more than once a day, but some new posters need a boost until they catch onto granting rep to someone who's doing a good job out there with constant research online into current events. I often see one of these persons getting negatively reputation from those who pay zero attention to current events or do not even know the difference between political spin and an actual fact that will not go away with constant spins because it is so true.

I also believe that a lot more people at USMB use reputation to encourage backing up statements and negative rep to get someone's attention to stop being the north side of a horse goin' south.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back