rep markey asks if republicans will pass law denying gravity and relativity

Ah, cheap political points, how I love thee.

The proper response is that at least gravity or relativity are not being used to increase government control of our lives and economy. Also gravity is really easy to prove, drop an apple, it falls. Relativity is a bit harder, but does not impact a persons day to day life.

You dont need a model to show something falling.

This is especially funny given the usual liberal response to what we know about economics.

And I dont think gravity is a dumb law. So I see no good reason to repeal it
</sarcasm>

0bamacare, on the other hand...

If Rep. Markey thought he was being funny, I have a suggestion for him. He should not give up his day job to go into comedy. He'd be a total flop... then again, if this is his idea of civil politics, maybe he should give up his day job as well.

Immie

The proper response is that at least gravity or relativity are not being used to increase government control of our lives and economy. Also gravity is really easy to prove, drop an apple, it falls. Relativity is a bit harder, but does not impact a persons day to day life.

What the heck are you talking about. Government spends vasts amount of money and resources for fuel. That fuel is used to get planes off the ground. Planes are on the ground BECAUSE of gravity.

Ugh.

Science is only bad when it doesn't benefit the wealthy..is that the case?

What's even funnier.... that you actually think this is 'politics'. What an ass. :lol::lol:

while you may not like it. while you may not agree with it... it is, indeed politics.

i love ya babe, but sometimes your partisan slip shows.

If this is what passes for politics now then our education system is in worse shape than I thought.

The bill only removes the authority of the EPA to regulate greenhouse gasses under the clear Air Act. Any person that has any brains at all would admit that letting the EPA use a law that is completely inadequate to do something it was clearly not meant to do is a bad idea. Doesn't it make more sense to actually pass a law that is well thought out, designed to do what needs to be done, and actually has a chance to make things better? Do you honestly think it is a good idea to allow this to happen without any input from Congress at all?

WHAT? We aren't gonna deny gravity or relativity.

But we might defund it!!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: del

What the heck are you talking about. Government spends vasts amount of money and resources for fuel. That fuel is used to get planes off the ground. Planes are on the ground BECAUSE of gravity.

Ugh.

Science is only bad when it doesn't benefit the wealthy..is that the case?

Not at all the case.

After all........Al Gore invented some science that made him even wealthier. So that science was bad AND benefited the wealthy:tongue:

What's funny about this is that it's the Democrats who think they can write legislation and it changes reality.

If Rep. Markey thought he was being funny, I have a suggestion for him. He should not give up his day job to go into comedy. He'd be a total flop... then again, if this is his idea of civil politics, maybe he should give up his day job as well.

Immie

I'm not sure what he finds funny either, it just shows how out of touch these people are. They have no intention of cutting anything of substance, and will continue to tell the American people they are just too stupid to understand.
The GOP need to remind people that they shouldn't even be dealing with this budget. They are only doing so because of the incompetence of the last congress.

Let's see. For how long have the Kansas Republicans been trying to repeal Evolution? As a political party, the Republicans are engaged at present in denial of physics. How many times have we heard them state that CO2 has nothing to do with the increase in temperature of the atmosphere and ocean?

Forum List

Back