Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

Willow I dare you get out of the trailer, find some black folk, and casually start talking about a tar baby problem.

why don't you stick your head up your azz? I showed you where the term tar baby came from and what it is,, if you and the black folk want to mis interpret that as racist then go for it it just shows your ghetto ignorance.

What was that?

You don't want to do that?

Gee, I wonder why not.....

are you saying mis informed blacks are a violent people??

Anyone else as unsurprised as I am at who is defending this crap?

Not I. It's like watching a chronic loop of somebody doing the Limbo. "How low ... can you go ..."

People tend to be more open and honest about how they feel on the internet.
I don't think this represents the general consensus of the right. But it's interesting how it's only those on the right that are defending this. The same people seem to support the Tea Party, think Obama's a Muslim, are birthers, etc.

Hey California Girl..

Obama is "like" a jungle bunny running through the woods
Obama is "like" a spade or spook
Obama is "like" a coon in the night

Just words...just words

No need to be sensitive

If he had said any of those, I would call him a racist.

But he did not.

He referred to fucking policies - not the fucking president, you fucking moron.

Obamas policies are like a coon in the night
Obamas policies are like a jungle bunny running through the woods
Obamas policies are niggardly

Just words California Girl.......keep digging Girl.....keep digging

:dig:

He shouldn't have apologized.

Honest racists are better then dishonest ones.

Firstly, Uncle Remus stories were some of the most endearing stories ever told, and they were full of wit and wisdom on how sweet little animal characters could outfox the fox. Like Brer (Brother) Rabbit and his laffin' place, the Brier Patch. Of course, when he begged not to be thrown in the brier patch, he was and escaped forthwith.

Smart people use their wit to escape injustice, and that's exactly what Uncle Remus was all about, all the time.

To call someone a racist because he quotes from Uncle Remus is just silly.

The real rub is that it was said by a Republican, and all that is left to smear one with sometimes is the false charge of racism over any little thing for which a Democrat would be patted on the back.

Good gravy. :rolleyes:

Secondly, no real racist honest or dishonest does minority communities any good. That'd be like KKK folks of yesteryear riding into a minority area carrying guns and shooting people over a rumor sans a court hearing.

Last edited:

Firstly, Uncle Remus stories were some of the most endearing stories ever told, and they were full of wit and wisdom on how sweet little animal characters could outfox the fox. Like Brer (Brother) Rabbit and his laffin' place, the Brier Patch. Of course, when he begged not to be thrown in the brier patch, he was and escaped forthwith.

Smart people use their wit to escape injustice, and that's exactly what Uncle Remus was all about, all the time.

The real rub is that it was said by a Republican, and all that is left to smear one with sometimes is the false charge of racism over any little thing for which a Democrat would be patted on the back.

Secondly, no real racist honest or dishonest does minority communities any good. That'd be like KKK folks of yesteryear riding into a minority area carrying guns and shooting people over a rumor sans a court hearing.

What I find remarkable is that the guy apologized, but, yet and still, somehow liberals are being blamed for what he said. BTW, do you seriously think we all don't know the tar baby story? You left out how the term has been adopted by racist to refer to blacks in a derogatory manner. And no, a Democrat wouldn't be patted on the back for using that phrase. Or do you so soon forget how Harry Reid was condemned by Dems when he made the "negro dialect" comment? The difference was that liberals weren't trying to find some way to excuse him, or blame republicans for it.

I agree. Apparently, a sticky substance is now offensive. How pathetic. That's what left wing whining about 'racism' has done. We now cannot speak in case some fucking moron creates some faux outrage. Pathetic jerkoffs.

I agree..

And Jungle Bunnies are just rabbits that run around the jungle
And Coons are just furry creatures that get into your garbage
And Spooks are just ghosts

Why is everyone so sensitive California Girl?

So you compare apples to oranges often?

Fucking idiot.

The term was not originally racist.... unlike 'jungle bunnies', 'coons' and 'spooks'.

Does it hurt to be so fucking stupid?

You have to be fucking moron to think that referring to a black person as a "tar baby" in any context is going to fly.

:clap2:

Calling blacks names is far worse then calling any other race of people names

What I find remarkable is that the guy apologized, but, yet and still, somehow liberals are being blamed for what he said. BTW, do you seriously think we all don't know the tar baby story? You left out how the term has been adopted by racist to refer to blacks in a derogatory manner. And no, a Democrat wouldn't be patted on the back for using that phrase. Or do you so soon forget how Harry Reid was condemned by Dems when he made the "negro dialect" comment? The difference was that liberals weren't trying to find some way to excuse him, or blame republicans for it.
Literary experts do not back your claim up.

The Wonderful Tar-Baby Story
Editor's Analysis of "The Wonderful Tar-Baby Story

If anything, the stories of Uncle Remus point out how shrewd black people were in spite of the ill-mannered treatment they suffered with punishment for daring to learn how to read and write in some parts, and the stories should be read to show how their wisdom overcame nearly every encountered perverse trial they faced as well as their far better good humanness than any tormenter they had.

Speech issues? Hey, pal I endured years of whining about Bush's drawl at NYT Forums years ago, and it wasn't Republicans doing the complaining, it was Democrats.

So a race issue?

It gets the wah-wah trumpet ridicule it deserves from me.

Uncle Remus pulled out the best, not the worst in black people. Using dialect as a dagger on somebody else is nothing but a wire whisk that whips up froth in the silliest of ways.

Literary experts do not back your claim up.

The Wonderful Tar-Baby Story
Editor's Analysis of "The Wonderful Tar-Baby Story

If anything, the stories of Uncle Remus point out how shrewd black people were in spite of the ill-mannered treatment they suffered with punishment for daring to learn how to read and write in some parts, and the stories should be read to show how their wisdom overcame nearly every encountered perverse trial they faced as well as their far better good humanness than any tormenter they had.

Speech issues? Hey, pal I endured years of whining about Bush's drawl at NYT Forums years ago, and it wasn't Republicans doing the complaining, it was Democrats.

So a race issue?

It gets the wah-wah trumpet ridicule it deserves from me.

Uncle Remus pulled out the best, not the worst in black people. Using dialect as a dagger on somebody else is nothing but a wire whisk that whips up froth in the silliest of ways.

I guess you think being deliberately obtuse makes you seem clever. Yes, since you're obviously too stupid to figure that comment out, I'm calling you obtuse. Either deliberately, or by some freak accident of nature. Please find one single source that directly claims that the term Tar Baby is NOT a racial slur. Understand me now, because I know you're kind of slow. I don't mean an "expert" from a KKK website, or some obscure quote with no author attribution, taken out of context. I want the actual words..."Tar Baby is not a racial slur", or words to that effect.

Forum List

Back